The Official Obama Scorecard Thread

If it was up to me, the drinking age would be 16, the gambling age would be 18, and women would realize at the age of 15 that the nice guy who listens is the one who is going to be best for them to date.We coddle kids like crazy in this country (grade inflation, all the focus on feelings and self-esteem) and then we let them loose in college with plastic burning a hole in their wallets?It's like how you rate a referee in sports......it is all about consistency. Either make kids actually learn life lessons and responsibility early and shape the laws that way......or be consistent and protect them from pushy credit lenders when they have just left the nest.
Yea, but when you qualify the 'problem' by saying 'when these kids graduate from college they are preyed upon' then I have point out the graduating from college part.If you can't figure out that you have to pay back what you borrow after 4 years of higher education...then you are going to have a hard time in life, and it sounds like you want to coddle them more than anyone.If you make your parents pay $50K+ so you can go to college, and you come out unable to understand how a credit card works or basic interest rates....then you should by law pay back your parents back.With interest
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100,000,000.00 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000.00 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget.   I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to

Yea, but when you qualify the 'problem' by saying 'when these kids graduate from college they are preyed upon' then I have point out the graduating from college part.If you can't figure out that you have to pay back what you borrow after 4 years of higher education...then you are going to have a hard time in life, and it sounds like you want to coddle them more than anyone.If you make your parents pay $50K+ so you can go to college, and you come out unable to understand how a credit card works or basic interest rates....then you should by law pay back your parents back.With interest
I must have had a typo. I am talking about 18 year olds (high-school grads) getting preyed upon.If you cant figure this stuff out by the end of college, I have no sympathy for you.
I must have had a typo. I am talking about 18 year olds (high-school grads) getting preyed upon.If you cant figure this stuff out by the end of college, I have no sympathy for you.
well that's slightly different.But if you want to be trusted with a driver's license and the right top drink in many states and military bases...I think you should also be capable of handling $300 credit limits
well that's slightly different.But if you want to be trusted with a driver's license and the right top drink in many states and military bases...I think you should also be capable of handling $300 credit limits
man you are old. drinking age is 21 in all 50 states (which is a terrible idea).
man you are old. drinking age is 21 in all 50 states (which is a terrible idea).
GOODpunk kids don't know what it means to squeeze the potatoe skins themselves before their father whipped them with a willow stick before breakfast EVERYDAY
the credit card recruiters hit them the moment they step on campus (usually they have tents up everywhere during freshman move in) when they are still the most stupid. (have you seen how freshman girls just give it up.....maybe things were different during WWII when you were in college bazing.)of course, I hate bailing out stupid people even stupid kids but its a pretty scummy practice by the CC companies.you wouldn't just give someone a bomb with a lit fuse to teach them about explosives would you? because thats what a credit card is for the average 18 year old----a time bomb waiting to go off----and the CC companies count on mummy and father swooping in to bail the moron out.If you are not going to let a kid drink until he/she is 21 (a stupid law btw), then shouldnt we be protecting them from the usurious money-lenders? A little consistency would be nice.
I know this is hard to comprehend for most people - if you borrow money, you have to pay it back, if you don't, you will be charged interest
I know this is hard to comprehend for most people - if you borrow money, you have to pay it back, if you don't, you will be charged interest
The Juice is running kids.I can see this as the slogan whenever a college kid is signing up for a credit card.
What?
Balloon_man is probably of Irish descent. Probably a reference to potcheen(Irish moonshine spirit made from potatoes).Strong shit!!!

I've been (mis)fortunate enough to sample that stuff from some good Irish guys in London about 15 years ago. Can still taste the stuff now!!!

Balloon_man is probably of Irish descent. Probably a reference to potcheen(Irish moonshine spirit made from potatoes).Strong shit!!!
Even if it's not potcheen, there's some good old-fashioned food made from potato skins, hence suggesting that modern kids are spoilt.

