The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

Obama -500Obama made his apologize to the world tour this last week, made a stop off in Germany to remind them that they were Nazis, and then Normandy and back to Germany where he landed at Ramstein airbase. Now Ramstein is a pretty much for sure stop for any politician since this is where the soldiers who were wounded are housed waiting for their trip back to the states etc. But Barak was too busy to stop by and see any of the troops, the guys wounded on the battlefield. Obama was also too busy to see them when he was here last year as the Dem presidential candidate, so that's twice he's been to Ramstien, and twice he blew off the wounded soldiers.Upon arriving back in the state, Obama was on the golf course, just 90 minutes after touch down.Guess tee times are hard to get when you're black?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

maybe. but then, what if 5 years from now al the predictions will be proven wrong and the bailouts work and the economy is going strong again - strong enough to work off the debts the bailouts caused? then all the economists and really smart people were wrong.all i'm saying is, that we have to be patient. nothing to do with obama, if there were another president, it would be the same.
So we should just let the government do whatever they think and see what happens...because otherwise we are being difficult?I think there might be a flaw in your suggestion.
Obama -500Obama made his apologize to the world tour this last week, made a stop off in Germany to remind them that they were Nazis, and then Normandy and back to Germany where he landed at Ramstein airbase. Now Ramstein is a pretty much for sure stop for any politician since this is where the soldiers who were wounded are housed waiting for their trip back to the states etc. But Barak was too busy to stop by and see any of the troops, the guys wounded on the battlefield. Obama was also too busy to see them when he was here last year as the Dem presidential candidate, so that's twice he's been to Ramstien, and twice he blew off the wounded soldiers.Upon arriving back in the state, Obama was on the golf course, just 90 minutes after touch down.Guess tee times are hard to get when you're black?
Balloon Guy -1000During the campaign, Obama wanted to visit the wounded soldiers but was told by the Pentagon not to do it since it would be a "campaign event". This time, Obama did visit the wounded soldiers. He awarded six purple hearts. http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...-landstuhl.html
maybe. but then, what if 5 years from now al the predictions will be proven wrong and the bailouts work and the economy is going strong again - strong enough to work off the debts the bailouts caused? then all the economists and really smart people were wrong.all i'm saying is, that we have to be patient. nothing to do with obama, if there were another president, it would be the same.
Wait, so if the economy ever recovers at any point in the future, we have to say it was because of Obama's stimulus plan? Even if all the things Obama promised in the meantime turn out to be wrong? LOL.Here's the next prediction: now that Obama has driven unemployment to near double digits, it won't be long before inflation reaches double digits, also. It would require a dramatic reversal of everything he has done up to this point in order to avoid it.When we get the rare double-double, will you still insist that we just be patient? Or will you finally admit that the people who predicted this crisis a decade ago, and predicted what would happen to the economy thanks to the bailouts/stimulus/porkfests, maybe are worth listening to?BTW, Obama seems to be adopting your strategy: "sure we were wrong last time, but this time we mean it". I guess he figures people will forget all the errors when the economy eventually does recover. I think we should call Obama's plan "Broken Clock-O-Nomics" -- eventually it'll be right!
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion U.S. stimulus plan in the next few months, repackaging a pledge the administration made weeks earlier as the economy continues to lose hundreds of thousands of jobs each month. Obama spotlighted billions in federal agency spending planned in coming months in an announcement Monday designed to draw attention to his stimulus program. Much of the spending he announced already was in the works, including hundreds of maintenance projects at military bases, about 1,600 state road and airport improvements, and federal money states budgeted for 135,000 teachers, principals and school support staff.
So we should just let the government do whatever they think and see what happens...because otherwise we are being difficult?I think there might be a flaw in your suggestion.
that's not what i said. more like that:"So we should just let the government do whatever they think and see what happens...because there's nothing we can do until the next election."(unless you want to overtake the governement by force, of course...)That's the way it works in a democracy: you have to live with the consequences after an election. you have to trust* the representatives you vote for. if that doesn't work anymore, what's the point in democracy at all? kinda sad to see a problem with that in the country that invented the whole thing...*or at least trust the law enforcement to make sure foul apples get caught...
Wait, so if the economy ever recovers at any point in the future, we have to say it was because of Obama's stimulus plan? Even if all the things Obama promised in the meantime turn out to be wrong? LOL.
do i really have to specify that? kinda illogic to give obama the benefit of recovering the economy if it happens in the second term of his successor, right? :club:(unless of course, his successor is a total dumbass who doesn't get anything right and going. but i doubt the GOP would be that stupid and let Sarah Palin rund for president...^^)

