The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

I voted for change and I am really disappointed that we ended up with more of the same. He might as well be George Bush, he's really not doing any different outside of saying how much Bush sucked, which just makes him look worse IMO. Do something to keep this country from having to where money is worthless. That's pretty much where it's headed to now.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

Because 3% is exactly the correct amount? Or is 2.5%? Or is 1%? 20%?Why is this good? Because the government has such a long track record of efficient spending?There doesn't seem to be a lot to be said for this except that spending on science is better than spending on war, but that's an extremely weak argument.
It's not the "correct" amount, it just happens to be the most we've ever spent, and therefore has symbolic significance. When it comes to science, yes, the united states has an excellent record of turning federal science funding into scientific results, but NIH and NSF have been severely underfunded for years and the US has lost its place as the scientific frontrunner as a result. (You and I have gone through the whole argument about efficiency before in this thread, so I don't necessarily want to start at square one again with that, but suffice it to say we have different perspectives on it). To me its also just a statement about what the society values. What we were able to accomplish in a short time in the 60s did have a lot to do with the president setting our intention to do so. To have the president put his intention behind science and technology is certainly a Good Thing, especially when it represents a 180º turn from the previous administration. Spending on science is better than spending on war, and represents a shift in values from destruction to creation.
California Supreme Court upholds gay marriage banthis is really really really good news. In a 6-1 vote the California Supreme Court actually followed the constitution. Whoever the 1 against voter was, you CA guys should probably vote them out of office since they have no business being there.ps - This decision being good has nothing to do with gay marriagepps - I have never been as close to homosexually loving a gay man, as I am with Andrew Sullivan.

Here's the major things I don't like Obama. He promised change in his campaign. Now I know that's just promises and politicians regularly break them. But I thought Bush's plans about running up the dept were bad. Obama is making Bush look like he wasn't spending anything. This government spending is just going to lead to an economy that will eventually destroy the country and the government. I don't see the US government ever recovering if this continues. That's the biggest issue. But also it's pretty obvious he hates America. He spends too much time kissing the worlds ass, that's all well and good but he tries to rip America every chance he does this. I'm sorry I can't take his un-American stance anymore. Just listen to him some time and you can hear these little pot shots at how evil we are as a country. I don't understand how a national leader can do that to their own country. He came in with an optiimistic view and I was swept by it. But as a president he is very pessimistic and it really depressing.

he hates what the GOP has done to America. there's a difference, friend.
I don't buy this. 90% of the democrats voted for the war and they have, in just 100 days, spent more than Bush did in 8 years.That being said, I don't think Obama hates America and I think it's stupid to say he does.
I don't buy this. 90% of the democrats voted for the war and they have, in just 100 days, spent more than Bush did in 8 years.That being said, I don't think Obama hates America and I think it's stupid to say he does.
One could argue that he is merely saying he doesn't like what the GOP did, but that's a debate I don't care to get into. I just wanted to point out how much of a moron Zepp is.

Do you guys actually listen to him? He never says he hates the GOP he pretty rips America and consistently. Obama is basically doing what the GOP did for 8 years and 10 times worse. I don't see how he can like the GOP view when they were doing the same thing he is doing.

One could argue that he is merely saying he doesn't like what the GOP did, but that's a debate I don't care to get into. I just wanted to point out how much of a moron Zepp is.
As usual, we don't disagree.
Do you guys actually listen to him? He never says he hates the GOP he pretty rips America and consistently. Obama is basically doing what the GOP did for 8 years and 10 times worse. I don't see how he can like the GOP view when they were doing the same thing he is doing.
his theme during the election was "the party in power is awful and hurting this country," not "this country is awful." the lapel pin stories, the email forwards with pictures of him not saluting the flag, etc. etc. were absolutely hilarious. it's a total joke. we are doomed the moment we allow ourselves to believe that opposing those in power is unpatriotic.I don't have the time or inclination to debate his actions. I hate his spending, too.
He only rips what happened the last 8 years.....not our entire history. He is trying to get our allies behind us again. It's not sucking up....it's smart policy.
I don't buy this. 90% of the democrats voted for the war and they have, in just 100 days, spent more than Bush did in 8 years.
Again, for the 1000th time, they voted for the war because they were told we had intelligence that Saddam had WMD's and had ties to Al Qaeda. Both of those were FALSE. If they had known that intelligence was bullcrap, there would have been 10% of Dems voting for the war not 90%. That vote is basically illegitimate because it was based on false pretenses.

