The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

Wow. This thread is where the magic is happening.
Yea but me and Cane are getting tired of carrying FCP today.Time for you guys to step up and explain why Obama is going to destroy the world on your own.Also, are we sure he was even born in America?
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

I would like to see a "serious" show devoted to the kind of stuff jon stewart does, because it is so goddamn stupid that it falls to a comedy show to make these points. the first example that comes to mind: chomsky's comparison between the media's coverage of indonesia's genocide in east timor vs. pol pot/cambodia. this is in his film "manufacturing consent" which is available for free on hulu.
Wow, all these posts and stuff, just to reveal that you are nothing more than a documentary spammer sent by Michael Moore and his ilk.consider yourself on ignore comrade.
News Commentator: "Looks like this scumbag is financing this mosque and he's dirty"Daily Show: "Oh oh oh oh he owns stock in Fox News, Therefore he is financing Fox News"People with common sense: " Owning stock doesn't mean you are financing them, it just means you are profiting from their success"Daily Show: "Oh but he owns so many shares that he dictates policy"People with remote common sense: " Wouldn't he have killed the story then?"Daily Show: " But but but but I'm Jewish"People: "I thought your people were supposed to be funny"
[ ] Gets the point that the Daily Show was making.
[ ] Gets the point that the Daily Show was making.
When in doubt, pick one, you will be right way more than statistically possible:Bush is BadPalin is dumbKarl Rove is evilRepublicans are wrong
What's wrong with you?Also, you aren't poor. The far majority of overweight people in this country are middle class and below. Why do you hate poor people Cane?
35% the smell of poor people28% the bad grammar/syntax of poor people26% the show "Cheaters"16% they are so bad I need more than 100%There is nothing wrong with me....if I am fat, I should pay my fair share. Seems proper. Like I said, I favor taxes on bad for you foods more (like 2 cents a liter on soda, nothing crazy).BG, if you saw the clip you would not think Strat "saved" anything. That's the whole point of the clip.....you just needed to watch it. I assumed you did which makes me dumb.
What's wrong with you?Also, you aren't poor. The far majority of overweight people in this country are middle class and below. Why do you hate poor people Cane?
So, if they had a tax incentive to eat a healthy balanced meal do you think they would?
You guys aren't serious about this food tax thing you're talking about, right?
I'm serious about setting up a commission to test if this would be a viable method. If the governemnt could just fork over 100M or so I could get the case study started ...
You guys aren't serious about this food tax thing you're talking about, right?
I am. A tiny tax (1-3 cents) on things like white bread, regular soda, etc would be a great source of revenue.....and if a liter of soda going from a $1.19 to $1.21 breaks you maybe you should have been sticking to tap water anyway. think of it as a targeted sales tax to try and get America healthy.

Having read a crap ton of board of directors minutes while i was in public...7% of the common stock is almost always enough to vote in yourself at least one member of the board of directors under cumulative voting. Many things in a huge corporation have to be unanimously approved by the board. Having a puppet member of the board who can block any vote you want is an extremely powerful position and a reason you would never want to piss off someone who holds that much equity.In other news, the state of "news" in the US, including fox news, makes me sad.

Having read a shit ton of board of directors minutes while i was in public...7% of the common stock is almost always enough to vote in yourself at least one member of the board of directors under cumulative voting. Many things in a huge corporation have to be unanimously approved by the board. Having a puppet member of the board who can block any vote you want is an extremely powerful position and a reason you would never want to piss off someone who holds that much equity.
BOOM! I knew I remembered something from all that corporations law I had to "learn".
I am. A tiny tax (1-3 cents) on things like white bread, regular soda, etc would be a great source of revenue.....and if a liter of soda going from a $1.19 to $1.21 breaks you maybe you should have been sticking to tap water anyway. think of it as a targeted sales tax to try and get America healthy.
How will this help if the people you are targeting wont care about a few extra cents. Besides the extra revenue generated will only mean politicians will stay at 5 star instead of 4 star resorts on their fact finding junkets.
How will this help if the people you are targeting wont care about a few extra cents. Besides the extra revenue generated will only mean politicians will stay at 5 star instead of 4 star resorts on their fact finding junkets.
Every person it nudges to wheat bread or diet soda (or water) is a success and tiny taxes on popular goods have a habit of adding up.
....if I am fat, I should pay my fair share. Seems proper. Like I said, I favor taxes on bad for you foods more (like 2 cents a liter on soda, nothing crazy).
No. I'm pretty sure it's crazy.
So, if they had a tax incentive to eat a healthy balanced meal do you think they would?
My mind is boggled right now. I can't believe that you guys are trying to legislate my personal choices and responsibility and it isn't being laughed at.
My mind is boggled right now. I can't believe that you guys are trying to legislate my personal choices and responsibility and it isn't being laughed at.
I want my Wii Fit to upload directly to the IRS for some tax credits.
No. I'm pretty sure it's crazy.My mind is boggled right now. I can't believe that you guys are trying to legislate my personal choices and responsibility and it isn't being laughed at.
No, we are not legislating anything. Nobody is talking about banning soda. We are discussing small incentives to encourage good health because our poor health as a country is a MAJOR contributor to our exploding health care costs. The easiest way to lower health care costs would be if we were not so ****ing fat. What's mind boggling is the proposition that a fat person should not have to contribute more to health care than a skinny person.
This post gave me an immediate migraine.
Jamie Oliver's food revolution made me sick......something has to be done especially with PE disappearing in elementary schools. I would be open to trading this tax for a lessening or withdrawal of another tax.Unless you have a better idea to get people to lose weight? Or perhaps you don't agree that poor health is driving much of our health care costs as a country? The knee-jerk reaction: "omg, wtf a tax on personal choices" gives me a migraine especially considering we already tax the crap out of cigarettes and alcohol. This is merely an extension of that.
No. I'm pretty sure it's crazy.My mind is boggled right now. I can't believe that you guys are trying to legislate my personal choices and responsibility and it isn't being laughed at.
If my choices were situations like controlling the amount of salt in restaurant food and disallowing toys in kids meals versus paying a tax like smokes or booze, I'll take the tax.Assuming those are our two choices. I'd also be a fan of leaving me the fuck alone to enjoy whatever habits I want.