It really is hilarious to hear people who have never done budgeting, cost analysis, or run a business try to assure people who have about the repercussions of tax and economic policy changes.

It really is hilarious to hear people who have never done budgeting, cost analysis, or run a business try to assure people who have about the repercussions of tax and economic policy changes.
Speaking of that, I'm sure this won't have any economic impact during a recession:
June 7 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama wants Congress to consider taxing the wealthy instead of workers to pay for a health-care overhaul, as House Democrats discuss a plan to require health insurance for most Americans. The Obama administration stepped up efforts to influence health-care legislation today as advisers David Axelrod and Austan Goolsbee appeared on television talk shows to discuss the issue. The president is trying to avoid broad-based levies such as a Senate proposal to tax some employer-provided health benefits Axelrod said. Instead he is urging lawmakers to reconsider limiting all tax deductions for Americans in the highest tax brackets. “He made a very strong case for the proposal that he put on the table, which was to cap deductions for high-income Americans, and he urged them to go back and look at that,” Axelrod said on the CNN’s “State of the Union.” Goolsbee, appearing on “Fox News Sunday,” said Obama is “mindful” about how “ordinary Americans are able to foot the bills” and never proposed taxing employee benefits. House Democrats are weighing a new proposal in response to Obama’s call for legislation to be enacted by August. An outline of the plan obtained by Bloomberg News would require Americans to have insurance with some exceptions.
In a way, it's sort of satisfying to watch himself dig his own grave; unfortunately I have to live with the economic ruin he is creating.
http://moneynews.com/streettalk/einhorn_ob...omo_code=811C-1 The Obama administration is using the same naive playbook the Bush administration used, says Greenlight Capital fund manager David Einhorn. "The basic strategy appears to be to try to bring us back to 2006 by propping up asset prices and re-inflating the popped credit bubble while hoping for an economic recovery," Einhorn told attendees at the recent Ira W. Sohn Investment Research Conference. "President Obama and the policymakers are not stepping up to the plate, but are instead trying to stretch things out in the hope that time will solve the problems." Einhorn says the White House has adopted an attitude that "what's good for the banks is good for the economy," setting in motion a plan by which big banks are buying time rather than restructuring their bad loans. As a result, companies and consumers with too much debt refrain from hiring, spending and investing. "Forbearance has not stopped people from losing their jobs or prevented asset prices from falling; it is delaying the recovery," Einhorn notes. The most significant and measurable failure of the economic stimulus package is its inability to quickly create jobs, says 24/7 Wall Street's Douglas McIntyre. Unemployment is almost certainly getting worse at a faster rate than the Obama administration expected when it proposed the bill five months ago, McIntyre points out. "Job losses through the first five months of the year still average more than 600,000 per month," McIntyre says. "It is almost certain that another three million people will be out of work in the last seven months of the year."
Balloon Guy -1000During the campaign, Obama wanted to visit the wounded soldiers but was told by the Pentagon not to do it since it would be a "campaign event". This time, Obama did visit the wounded soldiers. He awarded six purple hearts. http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...-landstuhl.html
I was wrong.Heard about this and posted this before I checked it.Thank you for correcting me Vb.I am glad to see Obama did check in with the troops.