Vote Democrat, because they stick up for the little guy. Oh wait, what?(PS, could Obama go three days without making this country worse? Please?)----------------------------http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/23/o...e_n_190852.htmlThe Obama administration is asking the Supreme Court to overrule long-standing law that stops police from initiating questions unless a defendant's lawyer is present, another stark example of the White House seeking to limit rather than expand rights.The administration's action _ and several others _ have disappointed civil rights and civil liberties groups that expected President Barack Obama to reverse the policies of his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush, after the Democrat's call for change during the 2008 campaign.Since taking office, Obama has drawn criticism for backing the continued imprisonment of enemy combatants in Afghanistan without trial, invoking the "state secrets" privilege to avoid releasing information in lawsuits and limiting the rights of prisoners to test genetic evidence used to convict them.The case at issue is Michigan v. Jackson, in which the Supreme Court said in 1986 that police may not initiate questioning of a defendant who has a lawyer or has asked for one, unless the attorney is present. The decision applies even to defendants who agree to talk to the authorities without their lawyers.Anything police learn through such questioning cannot be used against the defendant at trial. The opinion was written by Justice John Paul Stevens, the only current justice who was on the court at the time.The justices could decide as early as Friday whether they want to hear arguments on the issue as they wrestle with an ongoing case from Louisiana that involves police questioning of an indigent defendant that led to a murder confession and a death sentence.The Justice Department, in a brief signed by Solicitor General Elena Kagan, said the 1986 decision "serves no real purpose" and offers only "meager benefits." The government said defendants who don't wish to talk to police don't have to and that officers must respect that decision. But it said there is no reason a defendant who wants to should not be able to respond to officers' questions.At the same time, the administration acknowledges that the decision "only occasionally prevents federal prosecutors from obtaining appropriate convictions."

http://rabble.ca/news/2009/04/declaration-...ens-life-planetQUICK! Lets lift the embargos and make friends with them and then change all our policies! Since their countries are the model we should be going after...
Hilarious, but I don't know that it's a negative for Obama. Unless you are counting the fact that Obama picked a known serial idiot as his VP, then yeah, a negative for Obama. But this is just another typical day with a microphone for Biden.

Democrats care about the poor and minorities?Or was it the teacher' unions that contribute millions in campaign funds?I keep forgetting:

I saw this bumper sticker:BS21992-2T.jpgnext to this bumper sticker:obama_biden_08_bumper_sticker-p128699119369928426trl0_400.jpgthis morning while driving, and all I could do is shake my head, because unfortunately this is how a lot more people think than they used to.

I saw this bumper sticker:
I hate that people don't take election bumper stickers off after the fact. there are still bush/cheney ones around here and no shortage of mccain/palin either.
Democrats care about the poor and minorities?Or was it the teacher' unions that contribute millions in campaign funds?I keep forgetting:
I saw this bumper sticker:BS21992-2T.jpgI could do is shake my head, because unfortunately this is how a lot more people think than they used to.
Failed schools = failed logic = don't understand economics
Failed schools = failed logic = don't understand economics
Is it "failed schools"?I think the Liberal educators (higher education included) are teaching their flawed points of view quite effectively.
Is it "failed schools"?I think the Liberal educators (higher education included) are teaching their flawed points of view quite effectively.
In college economics, one of our assignments was to run a program based on Keynesian economics. It was designed to show how much stimulus came from government spending. There were no discussions of where the money comes from and what effect that has. There was no discussion of opportunity costs or inefficiency.So the program was written in Basic, which back in those days, if you could run it you could see the source code. So rather than do the stupid assignment, I looked through the code to see how the program worked. I found out that it initially chose one of three random states and proceeded from there using simple arithmetic, so of course I was able to get a perfect score on the assignment.So the sum total of what I learned from economics in college: computer literacy >> economics teachers.
Yeah, actually it is, as long as you include all forms of money and all forms of goods. That is the exact definition of inflation, the necessary and sufficient condition.The trick comes in measuring money supply, and measuring goods, and figuring out the difference between actual inflation and prices increases in things that happen to be heavily weighted in the CPI.
No, no it isn't.From wikipedia - Economists generally agree that high rates of inflation and hyperinflation are caused by an excessive growth of the money supply.[5] Views on which factors determine low to moderate rates of inflation are more varied. Low or moderate inflation may be attributed to fluctuations in real demand for goods and services, or changes in available supplies such as during scarcities, as well as to growth in the money supply.You said it yourself, the money supply has increased 25% in America in the last year, while inflation is near 0%. The two facts are linked, but by no means is the measure of inflation solely determined by the growth in money supply.
meltzer.png
meltzer.png
Inflation is not immediate, it takes a while to work it's way into the system. That spike in the graph will, 100% of the time, lead to inflation. It usually takes 18 months to show up, but can be as quick as 12 months or could take over two years. The inflation spike generally will not be as dramatic as the money supply spike, because the economy is big and flexible and self-correcting, so if we are lucky, that spike will be absorbed slowly over the next two years and economic growth will catch up so that inflation is only mild.If we are not so lucky, the inflation spike will look like that on the way up, and take a long time to come down.Either way, that money spike means that much less purchasing power for your green pieces of paper over the next couple of years. That bubble has to be paid for, one way or another. You cannot get a free lunch by cranking up the printing presses.