It's kind of funny that most people are seeing through the GOP tactics now. Attack a legitimate issue and we'll debate you about it,perhaps even agree with you. Attack a stupid issue and we'll call you stupid. Rising American debt - legitimate issue, I hate it also. Trying to paint Mr. Obama as anti-American - stupid issue that should have been dead and buried a long time ago.

his theme during the election was "the party in power is awful and hurting this country," not "this country is awful." the lapel pin stories, the email forwards with pictures of him not saluting the flag, etc. etc. were absolutely hilarious. it's a total joke. we are doomed the moment we allow ourselves to believe that opposing those in power is unpatriotic.I don't have the time or inclination to debate his actions. I hate his spending, too.
No it wasn't. In fact the party that was in power at the time was his, so if that's his theme he is talking about his own party. The problem with Bush is the same thing tat is the problem with Obama, they spend money just to spend money, that's what Bush was doing for 8 years and now Obama is doing it 10 fold. Obama's message was one of optimism that our country is good and that we have a chance with him to make the country better. He didn't say I'm doing what Bush is doing except 10 times the money. That's not what his message was.
Trying to paint Mr. Obama as anti-American - stupid issue that should have been dead and buried a long time ago.
Actually listen to what he says sometimes. Especially his speaches when he's out of the country. He really rips on America when he's elsewhere. He comes damn close to saying Americans are evil.
It's kind of funny that most people are seeing through the GOP tactics now. Attack a legitimate issue and we'll debate you about it,perhaps even agree with you. Attack a stupid issue and we'll call you stupid. Rising American debt - legitimate issue, I hate it also. Trying to paint Mr. Obama as anti-American - stupid issue that should have been dead and buried a long time ago.
I'm not a republican either, they are the ones that caused this debt issue. The democrats are making it even worse. The republicans basically started the debt thing. So they are just as responsible. The democrats are not only not really doing anything to take the troops out of Iraq or Gitmo even though they say they are in the press, they haven't been taking anyone out of those 2 places, they are also making the debt even worse. To me the republicans were the lesser of two evils,barely. But we need someone or some force that just gets rid of these problems all together by doing the exact opposite in both sides. We need to start mobilizing our troops to get ready for the Korean problem because that's the real problem. We did our job in the middle east effectively destroying Al Queda from having an attack any time soon. But Korea could have nuclear attack soon and they have a leader that's completely insane. That situation is really scary right now.
I'm not a republican either, they are the ones that caused this debt issue. The democrats are making it even worse. The republicans basically started the debt thing. So they are just as responsible. The democrats are not only not really doing anything to take the troops out of Iraq or Gitmo even though they say they are in the press, they haven't been taking anyone out of those 2 places, they are also making the debt even worse. To me the republicans were the lesser of two evils,barely. But we need someone or some force that just gets rid of these problems all together by doing the exact opposite in both sides. We need to start mobilizing our troops to get ready for the Korean problem because that's the real problem. We did our job in the middle east effectively destroying Al Queda from having an attack any time soon. But Korea could have nuclear attack soon and they have a leader that's completely insane. That situation is really scary right now.
You are really starting to annoy people with your uniformed rants. If you want to get technical, the "debt thing" was started by democrats in the mid 90's. Specifically Barny Frank and Maxine Walters. But you go ahead and keep spouting your non sense. It over shadows the parts of what you say that have some validity.
You are really starting to annoy people with your uniformed rants. If you want to get technical, the "debt thing" was started by democrats in the mid 90's. Specifically Barny Frank and Maxine Walters. But you go ahead and keep spouting your non sense. It over shadows the parts of what you say that have some validity.
You are right, that is very true, but the dems didn't have control of the house and senate till late in the Bush era which is when this debt thing slowly went out. When Obama took over it went into hyperspeed.
No it wasn't. In fact the party that was in power at the time was his, so if that's his theme he is talking about his own party. The problem with Bush is the same thing tat is the problem with Obama, they spend money just to spend money, that's what Bush was doing for 8 years and now Obama is doing it 10 fold. Obama's message was one of optimism that our country is good and that we have a chance with him to make the country better. He didn't say I'm doing what Bush is doing except 10 times the money. That's not what his message was. Actually listen to what he says sometimes. Especially his speaches when he's out of the country. He really rips on America when he's elsewhere. He comes damn close to saying Americans are evil.
People hear what they want to hear. I have listened to his speeches. The only thing I've noticed is that he lacks the arrogance that colored all of the Bush administration and still does. The idea that America is always right and everyone else is always wrong. If you can't handle that not being the case then the problem is yours not his. Basically all I've seen President Obama do is admit that America isn't now and hasn't been perfect. Something the rightwingloonies have a great deal of trouble doing.

I don't know about that. He sounds as arrogant as any politician. He definitely doesn't realize how serious the spending issue is because that's the issue that is really going to be our downfall as a country. No it's more than just trying to be the anti Bush. In fact I think he is another Bush. Your posts show your hatred for Bush. And he deserved it. But look at what Obama is doing and it's essentially the exact same things Bush was doing at the end except he's been very pessimistic about Americans and talks about how bad it is here.