-1http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=was...id=aaaBdVMkjPnU"President Barack Obama and his team have been having so much fun wielding dictatorial power while rescuing “failed” firms, that they have developed a scheme to gain the same power over every business. The plan is to enact policies that are so anticompetitive that every firm needs a bailout. "hahahahah

I'm 100% against bailing out failed firms which both Presidents Bush and Obama have done. So no I don't particularly like what President Obama has done in that regard. And I hate the fact of the debt skyrocketing because we've done that. I do believe we need to be doing something about the failing infrastructure in this country which has been neglected for way too long. Need to cut the budget? Delay the maintenance on bridges and roads. Until the bridges fall down that is. Now I do like what Secretary Gates has been doing at the Defense dept. It's about time we started cutting out some of the toys that will likely never be used except in training exercises and get more concerned with the soldiers on the ground and what they need. So I like what he's doing there. And I like the ramping down of the rhetoric in regard to some of the rogue countries of the world. Seems there are some who are listening and some who aren't but that's not really President Obama's fault. It's not his fault either that North Korea is being run by a madman. Its' my belief though that he's a crafty madman and he will get some concessions from the west in exchange for ramping down his programs and saber rattling. So as far as President Obama's foreign policies so far, I'm not unhappy.As far as his domestic policies, I'm pretty unhappy with the fact that he's kept the power given the President in the Bush administrations expansion of executive power. I'm unhappy with the invasion of privacy of the American people that President Obama has continued. This was one of the reasons I voted Democrat over Republican and it's not made any difference. And I hate the idea of one party dominating the government be it Republican or Democrat which is one of the reasons that I voted Republican in the senate race in our state and probably will do so again in 2012. It's also the reason that I've been so unhappy with the lack of quality of Republican spokespeople. Republicans don't have a chance in hell if they don't get someone that can intelligently and charismatically express the reason why people should vote Republican. This means having a plan of action, not just that the Democrats are bad. I've not seen that so far. I've not seen a Gingrich Contract with America type plan yet from the Republicans. And I am concerned that we'll see Pelosi, Reid and Co push things their way without any effective opposition. Anyway, I've gone way off course here, but this is a part of my explaination of why I keep sticking the Republicans and especially LMD on this forum and why I like H's discourses. I keep hoping that there will be a breakout Republican that will come up with a plan of action that makes sense and can be sold to the American people. And yes, sorry to say folks, it's a media world and they will have to be able to sell it. Sadly if Palin and Rush is all you've got come 2012 then you'll be on the losing side again.

