The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

Stimulus Website Needs More MoneyPosted on July 10, 2009 by Dave Williams The General Services Administration just announced a plan to spend $18 million to revamp Recovery.org. Smartronix Inc., a Maryland-based firm, who was awarded the contract, will receive the money in two increments, $9.5 million through January 2010 and then the remaining $7.5 million throughout 2014. The effort to shed much needed sunshine on the stimulus and recovery efforts is to be applauded, but this project seems like it will be costing too much and delivering too late. In comparison, America’s first transparency and accountability website, USAspending.gov, was created in 2006 and is maintained for less than $1 million. USAspending.gov is a comprehensive and searchable database which lists every federal contract and expenditure by fiscal year. It seems implausible that Recovery.gov needs $18 million for a re-design when USAspending.gov got up and running from the start for a small fraction of that.The inflated price tag might have something to do with the fact that Smartronix is still new to Web design. When considering awarding the contract, The Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board was looking for “an innovative, award winning, Web design and implementation firm with expertise on user-focused, data-driven Web designs.” Strangely enough, Smartronix specializes in areas including “cybersecurity, custom enterprise software, systems design, and health IT.” According to Informationweek, Smartronix hardly has any web design experience. This is not to say they are inexperienced altogether; Smartronix has won more than $260 million in federal contractsover the last decade, which is ironically, listed on the less expensive USAspending.gov.Although Earl Devaney, chairman of the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, is “pleased that another major milestone has been achieved,” one has to wonder what this milestone is. Spending 18 times more to report on the stimulus than is needed for the rest of the federal government combined may break a record or two, but is certainly not a milestone to be celebrated.

What I find amazing is the fact that defense spending seems to get no scrutiny at all by most people who complain about the wasteful inefficient government. It's like defense spending is a religion and it's blasphemy to question how the money is spent or whether too much is spent.
Here ya go...http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...0,1072840.story(ignore the lack of job creation sub topic)
Death and Taxes 2010:What is it?Death and Taxes" is a large representational graph and poster of the federal budget. It contains over 500 programs and departments and almost every program that receives over 200 million dollars annually. The data is straight from the president's 2010 budget request and will be debated, amended, and approved by Congress to begin the fiscal year. All of the item circles are proportional in size to their spending totals and the percentage change from 2009 is included to spot trends and disproportion.

Is there a place we are talking about this Harvard prof that got arrested. I'm not looking for it.http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...3092gates1.htmlIt's so obvious that this guy is a racist is hard to believe that anyone would defend him. I am SHOCKED that he is still employed at Harvard. It starts to get really really sad at the top of page 2... and Obama called the cop stupid. Awesome.

Top 10 Most Outrageous Taxes Proposed/Floated by Obamacompiled by David Boaz, Cato Institute1. Raise the top income tax rates from their current 33% and 35% to 36% and 39.6% in 2011. 2. Implement a cap-and-trade system for emissions permits, the functional equivalent of a massive new energy tax. 3. Increase capital gains and dividend taxes by 33% for people already paying high income tax rates. 4. Raise a variety of business taxes by $353 billion over 10 years, including repeal of LIFO inventory rules, restoring Superfund taxes, levying seven tax increases on energy companies, and more. 5. Impose a value-added tax (VAT) on all goods and services. 6. Limit itemized deductions for people paying high rates. 7. Restore the estate tax at 45%. 8. Tax employer-provided cell phones. 9. Raise taxes on overseas corporate earnings. 10.Eliminate Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Savings Accounts.Time to be patriotic and pay our fair share BG!

