The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

yeah it is totally obvious that Gates is a racist. That's good evidence too.....linking to the police report of the officer he is accusing of treating him improperly. Lol Brvheart. It's only sad if you believe the police officer.....and I see no reason he should have any more credibility than Gates (who denies saying most of those things--but he is black so he is the liar right?). Police reports are actually inadmissible 95% of the time at trial because they lack credibility....they are just the observations of one man/woman who could be mistaken/biased/etc. frankly, once he figured out Gates was a lawful resident, I dont know why he didnt just leave. There was no more danger...no more possibility it was a burglary. Just leave. They both escalated the situation from what I can tell. The difference is one did it because he was offended to be accused of robbing his own house and the other....well I dont know what his motivation was. Probably along the lines of "I'm a police officer and everyone needs to bow down to me."
You are acting like Obama, Cane. You should have read the report. It was TWO different cops, as the last page is a 2nd cop who is HISPANIC.Also, the cop absolutely tried to leave and Gates followed him outside screaming at him, calling him names, and insulting his mother. This is not the opinion of one cop... this is collaborated by 9/11, the dispatcher, university police, and three different Cambridge cops, one of whom was black.
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

You are acting like Obama, Cane. You should have read the report. It was TWO different cops, as the last page is a 2nd cop who is HISPANIC.Also, the cop absolutely tried to leave and Gates followed him outside screaming at him, calling him names, and insulting his mother. This is not the opinion of one cop... this is collaborated by 9/11, the dispatcher, university police, and three different Cambridge cops, one of whom was black.
paging Rudy Giuliani!I did read the report. I dont know whether to believe it or not. It's a police report. The 2nd cop got there way late. I feel like the cop waited too long to leave from the reports I have heard. The whole thing should have been over in 3 minutes. I would perfectly understand if Gates lost his shit because he felt he was being hassled unfairly.....how would you like to have to prove you live in your own house?Also, the corroborators (I knew what you meant) are all in some way also police officers. There is no white or brown or black for police. Just blue. I have not heard one non-police entity corroborate that Gates followed him outside and did those things. How would the dispatcher even know? Because the cop reported it that way? Until then, I presume there is no way to tell who is being honest. Even assuming the allegations in the report are completely true.....why did the officer not just walk away anyway? Gates was not a danger to anyone. Insulting someone's mother does not endanger the public. Let the old fool rant. There is no law against screaming at a police officer. It's a terrible idea....but just once I would like to see the police officer be the bigger man. If Gates brandished his cane at him, fine. But just yelling at him? Let him vent. (assuming Gates did those things which he denies)fwiw, I think the officer sounds like a great guy. I am sure he thought he was just doing his job and, like any human, got pissed when Gates got pissed. It is just a bad situation. I do not think Gates should sue. This was not police discrimination. Also, as Jon Stewart pointed out hilariously on the Daily Show, Obama CANT GET INVOLVED IN THIS. So dumb. I know why he did of course. Gates is his friend and it is good to support your friends. But when you are president you have to be a lot more judicious about commenting on something like this even if it is your friend.But it is going way too far to just say Gates is a racist. Black people have legitimate reasons to be touchy about this kind of thing. And, to say he should lose his professorship is crazy talk.

How about if Gates would have been the bigger man. This is how it should have gone down:Police: We received a phone call that 2 men were breaking into this house.Prof: It was me. The lock was stuck so we had to go in the back door and it took some effort but we got the door to work.Police: Sounds reasonable can you please show me some ID and proof this is your house. Also, I want to look around to make sure there aren't any other perps on the premise.Prof: Okay here is my ID and some mail that is delivered to this address. You can check out the house but you won't find anything because I was the one trying to get into my house *chuckle*Police: Thank you sir and I am sorry for the inconvenience.DONE and DONE.If you want to be an idiot and lash out on police then that is your choice, but as I see it. What if there had been a robbery? Then would the guy be goin all ballistic? No he would be thanking the officer for getting there and making sure he still had some stuff left in the house. This whole thing is rediculous and MR. OBAMA should be blamed for igniting this story past what it needed to be. So MR President PLEASE, NEXT TIME A SIMPLE "NO COMMENT" WILL DO JUST FINE.