I'm 100% against bailing out failed firms which both Presidents Bush and Obama have done. So no I don't particularly like what President Obama has done in that regard. And I hate the fact of the debt skyrocketing because we've done that. I do believe we need to be doing something about the failing infrastructure in this country which has been neglected for way too long. Need to cut the budget? Delay the maintenance on bridges and roads. Until the bridges fall down that is. Now I do like what Secretary Gates has been doing at the Defense dept. It's about time we started cutting out some of the toys that will likely never be used except in training exercises and get more concerned with the soldiers on the ground and what they need. So I like what he's doing there. And I like the ramping down of the rhetoric in regard to some of the rogue countries of the world. Seems there are some who are listening and some who aren't but that's not really President Obama's fault. It's not his fault either that North Korea is being run by a madman. Its' my belief though that he's a crafty madman and he will get some concessions from the west in exchange for ramping down his programs and saber rattling. So as far as President Obama's foreign policies so far, I'm not unhappy.As far as his domestic policies, I'm pretty unhappy with the fact that he's kept the power given the President in the Bush administrations expansion of executive power. I'm unhappy with the invasion of privacy of the American people that President Obama has continued. This was one of the reasons I voted Democrat over Republican and it's not made any difference. And I hate the idea of one party dominating the government be it Republican or Democrat which is one of the reasons that I voted Republican in the senate race in our state and probably will do so again in 2012. It's also the reason that I've been so unhappy with the lack of quality of Republican spokespeople. Republicans don't have a chance in hell if they don't get someone that can intelligently and charismatically express the reason why people should vote Republican. This means having a plan of action, not just that the Democrats are bad. I've not seen that so far. I've not seen a Gingrich Contract with America type plan yet from the Republicans. And I am concerned that we'll see Pelosi, Reid and Co push things their way without any effective opposition. Anyway, I've gone way off course here, but this is a part of my explaination of why I keep sticking the Republicans and especially LMD on this forum and why I like H's discourses. I keep hoping that there will be a breakout Republican that will come up with a plan of action that makes sense and can be sold to the American people. And yes, sorry to say folks, it's a media world and they will have to be able to sell it. Sadly if Palin and Rush is all you've got come 2012 then you'll be on the losing side again.
The day you manage to stick it to me in any palpable way is the day I ****ing kill myself.
If this happens as Obama wants, he will make a major move into first place as the worst president ever. It seems unlikely anyone would catch him at that point.
It doesn't matter. America made it's choice, and America is mostly a bunch of people who have no clue. They asked for it, they got it. On a positive note, this whole ordeal has made it pretty easy to weed out people to dumb to talk to, and life is much easier now. Of course, 40% of the people I work with are dead to me now, but hey, I am more productive so there is that.
It doesn't matter. America made it's choice, and America is mostly a bunch of people who have no clue. They asked for it, they got it. On a positive note, this whole ordeal has made it pretty easy to weed out people to dumb to talk to, and life is much easier now. Of course, 40% of the people I work with are dead to me now, but hey, I am more productive so there is that.
You do know that no one wants a productive worker right?

Obama +1 for giving American rights to everyone regardless of their actions.

Miranda Rights for TerroristsWhen 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammad was captured on March 1, 2003, he was not cooperative. “I’ll talk to you guys after I get to New York and see my lawyer,” he said, according to former CIA Director George Tenet.Of course, KSM did not get a lawyer until months later, after his interrogation was completed, and Tenet says that the information the CIA obtained from him disrupted plots and saved lives. “I believe none of these successes would have happened if we had had to treat KSM like a white-collar criminal – read him his Miranda rights and get him a lawyer who surely would have insisted that his client simply shut up,” Tenet wrote in his memoirs. If Tenet is right, it’s a good thing KSM was captured before Barack Obama became president. For, the Obama Justice Department has quietly ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high value detainees captured and held at U.S. detention facilities in Afghanistan, according a senior Republican on the House Intelligence Committee. “The administration has decided to change the focus to law enforcement. Here’s the problem. You have foreign fighters who are targeting US troops today – foreign fighters who go to another country to kill Americans. We capture them…and they’re reading them their rights – Mirandizing these foreign fighters,” says Representative Mike Rogers, who recently met with military, intelligence and law enforcement officials on a fact-finding trip to Afghanistan.
The day you manage to stick it to me in any palpable way is the day I ****ing kill myself.
Lol I must get under your skin some because most of the time you seem pretty willing to get nasty to me. I always know that I've gotten to anybody at the table if they start in calling me names and I figure it's the same here.
Lol I must get under your skin some because most of the time you seem pretty willing to get nasty to me. I always know that I've gotten to anybody at the table if they start in calling me names and I figure it's the same here.
Hmm. I think it's because he doesn't really believe anyone could be a real person and say some of the stuff that you do. Just a guess.
Hmm. I think it's because he doesn't really believe anyone could be a real person and say some of the stuff that you do. Just a guess.
And he'd be right part of the time. Part of the time I am yanking his and your chain.
I'm 100% against bailing out failed firms which both Presidents Bush and Obama have done.
huh?TARP was not a bailout.
huh? of course it was.
That's incorrect. It was a loan that was going to make the government money.