Top 10 Most Outrageous Taxes Proposed/Floated by Obamacompiled by David Boaz, Cato Institute1. Raise the top income tax rates from their current 33% and 35% to 36% and 39.6% in 2011. 2. Implement a cap-and-trade system for emissions permits, the functional equivalent of a massive new energy tax. 3. Increase capital gains and dividend taxes by 33% for people already paying high income tax rates. 4. Raise a variety of business taxes by $353 billion over 10 years, including repeal of LIFO inventory rules, restoring Superfund taxes, levying seven tax increases on energy companies, and more. 5. Impose a value-added tax (VAT) on all goods and services. 6. Limit itemized deductions for people paying high rates. 7. Restore the estate tax at 45%. 8. Tax employer-provided cell phones. 9. Raise taxes on overseas corporate earnings. 10.Eliminate Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Savings Accounts.Time to be patriotic and pay our fair share BG!
This list is so bad, I hate to pick out a couple....#7 destroys businesses. Most of the people who pay this are family businesses that get passed between generations. What business can survive a 45% reduction in assets overnight?#8 will piss me off most of all. My company gave me a cell phone. I said I don't want it and won't use it. They gave it to me anyway. It sits uncharged in my laptop bag. And now Obama wants me to pay for that? #10 is his way to make sure he can blame free markets for failed healthcare. By eliminating the few bright spots of competition in medical care, people will become more frustrated and more open to his egomaniacal plan to socialize 1/7th of the economy.
Is there a place we are talking about this Harvard prof that got arrested. I'm not looking for it.http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...3092gates1.htmlIt's so obvious that this guy is a racist is hard to believe that anyone would defend him. I am SHOCKED that he is still employed at Harvard. It starts to get really really sad at the top of page 2... and Obama called the cop stupid. Awesome.
yeah it is totally obvious that Gates is a racist. That's good evidence too.....linking to the police report of the officer he is accusing of treating him improperly. Lol Brvheart. It's only sad if you believe the police officer.....and I see no reason he should have any more credibility than Gates (who denies saying most of those things--but he is black so he is the liar right?). Police reports are actually inadmissible 95% of the time at trial because they lack credibility....they are just the observations of one man/woman who could be mistaken/biased/etc. frankly, once he figured out Gates was a lawful resident, I dont know why he didnt just leave. There was no more danger...no more possibility it was a burglary. Just leave. They both escalated the situation from what I can tell. The difference is one did it because he was offended to be accused of robbing his own house and the other....well I dont know what his motivation was. Probably along the lines of "I'm a police officer and everyone needs to bow down to me."
frankly, once he figured out Gates was a lawful resident, I dont know why he didnt just leave. There was no more danger...no more possibility it was a burglary. Just leave. They both escalated the situation from what I can tell. The difference is one did it because he was offended to be accused of robbing his own house and the other....well I dont know what his motivation was. Probably along the lines of "I'm a police officer and everyone needs to bow down to me."
did you read the report? according to what was in it, that sounds exactly like what the officer tried to do (just leave).also: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090724/ap_on_...resting_officerdude's pretty well respected himself.

1. Most cops are total pricks.2. In this country, minorities have lots of reasons to distrust cops.3. That doesn't mean every cop arresting every minority is a racist brute.4. No matter what, you have to be nice to the guy with the gun.Having said all that, this case is looking like the cop did the right thing. The arrest report has that "ring of truth" to it. If you've ever read the reports from cops that are later caught in a lie, they just seem wrong from the start. This one seems right.If the cop is telling the truth, the investigation will talk to the witnesses, and he will be cleared.Obama should've stayed out of it instead of making a bad situation worse. Next up: Jesse Jackson uses up another 2 minutes of his fame.

1. Most cops are total pricks.2. In this country, minorities have lots of reasons to distrust cops.3. That doesn't mean every cop arresting every minority is a racist brute.4. No matter what, you have to be nice to the guy with the gun.Having said all that, this case is looking like the cop did the right thing. The arrest report has that "ring of truth" to it. If you've ever read the reports from cops that are later caught in a lie, they just seem wrong from the start. This one seems right.If the cop is telling the truth, the investigation will talk to the witnesses, and he will be cleared.Obama should've stayed out of it instead of making a bad situation worse. Next up: Jesse Jackson uses up another 2 minutes of his fame.
The cop acted correctly (IMO). He comes to a scene of a reported break in - reported by a neighbor - and has to assess a potentially dangerous situation. If he didn't do the full due diligence, then Gates would have accused him of Racism for not providing the same level of protection e would for a White Man.Yet another case where knee-jerk playing of the Race Card actually hurts "The Cause".Here is an interesting Rant on the subject...http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-303137

I don't care enough to actually google this information, but on the radio yesterday they said the 'bad' cop taught classes on racial profiling to other cops and was a serious posterboy for equal treatment.But even though Obama is likely to destroy ths country, I don't see the big deal that he got the wrong impression from the light facts he got.He's gotten the facts wrong about everything because he has a light grasp on reality, why should this be different?But seriously, I agree with Henry, it's not a stretch to say that black guys at night get different treatment in nice neighborhoods than I would.Of course I don't have a chip on my choulder about it either so I don't inflame the issue and give cops a reason to escalate. But that comes from my years of being a long haired dope smoking criminal and my fear of the being raped in prison.