paging Rudy Giuliani!I did read the report. I dont know whether to believe it or not. It's a police report. The 2nd cop got there way late. I feel like the cop waited too long to leave from the reports I have heard. The whole thing should have been over in 3 minutes. I would perfectly understand if Gates lost his shit because he felt he was being hassled unfairly.....how would you like to have to prove you live in your own house?
I live in a rural area, and if I came home to a cop who said "we are investigating a report of a forced entry, can you prove you live here?", I would prove I live there, calmly and without calling into question his ability. Then it would be over in 3 minutes.If I start calling him an idiot and ranting and raving about unfair police tactics against farmers, then I would expect the interaction to last a bit longer.I'll pick choice 1.
But it is going way too far to just say Gates is a racist. Black people have legitimate reasons to be touchy about this kind of thing. And, to say he should lose his professorship is crazy talk.
I agree completely with this paragraph. Being black in America is still cause for police harassment. But if I'm smart (which I am) and black (which I am not), I go out of my way to prove that the stereotypes are wrong, especially in my case.So yeah, Gates is an idiot. The cop probably should've left, but his explicit orders were repeatedly ignored. At that point, Gates can't complain about anything after that.
I agree completely with this paragraph. Being black in America is still cause for police harassment. But if I'm smart (which I am) and black (which I am not), I go out of my way to prove that the stereotypes are wrong, especially in my case.So yeah, Gates is an idiot. The cop probably should've left, but his explicit orders were repeatedly ignored. At that point, Gates can't complain about anything after that.
Imagine the story if the police showed up to the door, asked if everything ws okay after recieving a call about a man forcing a door open at night, and they left. Only later to find that the resident was murdered and his house robbed.their defense? "The guy inside said he owned the house."
Imagine the story if the police showed up to the door, asked if everything ws okay after recieving a call about a man forcing a door open at night, and they left. Only later to find that the resident was murdered and his house robbed.their defense? "The guy inside said he owned the house."
after they saw his ID, it was time to leave the premises. "mission accomplished" as they say.
and after he produced his Harvard ID why did they need to spend more time checking it out? is there a big problem out there with 58 year old men procuring fake Hahvahd IDs? gotta get the Harvard police in on that?
and after he produced his Harvard ID why did they need to spend more time checking it out? is there a big problem out there with 58 year old men procuring fake Hahvahd IDs? gotta get the Harvard police in on that?
It's obvious you hold professors and ones from Harvard in higher regard than I do.Most of them anyway
It's obvious you hold professors and ones from Harvard in higher regard than I do.Most of them anyway
I'm a PENN guy. We hate Princeton the most but Harvard is up there. Professors are a mixed bag. Right now I am cursing my contracts professor from law school for being so incompetent. I have had to learn the subject from scratch while studying for the rest of the Bar and working. If I fail, I will have my vengeance in this life or the next.Also, Bill Maher had a hilarious spoof opening about the Gates controversy. It was a fake advertisement about a security company that protected homeowners from black intellectuals. Motto: If a black intellectual threatens your home, we'll take affirmative action"gold.edit: Maher just made a joke that indirectly makes a great point. The real a$$ in this situation is the neighbor. Doesn't she know who Gates is (he is kind of a big deal around those parts) and who breaks into a house with luggage?
My reading of the police report was that he was wrapping up some mandatory details in preparation for leaving. As part of his duty he had to call in and say everything was OK, and to inform the campus police. While he was trying to do this, Gates kept harassing the cop and calling him a racist. Again, let the cop do his job quietly, and this is a non-event.The separate issue of unfair treatment of minorities is a big issue, but this will harm that cause, not help it.
bastard.
Come on. It was funny that you put in the wrong word that just happens to make it sound like you were suggesting all the police agencies were conspiring. That's great stuff.

From the CAGWEarlier this Spring, President Barack Obama was going to demonstrate his commitment to efficiently spending the taxpayers’ dollars by calling on his cabinet to find waste in programs under their jurisdiction. He ordered them to find $100 million in waste within 90 days.This may sound like a lot of money, but keep in mind this is $100 million from within a $3.5 TRILLION federal budgetDespite the paltry amount that the Obama Administration was supposed to find in waste, the 90 days have come and gone and nothing has been cut. Despite setting the bar so very low it appeared to be on the ground, the Obama Administration managed to trip over it.

Today is the first Obama Approval Index based entirely upon polling conducted after the press conference, during which Obama made his infamous “stupidly” remark. Likely voters obviously do not approve of the president’s ObamaGates controversy - the number of likely voters who strongly disapprove of Obama’s performance has gone up 5% since the press conference (from 35% on Wednesday morning to 40% today).The tracking Poll shows that 29% of the nation’s voters still strongly approve of Obama’s performance, but 40% strongly disapprove. Rasmussen’s Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who strongly disapprove from the number who strongly approve.The more likely voters find out President Obama, the less they care for him and his extremely liberal policies. According to Rasmussen, Obama is now seen as politically liberal by 76% - up six points from a month ago and 11 points since he was elected. Forty-eight percent now see Obama as very liberal - up 20 points since he was elected

From the CAGWEarlier this Spring, President Barack Obama was going to demonstrate his commitment to efficiently spending the taxpayers’ dollars by calling on his cabinet to find waste in programs under their jurisdiction. He ordered them to find $100 million in waste within 90 days.This may sound like a lot of money, but keep in mind this is $100 million from within a $3.5 TRILLION federal budgetDespite the paltry amount that the Obama Administration was supposed to find in waste, the 90 days have come and gone and nothing has been cut. Despite setting the bar so very low it appeared to be on the ground, the Obama Administration managed to trip over it.
You must be wrong.Obama found $660,000,000,000.00 in waste that will be funding 2/3s of the health care plan that isn't going to happen.I wouldn't doubt if he leaves the waste in place afterwards now since congress is too stupid to vote for healthcare so forget them.

This Savings BG LOL?the Congressional Budget Office said the proposal to give an independent panel the power to keep Medicare spending in check would only save about $2 billion over 10 years- a drop in the bucket compared to the bill’s $1 trillion price tag.“In CBO’s judgment, the probability is high that no savings would be realized … but there is also a chance that substantial savings might be realized. Looking beyond the 10-year budget window, CBO expects that this proposal would generate larger but still modest savings on the same probabilistic basis,” CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf wrote

There is no law against screaming at a police officer.
pretty sure there is