Stakes....for The Greatest Moment In American History

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol he seemed to stumble a bit.
Sick oath to **** up
He stumbled in the beginning, looks like he was expecting Roberts to stop earlier than he did. But for the record, the 2nd stumble wasn't his fault. John Roberts screwed up the words.
Yeah for sure he has definitely had better speeches.
It was exactly the speech he needed to give. Today wasn't about whipping people into a voting frenzy, it was about a reality check: establishing the agenda of collective sacrifice, a culture of service, and rediscovery of trust in government. Measured against his own substantial record of speeches, maybe it's not in first place, but measured against any of the speeches given by Presidents over the past 16 years, it's way up there.

Nice gesture and words Gil.It is going to take all of us.......Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Libertarians..........to pull together to get through the tough times coming our way. But I think we can :club:

This brings me immense joy, everybody should take a moment and a deep breath and then laugh their asses off at Balloon Guy, Copernicus, Lois Must Die ,Nutzbuster and the rest of the right wing nutjobs in the politics forum.Edit: no stake for me thanks
Imagine this if you will...A great baseball team ever is assembled...with the most popular players in history all brought together as one team. The people vote them all in and they are felt and revered as the greatest team ever!!!! NO SHIT!!!!problem is...the season has not even started yet, but it does not matter.The fans insist that this new and wonderful team has all but already won the World Series! "Lets just award the trophy and give them a parade before the season even starts!!!"Poor Obama...imagine being the guy that now has to try to live up to all this hype?
Imagine this if you will...A great baseball team ever is assembled...with the most popular players in history all brought together as one team. The people vote them all in and they are felt and revered as the greatest team ever!!!! NO SHIT!!!!problem is...the season has not even started yet, but it does not matter.The fans insist that this new and wonderful team has all but already won the World Series! "Lets just award the trophy and give them a parade before the season even starts!!!"Poor Obama...imagine being the guy that now has to try to live up to all this hype?
Kinda like the Boston Celtics last year?He obv has a BIG reputation to fulfil now that he is in office...but sometimes the favorites still end up winning it all.
are you saying you wouldn't put your money on said baseball team?
Except most people aren't awarding him a trophy for anything more than "get to work fixing this mess." He's practiced all his life for this moment. He's surrounded himself with great teammates and coaches and trainers - and he knows the value of the crowd in shifting the momentum. Most of his fans just want to see what kind of highlight reel his team can create; we don't expect an undefeated season.
forgot to mention earlier but all you guys keep whatever you winoh, and Obama now officially president of the united states!
ty sir, that's very kind. when i win i will do some staking to give backgetting in now 135318128gl to all your horsies!!
It was exactly the speech he needed to give. Today wasn't about whipping people into a voting frenzy, it was about a reality check: establishing the agenda of collective sacrifice, a culture of service, and rediscovery of trust in government. Measured against his own substantial record of speeches, maybe it's not in first place, but measured against any of the speeches given by Presidents over the past 16 years, it's way up there.
Top 5 that's for sure
This brings me immense joy, everybody should take a moment and a deep breath and then laugh their asses off at Balloon Guy, Copernicus, Lois Must Die ,Nutzbuster and the rest of the right wing nutjobs in the politics forum.Edit: no stake for me thanks
You do know that I am still rich?And any tax increases won't tax the money I already have?So who's laughing now? :club:

I find this a very proud day in my life watching this event even though I am not American. I have faith, hope and dreams that your new President will bring a positive change and mend fences that have been broken. He brings with him wisdom in someone that is young with fresh new ideas. He has picked a team that is built based on strenght and guidance. He conducts himself with grace, honour and holds his nation in his heart. I do wish your country well and may god guide your new President towards peace and understanding as well to keep him safe. All the Best to the next 8 years

as much as i would hope (at the time being) barack will be re-elected I think it is going to be tougher than it usually is for presidents b/c of Americas current situation and his skin color, so i think assuming he will be in for 2 terms is a lil much! altho i hope ur right!!

As I have said many times, I am very cautiously hopeful.I have no choice, and I don't hate Obama at all.It's the mindless gushing from the media, and so many others who feel all the problems are already solved before anything has even happened yet, that I find disturbing.The honeymoon is over, time to put up or shut up.Lets see how he does, and God bless him/us.

As I have said many times, I am very cautiously hopeful.I have no choice, and I don't hate Obama at all.It's the mindless gushing from the media, and so many others who feel all the problems are already solved before anything has even happened yet, that I find disturbing.The honeymoon is over, time to put up or shut up.Lets see how he does, and God bless him/us.
Well, he can't really be any worse than Bush.
Well, he can't really be any worse than Bush.
If he doesnt have the balls to stand up to Pelosi, he very well could be.Even as a Republican, I hope he is the best President we have ever had. We are certainly going to need it.