The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

Cain ir fairly irrational on a daily basis, he is one Democrat that i do believe is sincere though. He just can't see the forrest through the trees.
anybody can see Forrest Whitaker through some trees. He's fat.
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

Actually, if you watched the clip, you would know that Fox News went out of their way not to show a picture of him or mention him by name (they called him "this guy" lol) specifically because it would be awkward considering his partial ownership of their station.Your desire to tear down the Daily Show without watching the clip is making you look silly.
You know if you own 1 share of NWS you also are a partial owner.I have to put almost no effort into tearing down the validity of the Daily Show's 'facts'.you have to re-create the reality of what owning stocks is, and have to ignore that this supposed shot-caller couldn't even get this story killed, even though he "finances Fox News"Financed Fox News..that has to be the funniest thing said in this thread so far.
You know if you own 1 share of NWS you also are a partial owner.I have to put almost no effort into tearing down the validity of the Daily Show's 'facts'.you have to re-create the reality of what owning stocks is, and have to ignore that this supposed shot-caller couldn't even get this story killed, even though he "finances Fox News"Financed Fox News..that has to be the funniest thing said in this thread so far.
7% of Newscorp is a lot of cheddar.That's a lot of tough words from a guy who did not know that selling stock literally helps finance your company.
why he is good friends with many influential Americans (including George W. Bush!).....and has contacts all over the globe. He is probably good for the bottom line if you can keep any bad PR away.
So he now have established that knowing someone makes that person influenced by them?Hello Tony Rezko, Bill Ayers and Reverand Wright...welcome back to the discussion!
Well, passing the company from the father to the son..not really something to brag about your influence.But yes, he can vote with 7% of his shares.It's just that a couple pension plans can out vote him and they don't fund Mosques on Holy Ground!
I support that, but are you okay with paying more because you are overweight? Fat people will never accept a fat tax. For example, women complained that they pay more for their health insurance than males the same age (hint: high utilization including maternity), so legislation was enacted in Colorado to remove gender-rating. It's weird that health insurance companies aren't allowed to rate for risk. How can those same people be okay with males paying more for car insurance (because males DUI and kill people). I don't understand the hypocrisy.As our society gets heavier, more and more people will be unhappy with these types of rules. I think healthy people should absolutely be rewarded. They cost less during the long term, so I'd be totally okay with some sort of reward/penalty for not being fat.
Me too. Personally I think they should tax the fatties and then give back so that people can afford to shop at Whole Foods. Geez, that place is expensive. But one of the only ways to get peoples undivided attention is to tell them it will cost them more money to be fat.
7% of Newscorp is a lot of cheddar.That's a lot of tough words from a guy who did not know that selling stock literally helps finance your company.
The only way second hand selling of shares on the public market is with regards to the credit value for borrowing money to finance stuff.So unless you are about to reveal that John Stewart has dug up the dates of the purchases and can now prove that he bought the stocks directly from the IPO, then you should stop proving to everyone that you do not care about facts, you only care about the carefully protected world you have created where the Daily Show teaches us news, while Fox News twists facts.
So he now have established that knowing someone makes that person influenced by them?Hello Tony Rezko, Bill Ayers and Reverand Wright...welcome back to the discussion!
Oh yeah, like they were never brought up before. Who you know and how connected they are to you is always in the discussion. Or did you never bring any of those people up before today? :club:
Bang...well done
Me too. Personally I think they should tax the fatties and then give back so that people can afford to shop at Whole Foods. Geez, that place is expensive. But one of the only ways to get peoples undivided attention is to tell them it will cost them more money to be fat.
As a fat person, I would absolutely pay a fat tax (as long as the standards were not completely unreasonable like in Japan). I think putting a tax on foods that are most terrible for you (nothing too onerous of course) is a better plan. The old liberal gentle nudge.
As a fat person, I would absolutely pay a fat tax (as long as the standards were not completely unreasonable like in Japan). I think putting a tax on foods that are most terrible for you (nothing too onerous of course) is a better plan. The old liberal gentle nudge.
Well Tofu is terrible for me..so tax it by 600% and I will support you. My fat brother
Well Tofu is terrible for me..so tax it by 600% and I will support you. My fat brother
I think if we all decided to call it by its real name, bean curd (the most unappetizing name for a food ever), it's popularity would wane quickly.
I think if we all decided to call it by its real name, bean curd (the most unappetizing name for a food ever), it's popularity would wane quickly.
