The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

Federal Judge declares Indian Tribes must include Negroes...If Im not mistaken there is precedent in history for this. In the movie Little Big Man, didnt grandfather tell the story of a black man who became a human being and a fierce warrior?crying_indian.jpg
...sounds vaguely familiar... wait a second.. (years of therapy slowly wearing off).... (starting to regain the tick I get when I hear the phrase "My Friends...")... Remembering that one debate where every third word was "Joe the Plumber".... Flashbacks of Sarah Palin... Suspending campaign to vote... "That one!"...
So, last night I reread David Foster Wallace's excellent piece on McCain's 2000 Presidential campaign, and in particular the part about his being a POW stood out (of course). And, after I read it, I felt bad about this lame joke about his campaign. Sorry, John.
Just think how much money Will Smith is going to make in the movie "Barack!"
The real question is how transparent will it be when they slip "Now that's what I'm talking about" and "I have GOT to get me one of THESE" into his acceptance speech.
ISS2c_111012.jpgIn 2009 President Obama tried to go to Hiroshima and Nagasaki to apologize for bombing them 65 years ago.But Japan said "No"Looks like Wikileaks works both ways.
such an ass...
Atomic bombs may not have been what ended the war.But targeting civilians with weapons of mass destruction is definitely as American as apple pie.nag4.jpg'Merica!!!
If you ever want a sign that you're about to read bullshit, any variant of this sentence should be your guide...
In recent years, however, a new interpretation of events has emerged...
This is why academia can be as counterproductive as they are productive. When you exist solely in the world of theory, it's amazing what theoretical bullshit you can promote, while keeping a straight face, so long as it confirms your own personal agendas and biases. So. yeah. Tsuyoshi Hasegawa comes along with some revisionist history about nukes and Japan and the people who are apt to buy into that sort of thing (read: leftists, always) are quick on board.
Atomic bombs may not have been what ended the war.But targeting civilians with weapons of mass destruction is definitely as American as apple pie.nag4.jpg'Merica!!!
I do love that we get a total pass for the Tokyo Fire bombings that preceded the Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombings that killed more people than either of those did.It's like you aren't against death, you're against efficiency.Which is weird because the amount of fuel burned by 324 B-29s had a much larger carbon footprint than the Enola Gay. To say nothing of the carbon footprint of 25% of Tokyo burning to the ground.Plus the Enola GAY is such a socially advanced name.I mean you guys need to get your manias in sync or something.
This is why academia can be as counterproductive as they are productive. When you exist solely in the world of theory, it's amazing what theoretical bullshit you can promote, while keeping a straight face, so long as it confirms your own personal agendas and biases. So. yeah. Tsuyoshi Hasegawa comes along with some revisionist history about nukes and Japan and the people who are apt to buy into that sort of thing (read: leftists, always) are quick on board.
So you've read his book? Frankly I don't think you even read the whole newspaper article I linked, if what you took away from it is that leftists all totally agree with him. Did you even read my link-title? Maybe I should have bolded the word "may."
If you ever want a sign that you're about to read bullshit,
...Scram using any variant of the term "leftists" should be your guide.
I do love that we get a total pass for the Tokyo Fire bombings
No, I'm pretty sure nobody gave us a pass on that one. Thanks for the link though, it's not like we learned about that in 9th grade.
No, I'm pretty sure nobody gave us a pass on that one. Thanks for the link though, it's not like we learned about that in 9th grade.
If you've known about this for 2 years, why did you make such a big deal about the lower causality bombings?
Because they were the subject of the discussion. [little-retard-hand smashing chest repeatedly]
I'll grant you that being indignant about one thing, while ignoring an example that is worse, is a common left trait.Good luck with the masterbation
I'll grant you that being indignant about one thing, while ignoring an example that is worse, is a common left trait.
Why not talk about the Holocaust? It's related to WWII also and it was even worse! What about the firebombing of Dresden and the bombing of Berlin? Why stop at Tokyo? Because the subject of the discussion was the atomic bombs we dropped on Japan. Stop arguing for the sake of argument.
Why not talk about the Holocaust? It's related to WWII also and it was even worse! What about the firebombing of Dresden and the bombing of Berlin? Why stop at Tokyo? Because the subject of the discussion was the atomic bombs we dropped on Japan. Stop arguing for the sake of argument.
But I clearly made a logical segue to point out the fallacy that the bombs dropped on Nagasaki or Hiroshima were the worst thing we've ever done. Yet the worst thing is being ignored while we are supposed to be appalled at our conduct on those two occasions.Dying by being lit on fire or dying by being crushed by a concussion wave are still dying.If the bad is dying, then those two are a bad poster child for the lefts deep seated desire to hate their country. Conventional bombs have killed countless more people.If its not the dying that's bad, than its dying in an efficient manner by being vaporized. And let's face it, even the left can't drum up enough false guilt to feel bad for dying quicker.So the entire argument is moot, by virtue of the left being wrong again.Now do you see why I never stopped following the discussion, I merely dragged the left a little farther along than the 9th grade.
it was a war corrrect? it was estimated that over 1m American GIs would have died to take japan the old fashion way - seems to be a no brainer and I would hope faced with the same choices we would make the same move again! BTW you do remember that London and much England was carpet bombed correct? and japans abuse of POW and citizens of conquered nations was horrific...
it was a war corrrect? it was estimated that over 1m American GIs would have died to take japan the old fashion way - seems to be a no brainer and I would hope faced with the same choices we would make the same move again!
So it's an either/or decision? Either we invade Japan conventionally or we drop 2 atomic bombs on unarmed civilians? That's an odd type of logic.
BTW you do remember that London and much England was carpet bombed correct? and japans abuse of POW and citizens of conquered nations was horrific...
Um, what's your point. Do I really have to explain to you guys why the use of atomic weapons (particularly on civilian populations) is uniquely frightening and threatening to the general stability of human civilization on our planet? I guess I do. A full-on nuclear war (which nearly came to pass during the Bay of Pigs fiasco, to name just one instance during the 50+ yearlong Cold War) probably means the end of most human life on earth, and most animal and plant life as well. Even if a few isolated areas got lucky and some organisms (and even human populations) survived, a nuclear war with the USSR would have likely meant the death of nearly every single American person. I can't believe I have to explain to you and BG why nuclear bombs are "scarier" or "worse" than conventional bombs and why, even if we agree that it was militarily justifiable and prudent, we should mourn the civilians who we killed with the 2 that we dropped.