The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

I'm having a hard time believing that's real.
It's real, The Daily Show was making fun of it last night.I guess the question is whether his address was being broadcast to other places in which case the fact that the audience in front of him is kids wouldn't change how he gives a speech.
I'm having a hard time believing that's real.
He's the President of the United States, possibly the most scrutinized man on the planet. His every word can change the political landscape, stock prices, business, etc. We're living in a time where people are more critical than ever of what public figures say, and where quotes, clips, and gaffs can travel at the speed of light all around the world.Yeah, the man's going to organize a bit before he makes a public appearance. He'd be stupid not to.
It's real, The Daily Show was making fun of it last night.I guess the question is whether his address was being broadcast to other places in which case the fact that the audience in front of him is kids wouldn't change how he gives a speech.
He was speaking to the media afterwards.Because the most transparent administration in history is using canned responses written by unelected government paid writers to address the American people to try to shore up his falling approval numbers.Hope and change?
He's the President of the United States, possibly the most scrutinized man on the planet. His every word can change the political landscape, stock prices, business, etc. We're living in a time where people are more critical than ever of what public figures say, and where quotes, clips, and gaffs can travel at the speed of light all around the world.Yeah, the man's going to organize a bit before he makes a public appearance. He'd be stupid not to.
President Obama: Any questions?Billy: Ummm...why should I not do coke when you did and wrote about it in your book?President Obama: Next question?Sally: Ummm...like, ummm, like my mom and dad said you promised a tax cut...um...and they..um..where is it?President Obama: Next question?Maggie: What's your puppy like?President Obama: My puppy is really cute. I want to thank everyone for coming. Good night
I guess the question is whether his address was being broadcast to other places in which case the fact that the audience in front of him is kids wouldn't change how he gives a speech.
If the audience isn't the classroom, why is he giving the speech in a classroom?
Yeah, the man's going to organize a bit before he makes a public appearance. He'd be stupid not to.
"Organize a bit" is a lot different than using teleprompters. Organize a bit means you jot some key points on a couple note cards.I don't know, I think it's kind of sad that the leader of our country needs a teleprompter so much. Maybe that's more perception than reality though.
I don't know, I think it's kind of sad that the leader of our country needs a teleprompter so much. Maybe that's more perception than reality though.
To me, it's more a state of our media and the nature of, say, YouTube and the Internet than it is about Obama.It'd be troubling if he used a teleprompter in meetings with his advisers and such. He doesn't, though.
"Organize a bit" is a lot different than using teleprompters. Organize a bit means you jot some key points on a couple note cards.I don't know, I think it's kind of sad that the leader of our country needs a teleprompter so much. Maybe that's more perception than reality though.
obama_teleprompter_incompetence_poster.jpg
To me, it's more a state of our media and the nature of, say, YouTube and the Internet than it is about Obama.It'd be troubling if he used a teleprompter in meetings with his advisers and such. He doesn't, though, I suspect hope.

the message is important imo, not the way it is delivered. i personally don't care, if politicians even would need a living prompter, as long as i can understand his message. whether i agree to it, or not, is a different thing.

the message is important imo, not the way it is delivered. i personally don't care, if politicians even would need a living prompter, as long as i can understand his message. whether i agree to it, or not, is a different thing.
Does the fact that 'most' of the messages are written by someone else who received instructions from a focus group on the current trends in the political climate and what 'message' would result in the most positive responses change your view at all?
Does the fact that 'most' of the messages are written by someone else who received instructions from a focus group on the current trends in the political climate and what 'message' would result in the most positive responses change your view at all?
no, since that's pretty much standart for every politician or at least head of governement/state. and you can say that in a democracy it is all about reacting to current trends in the population. but as i said, no one forces me to agree to the message.
no, since that's standart for every politician or at least head of governement/state. and you can say that in a democracy it is all about reacting to current trends in the population.
Reminds me of my mother's reaction to the Contract with America back in the 90's.Her response was that the republicans didn't believe in any of that stuff, they just polled the country and found out what people want from them.I asked her why she thinks that is a bad attribute in a politician.But you are right, all politicians do this. Here's a picture of Obama' chief writer.favreauclinton.jpgYes this is actually the guy who writes most of Obama's speeches. the picture was taken during the campaign.
Reminds me of my mother's reaction to the Contract with America back in the 90's.Her response was that the republicans didn't believe in any of that stuff, they just polled the country and found out what people want from them.I asked her why she thinks that is a bad attribute in a politician.But you are right, all politicians do this. Here's a picture of Obama' chief writer.favreauclinton.jpgYes this is actually the guy who writes most of Obama's speeches. the picture was taken during the campaign.
Which one, the guy in the center?
Which one, the guy in the center?
I understand that you might know that Hillary is a female, but just in case you didn't know... It's the guy on the left that is the current chief speech writer.
I'm not sure what fraction of what Obama says was written by him, but I'm sure that it's larger than the fraction of what George W wrote himself. After all, above original job was as an author.