Is This the Instance of Police Misconduct to Obsess About?linkby Conor FriedersdorfInteresting as it is to speculate about Henry Louis Gates and the Cambridge Police Department, the attention the case is generating reflects an unfortunate feature of American public discourse: you've got someone like Radley Balko who spends the bulk of his career documenting the most grave instances of police misconduct imaginable -- including cases that involve the incarceration of innocent people for years on end -- and most of even the egregious cases he writes about never break into mainstream conversation, whereas a minor altercation involving a Harvard professor who isn't even being charged with a crime spawns wall-to-wall media coverage.Isn't it notable that six months into his presidency, the most prominent advocacy President Obama has done on behalf of minorities mistreated by police is to stand up for his Ivy League buddy? Somehow I imagine that Professor Gates would've fared just fine absent help from Harvard's most prominent alumnus.Whereas if President Obama spoke up at a press conference on behalf of people wrongly imprisoned due to "testimony" by police dogs, or advocated for those sexually assaulted by an officer, or spoke against prosecutors who block access to DNA testing, or called out the officer who choked a paramedic, or objected to the practice of police killing family pets, or asked the Innocence Project for a clear cut case of injustice to publicize...I understand, of course, that Pres. Obama was asked about Henry Louis Gates, which is also part of the problem. Wrongly arrest a black men who happens to be a Harvard professor, release him without filing charges, and the national press corps asks the president to comment. Wrongly imprison for years on end a black man who happens to be working class and without celebrity, and the national press corps continues to utterly ignore a criminal justice system that routinely convicts innocent people. Apportioning blame for this sorry state of affairs isn't as important as recognizing that the news we get on these matters reflects a value system that is seriously flawed, and that news consumers bear blame for too.

Top 10 Most Outrageous Taxes Proposed/Floated by Obamacompiled by David Boaz, Cato Institute1. Raise the top income tax rates from their current 33% and 35% to 36% and 39.6% in 2011. 2. Implement a cap-and-trade system for emissions permits, the functional equivalent of a massive new energy tax. 3. Increase capital gains and dividend taxes by 33% for people already paying high income tax rates. 4. Raise a variety of business taxes by $353 billion over 10 years, including repeal of LIFO inventory rules, restoring Superfund taxes, levying seven tax increases on energy companies, and more. 5. Impose a value-added tax (VAT) on all goods and services. 6. Limit itemized deductions for people paying high rates. 7. Restore the estate tax at 55%. 8. Tax employer-provided cell phones. 9. Raise taxes on overseas corporate earnings. 10.Eliminate Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Savings Accounts.Time to be patriotic and pay our fair share BG!
FYET%Raising cap gains is on of the worst ideas on this list.As for the Gates/Cop thing. This guy is an idiot, he is claiming he was 'duped' to going outside. You know what, he was! He is a Harvard professor and was not smart enough to stay inside his home. Cops are allowed to use deception. Plus it was also for the safety of the officer to take the situation outside.I only heard a snippet of what Obama said, but if it's true, he is off the reservation with this one. Not only should this not even be commented on by the POTUS in any circumstance, because it is really a non-issue. He is also wrong and talking out of his ass on things he doesn't know any of the circumstance, or apparently the law.

I am really annoyed at Obama for even getting into this issue with the Harvard professor. I mean really, so you know all the facts and you were there to see it and that makes it so you can have an informed decision. As the POTUS you should have all the facts before you make any decision, but as is seen with most of his policies and spending he has very little of the facts. It just irritates me to no end that he calls what happened as "officers acting stupidly". GET ALL THE FACTS FIRST OBAMA! And now because he is too prideful he won't back down from his statements. Like I said in another thread. I have voted libertarian since I could vote ... but because of Mr. Obama, I will more than likely vote republican in the next election. The guy is a joke and a fraud.-1,000 points for this!

I am really annoyed at Obama for even getting into this issue with the Harvard professor. I mean really, so you know all the facts and you were there to see it and that makes it so you can have an informed decision. As the POTUS you should have all the facts before you make any decision, but as is seen with most of his policies and spending he has very little of the facts. It just irritates me to no end that he calls what happened as "officers acting stupidly". GET ALL THE FACTS FIRST OBAMA! And now because he is too prideful he won't back down from his statements. Like I said in another thread. I have voted libertarian since I could vote ... but because of Mr. Obama, I will more than likely vote republican in the next election. The guy is a joke and a fraud.-1,000 points for this!
Well I can give him the benefit of the doubt here.Someone tells him that a black guy he knows from Harvard, a professor, was at his own home, and the police came by because a neighbor reported a burgler, and they ended up arresting the black Harvard professor in his own home for disorderly conduct.I don't see the big stretch to say that the initial reaction for 80% of us is that the cops saw a black guy and went too far, if we were given just the above facts.I mean Obama's not even an American citizen, so I don't know why we are expecting him to know the legal system here.