******official Super Bowl Xliii Thread******

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a good game, but the Steelers will hoist their sixth Lombardi trophy in the end.
since 1976, 8 teams(Pit, Oak,Dal, SF, Wash, NYG, Den, NE) have combined to win 26 of the 33 superbowls played. Pit wins easily. the nfl is rigged

ESPN's sportsnation poll looks interesting right nowit's 48% cards 52% steelers but the map is the part to look atWestern half of the US is blue with Arizona being dark blue. eastern half of the US is red with Pennsylvania being dark red. the exceptions are kentucky is split (grey) and new england area has a mix of red, blue, and grey

since 1976, 8 teams(Pit, Oak,Dal, SF, Wash, NYG, Den, NE) have combined to win 26 of the 33 superbowls played. Pit wins easily. the nfl is rigged
I love being a 49ers fan. 5/5 in super bowls. :club:
I love being a 49ers fan. 5/5 in super bowls. :club:
Face it kids. My 49ers suck. It's been a long time since we've made the playoffs, and it will continue that way. I've been a die hard fan since I was a kid and watching them win all those superbowls, I finally realized that I was a spoiled kid my whole life. Then, when Steve Young went down, it was over. That was back in 1999? How did you Bangle fans survive?
Fail.

Iam torn as to who to cheer for, I really like Warner, Fitz and want to see James get his own ring. (When Indy won the SB without James the owner gave James a SB ring saying he helped build the foundation of the team.) I hate Anquan Boldin for the shit that he is pulling with the contract extension at this time of the year plus fighting with the offensive co-ordinator at the end of the Eagles game. THe other guy I would hate to get a ring is Leinart this freaking kid getting a ring would piss me off because he will never win one on his own.The Pitt side the entire defense is sick and if you like smash mouth football than you have to like this D. Especially Polamalu, Farrior, Harrison, and the rest. Offensively I always liked Heinze Ward even when I bet against him the guy takes a hit gets up and smiles. Defenses try drilling him every game yet he gets up and smiles. Big Ben is also a great story as he's proving the rookie year was no fluke plus with the concussions he's had let him win now because I don't think his career will be as long as it should be.Than the coaching factor I want to see Tomlin win it so everyone can get off Cowhers **** the guy had one SB win in 15 years, so Tomlin doing it this soon would be great. Also Tomlin would be the youngest ever to win.I guess both teams deserve it I just hope they earn it and the refs don't decide the winner. Fix is in

Fail.
hmm... how is that fail? I wrote that two and a half years ago when Nolan was at the height of his crappy coaching. We are headed in the right direction. :club:
Than the coaching factor I want to see Tomlin win it so everyone can get off Cowhers **** the guy had one SB win in 15 years, so Tomlin doing it this soon would be great. Also Tomlin would be the youngest ever to win.
While I kind of agree on the sentiment... people would just say he did it with Cowhers team anyway.
Just like Atlanta, Carolina, and Philly did, correct?
If you think any of those teams are in the same cat as the Steelers than wow. Also NFC is pretty weak.Ravens would have destroyed anyone that showed up from NFC and they were 6th seed.Atlanta- Matt Ryan in last four games was like 4td to 12 ints give or take. Premature Rookie of yr. Flacco obv.CArolina-Jon Fox and Jake enough saidEagles-Andy Reid and an old ass defense.I'm a steelers fan so take this FWIW but, the NFC was def weaker than AFC and has been for sometime now overall.
hmm... how is that fail? I wrote that two and a half years ago when Nolan was at the height of his crappy coaching. We are headed in the right direction. :club:
2.5 years ago yet still correct and relevant :ts Doesn't exactly scream yay for being a 49ers fan.
If you think any of those teams are in the same cat as the Steelers than wow. Also NFC is pretty weak.Ravens would have destroyed anyone that showed up from NFC and they were 6th seed.Atlanta- Matt Ryan in last four games was like 4td to 12 ints give or take. Premature Rookie of yr. Flacco obv.CArolina-Jon Fox and Jake enough saidEagles-Andy Reid and an old ass defense.I'm a steelers fan so take this FWIW but, the NFC was def weaker than AFC and has been for sometime now overall.
Carolina really really should've beat their ass though. I mean 8-0 at home and they were just completely dominating as of late until that game. The Cardinals had little to no defense or running game to speak of most of the season...then suddenly in the playoffs they flipped a switch and looked amazing. It's like Jekkyl and Hyde. Pittsburgh has THE WORST offense I think I have ever seen for a superbowl team. Big Goofy Ben gets all this credit for "making plays" but he gets sacked/pressured into a bad/rushed throw like every other play. Blame the O-line, fine. But for someone who gets all this credit for getting away and making plays, he sure has been on his ass a lot and held onto the ball way too long. Fortunately for them, the defense is soooo good it gets them by.
Carolina really really should've beat their ass though. I mean 8-0 at home and they were just completely dominating as of late until that game. The Cardinals had little to no defense or running game to speak of most of the season...then suddenly in the playoffs they flipped a switch and looked amazing. It's like Jekkyl and Hyde. Pittsburgh has THE WORST offense I think I have ever seen for a superbowl team. Big Goofy Ben gets all this credit for "making plays" but he gets sacked/pressured into a bad/rushed throw like every other play. Blame the O-line, fine. But for someone who gets all this credit for getting away and making plays, he sure has been on his ass a lot and held onto the ball way too long. Fortunately for them, the defense is soooo good it gets them by.
Well I gues you missed the Ravens super bowl in 2000 and the Tampa bay one also. And if u think the Steelers offense is "bad" then u obv dont watch football. Yes Ben gets sacked. The last five games where a ton better and he does have to make plays running around but, he does it. And he will have just as many super bowl rings as Golden boy Tom Brady. Not everyone can be as good as ELI OR PEYTON...Oh wait he will have more superbowl wins then them as well and thats all that matters.

lol ya I obv don't watch football. All I know is they are in the bottom 3rd of offensive stats, pretty sad for a super bowl team. Don't even try to tell me they'd be here if the defense was even only "above average".Do you see the difference between bad and bad for a super bowl team?

lol ya I obv don't watch football. All I know is they are in the bottom 3rd of offensive stats, pretty sad for a super bowl team. Don't even try to tell me they'd be here if the defense was even only "above average".Do you see the difference between bad and bad for a super bowl team?
Defense wins Championships....yes...very cliche but it is the truth.All of the greatest SB Dynastys were Defensive teams....The Steelers also were 2nd in scoring in the playoffs behind Arizona. They can put points up whenever they want, it just depends on the game plan and who they are facing.
Defense wins Championships....yes...very cliche but it is the truth.All of the greatest SB Dynastys were Defensive teams....The Steelers also were 2nd in scoring in the playoffs behind Arizona. They can put points up whenever they want, it just depends on the game plan and who they are facing.
Yup it does...and their defense is amazing. I def don't think they are one of the worst overall teams or anything...they deserve to be here as much as anyone this season. Just painful to watch their offense operate sometimes.I'll give the worst super bowl team ever to the 2007 giants.