Again, for the 1000th time, they voted for the war because they were told we had intelligence that Saddam had WMD's and had ties to Al Qaeda. Both of those were FALSE. If they had known that intelligence was bullcrap, there would have been 10% of Dems voting for the war not 90%. That vote is basically illegitimate because it was based on false pretenses.
For the 1000th time, don't be stupid. EVERYONE was voting for the war based on the same intelligence. You're entire 'point' is thereby stricken from the record.
You are right, that is very true, but the dems didn't have control of the house and senate till late in the Bush era which is when this debt thing slowly went out. When Obama took over it went into hyperspeed.
514px-USDebt.pngI'm lazy, this is from wikipedia. It seems to me that Bush didn't do anything to help our debt situation. "slowly went out" is a bad way to describe it unless you're talking percentage of GDP, which... doesn't really relate much to the discussion.I remember seeing the talking heads on fox putting up deceptive charts showing "low" bush spending levels and the extremely huge obama budget, complete with a trend line based on bush's final year and obama's initial. I do not see obama getting approval for spending at these levels in any of his subsequent years in office, but I understand that you can't let that get in the way of a big scary graph.zepp, do have an obama anti-american quote to share with us? the closest thing I heard to anti-american sentiment was sarah palin's "real america" comments...
For the 1000th time, don't be stupid. EVERYONE was voting for the war based on the same intelligence. You're entire 'point' is thereby stricken from the record.
exactly....this makes my point stronger. That vote is irrelevant to how anyone actually felt about going to war because they were voting for invalid reasons. The first Iraq vote should not be held against anyone but the intelligence agencies that blew it and the administration that paraded it around so strongly with little to no corroboration.
exactly....this makes my point stronger. That vote is irrelevant to how anyone actually felt about going to war because they were voting for invalid reasons. The first Iraq vote should not be held against anyone but the intelligence agencies that blew it and the administration that paraded it around so strongly with little to no corroboration.
This isn't true.1) Someone stated that Obama was upset at the Bush/GOP presidency. What are the main reasons people say that Bush was terrible?... you have 5 seconds.... The answer will almost 100% of the time be the war and the deficit. When you see a car with an Obama bumper sticker and it has at least one other sticker, what issues will be involved? The war and that stupid pie chart with Bush's budget are on almost every single one. (The only other major issue on Obama bumpers is abortion and Bush did nothing for or against that)2) I stated that nothing that the dems are currently upset about matter and they have no basis at all for being upset at Bush or his presidency. Why? 1) Because 90% of the dems voted for the war, and so the war is an absolutely moot point... which you have already agreed with. 2) Obama has already spent more than Bush did in 8 years in office.3) As you can see clearly see, the 'intelligence' behind the war vote simply doesn't matter, so your point is irrelevant... by your own admission. 4) I accept your apology.5) Kisses
1) Someone stated that Obama was upset at the Bush/GOP presidency. What are the main reasons people say that Bush was terrible?... you have 5 seconds.... The answer will almost 100% of the time be the war and the deficit. When you see a car with an Obama bumper sticker and it has at least one other sticker, what issues will be involved? The war and that stupid pie chart with Bush's budget are on almost every single one. (The only other major issue on Obama bumpers is abortion and Bush did nothing for or against that)
it's probably not a great idea to judge his beliefs based on campaign bumper stickers. I mean, there are slam dunk issues re: bush that just do not condense neatly into slogans. vast expansion of executive power, tempting fate by giving future presidents the tools to become a dictator? yeah, it just isn't bumper sticker material.it's been a long time since I listened to anything obama had to say. I saw a clip of him on leno months ago talking about AIG bonuses, trashing kids for going into finance instead of medicine or engineering. :club:
it's probably not a great idea to judge his beliefs based on campaign bumper stickers. I mean, there are slam dunk issues re: bush that just do not condense neatly into slogans. vast expansion of executive power, tempting fate by giving future presidents the tools to become a dictator? yeah, it just isn't bumper sticker material.it's been a long time since I listened to anything obama had to say. I saw a clip of him on leno months ago talking about AIG bonuses, trashing kids for going into finance instead of medicine or engineering. :club:
You're misunderstanding me. I'm not basing anything on anything. I'm simply commenting on what Obama said on the campaign trail. Obviously we all know now that pretty much everything he said was bs and dem talking points... and that's the point. I'm saying that if you ask a dem on the street why Bush was bad, those are the answers you will get. Also if you want to talk about expansion of the executive branch, you may want to take a gander at Bill Clinton and his 364 executive orders.... 30% more than W. Or you could look at the 456 people he granted pardons and clemency to, vs. Bush at 189 pardons, with every single person having served their entire sentence.