The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

This was my general point. His bill was a big pile of nothing that crippled him politically. He cashed in all his credits to do very little. I will never understand it.
Let me help you understand.Obama had no experience to draw from.So he handed over everything to Pelosi and Reid.They had almost less experience, so they handed it off to people in the pockets of insurance companies and HMOs.So he's not as smart as the teleprompter makes him appear.
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

No they are not, and they have never proclaimed to.He has stated he wont raise taxes on people making less than 250K, which technically is true. He is not doing it. Congress made that decision in 2001 and when the tax cuts went into effect. The only way they could get enough votes is if they were not made permanent and had a sunset provision.
See, I knew I was not crazy...From a poll on cnn.com:On taxes, three in ten believe that the Bush-era tax cuts should be continued for all Americans, according to the new poll released Friday. Just over 50 percent say those tax cuts should be continued only for families who make less than $250,000 a year, as Obama has proposed. that is their plan Guapo, to continue the Bush tax cuts for everyone but 250k+ earners. And a majority of Americans support it.here is the full link: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/...ular-poll-says/healthcare legislation remains unpopular though.
Let me help you understand.Obama had no experience to draw from.So he handed over everything to Pelosi and Reid.They had almost less experience, so they handed it off to people in the pockets of insurance companies and HMOs.So he's not as smart as the teleprompter makes him appear.
Yeah. And he was never given a chance.
Yeah. And he was never given a chance.
Yeah, I re-thought that and I realized that the GOP went out of their way to work with him from day one but he just wouldn't do what they wanted instead of what he wanted. What a maroon.

Obama had two things to decide to continue from the Bush presidency.1. Bush began a dinner to celebrate the first day of Ramadan and invited muslim leaders to the White House.2. Bush began a dinner to celebrate the National Day of Prayer and invited Christian and Jewish leaders to the White House.Which if any did Obama continue?

Obama had two things to decide to continue from the Bush presidency.1. Bush began a dinner to celebrate the first day of Ramadan and invited muslim leaders to the White House.2. Bush began a dinner to celebrate the National Day of Prayer and invited Christian and Jewish leaders to the White House.Which if any did Obama continue?
those were the only two things?also, who cares.
those were the only two things?also, who cares.
No, things like Gitmo we already know that Obama is for now, along with increasing troops in Afghanistan, following the time table laid out by Bush for the withdrawal in Iraq, all that stuff...
See, I knew I was not crazy...From a poll on cnn.com:On taxes, three in ten believe that the Bush-era tax cuts should be continued for all Americans, according to the new poll released Friday. Just over 50 percent say those tax cuts should be continued only for families who make less than $250,000 a year, as Obama has proposed. that is their plan Guapo, to continue the Bush tax cuts for everyone but 250k+ earners. And a majority of Americans support it.here is the full link: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/...ular-poll-says/healthcare legislation remains unpopular though.
if you are going to do the massive stimulus, you also have to extend all the tax cuts. doing the first but not the second will kill the recovery, so you're basically where you were pre-stimulus, plus some extra debt. obama's line, from day 1 of the stimulus, should have anticipated the possibility that the recovery wouldn't happen fast enough to let the rich folk tax cuts expire.if he's getting re-elected, he has to extend the tax cuts to keep the economy rolling. this of course means more public debt, but I am personally inclined to not give a shit about that.
Find me the proposed legislation behind this. You quoted a poll. Nothing I have seen shows the lower tax brackets being left alone. It's still all a giant soundbite that means absolutely nothing.Again, I will go back to the fact that the 10% tax bracket is going away on 1/1/2011. That affects every single tax payer.On top of this the taxation of capital gains and dividends changes dramatically as well.

We should just confiscate all the money of everyone in America who made more than $250K last year. Every single cent.That way when the government spends it all in about 14 days, people can realize that taxing the top wage earners is a political statement, not a practical one.

rebates! woot!
Well a lot of those people actually got tax credits, so they had the federal governement give them money.I think anyone who would accept money back from the governement when they didn't pay anything to them is lowest form of human being.
if you are going to do the massive stimulus, you also have to extend all the tax cuts. doing the first but not the second will kill the recovery,
FYPI have yet to see a coherent theory by which taking money from the productive economy and giving it to political cronies can create any type of net economic growth over and above not taking that money from the productive economy.
FYPI have yet to see a coherent theory by which taking money from the productive economy and giving it to political cronies can create any type of net economic growth over and above not taking that money from the productive economy.
But unions will use that money wiser than a person who is non-union and supports x number of families
Find me the proposed legislation behind this. You quoted a poll. Nothing I have seen shows the lower tax brackets being left alone. It's still all a giant soundbite that means absolutely nothing.Again, I will go back to the fact that the 10% tax bracket is going away on 1/1/2011. That affects every single tax payer.On top of this the taxation of capital gains and dividends changes dramatically as well.
I thought the line "as Obama has proposed" was pretty clear.
Well a lot of those people actually got tax credits, so they had the federal governement give them money.I think anyone who would accept money back from the governement when they didn't pay anything to them is lowest form of human being.
I think a murderer or kiddie toucher is lower.
I thought the line "as Obama has proposed" was pretty clear.
I don't think saying it outloud for two years = proposed. He has less than 4 months to get a bill through congress to change the tax laws. Let's also not overlook that nothing has been done about the estate tax debacle.
I was trying to say that using stimulus and then raising taxes before the recovery has any staying power is worse than doing nothing. I think pretty much everyone agrees with that point.
I don't think saying it outloud for two years = proposed. He has less than 4 months to get a bill through congress to change the tax laws. Let's also not overlook that nothing has been done about the estate tax debacle.
That's because some people think that the world needs more paris hiltons.
That's because some people think that the world needs more paris hiltons.
you are trying very hard to make me flip out. think about how often that is the case versus normal people having chunks of their accumulated lifetimes of savings stripped from their families.
you are trying very hard to make me flip out. think about how often that is the case versus normal people having chunks of their accumulated lifetimes of savings stripped from their families.
But budget is out of control, but god forbid we tax people who are dead.