CrackBlowCrankYea, it's all in the name
He bought the shares on the open market, correct? pretty sure it is publicly traded...as in anyone with the money to purchase the shares....can do it. So the fact that he chose to purchase shares on the open market means huh well nothing. Well maybe it means the terroist cares more about his money then he does any principles.Typically the 2nd largest shareholder would have some influence, it really depends on the size of the company and percentage of shares in question as to how much. In this case i don't buy he any.
this person is entitled to fox news' profits as a huge shareholder of newscorp. so, in effect, you ['FOX NEWS VIEWER'] are directly contributing to the funding of this terrible monstrosity planned for the hallowed ground zero coat factory.for me at least, the point of this discussion is NOT to say that there is something insidious about this guy, or that he has some significant influence over fox news. we are pointing out the absurdity of this "guilt by association" game.
this person is entitled to fox news' profits as a huge shareholder of newscorp. so, in effect, you ['FOX NEWS VIEWER'] are directly contributing to the funding of this terrible monstrosity planned for the hallowed ground zero coat factory.
Now this is a decent argument.I bet you didn't get this line of reasoning from the Daily Show did you?It would have proved me wrong, that they are 2nd rate hacks who just want the cheap joke because they are in bed with the democrat party and as such do not care about truth.
for me at least, the point of this discussion is NOT to say that there is something insidious about this guy, or that he has some significant influence over fox news. we are pointing out the absurdity of this "guilt by association" game.
I would agree with you here except as a friend of Speedz, you are obviously an idiot.
I bet you didn't get this line of reasoning from the Daily Show did you?
this was more or less the complete, main point of that Daily Show segment. again, if you don't watch the clip while commenting on it, you are just going to look silly. especially the part about the absurdity of the guilt by association game.
Now this is a decent argument.I bet you didn't get this line of reasoning from the Daily Show did you?It would have proved me wrong, that they are 2nd rate hacks who just want the cheap joke because they are in bed with the democrat party and as such do not care about truth.I would agree with you here except as a friend of Speedz, you are obviously an idiot.
it was in the follow-up segment, but the point should be judged on its own merits, not those of its speaker.no question, jon stewart does go out of his way to find old clips, twist stories this and that way for a laugh. on this one, though, he pretty much hit it out of the park at fox news' expense. poor speedz.
this was more or less the complete, main point of that Daily Show segment. again, if you don't watch the clip while commenting on it, you are just going to look silly. especially the part about the absurdity of the guilt by association game.
Don't go acting like Strat didn't just come and save your butt and now you 'always' meant this.You were drowning bad, and the guy that saved you causally just let slip that the guys you are in love with are backstabbing liers.I bet you like Speedz too.
I actually like bean curd better than tofu. Tofu has always sounded gross, while bean curd almost sounds appetizing. I admit the reasons behind this are because I love cheese curds ... so there's that.I agree to an extent that we could start taxing certain foods, but it is where there would be a grey area that i would have problems. Let's take the fast food world. Would we have to tax all cheeseburgers ... or would we only have to tax double cheese burgers. Would a hamburger then not be taxed, or do we just tax anything from a fast food restaurant. Or do we just take it by calorie content. If something is over X amount of calories do we then tax it? We should form a commission and get this all sorted out. I say we each get paid 100K year to figure this out. Who's ready to spend some government waste?!
What's wrong with you?Also, you aren't poor. The far majority of overweight people in this country are middle class and below. Why do you hate poor people Cane?
I actually like bean curd better than tofu. Tofu has always sounded gross, while bean curd almost sounds appetizing. I admit the reasons behind this are because I love cheese curds ... so there's that.I agree to an extent that we could start taxing certain foods, but it is where there would be a grey area that i would have problems. Let's take the fast food world. Would we have to tax all cheeseburgers ... or would we only have to tax double cheese burgers. Would a hamburger then not be taxed, or do we just tax anything from a fast food restaurant. Or do we just take it by calorie content. If something is over X amount of calories do we then tax it? We should form a commission and get this all sorted out. I say we each get paid 100K year to figure this out. Who's ready to spend some government waste?!
I don't really have a problem paying some sort of fee (tax?) for the right to eat whatever-the-fuck-I-want. I don't advocate calorie limits based on heavier weight or required exercise, so I don't want granola's pushing their bean curds on me either.
Don't worry, the death panels in Obama's health care plan will get to these things next.After all, once they start paying for our health care, they will have a legal right to get involved in our conduct before we need health care.
Don't go acting like Strat didn't just come and save your butt and now you 'always' meant this.You were drowning bad, and the guy that saved you causally just let slip that the guys you are in love with are backstabbing liers.I bet you like Speedz too.
I would like to see a "serious" show devoted to the kind of stuff jon stewart does, because it is so goddamn stupid that a comedy show is the consensus best at pointing out hypocrisy in the media. the first example that comes to mind: chomsky's comparison between the coverage of indonesia's genocide in east timor vs. pol pot/cambodia. this is in his film "manufacturing consent" which is available for free on hulu.