Tough Spot In Double Deuce

No-Limit Hold'em, $100.00 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 was about 30/6 through 20 handssaw flopUTG+1 ($7955)MP1 ($13610)MP2 ($9650)MP3 ($1605)CO ($3205)Button ($5990)SB ($2510)BB ($3485)Hero (UTG) ($6595)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kheart.gif, Kclub.gifHero raises $300, 2 folds, MP2 calls $300, 1 fold, CO calls $300, 3 foldsFlop: ($1050) 4club.gif, 4diamond.gif, Qclub.gif(3 players)Hero bets $750, MP2 calls $750, 1 foldTurn: ($2550) Qdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero ????

Check... if you bet and are reraised here I don't see how you can muster a call... When he bets 1500-1800 we should call and see the River... He can show up here with anything between 99-JJ...He also could turn over AA pretty easily... Either way a check call turn check call river is going to cost you the minimum

Check... if you bet and are reraised here I don't see how you can muster a call... When he bets 1500-1800 we should call and see the River... He can show up here with anything between 99-JJ...He also could turn over AA pretty easily... Either way a check call turn check call river is going to cost you the minimum
I disagree. Check/calling gives us no way of figuring out if we are ahead. Pretty much any hand ahead of us is betting this turn and 90% of rivers. Whereas hands that we beat MAY bet the turn and probably wont bet the river unless they improve. I bet 1200 here. If he calls, I would check any river other than a K or Q. If he fires on a non-club river you have a decision to make.
I disagree. Check/calling gives us no way of figuring out if we are ahead. Pretty much any hand ahead of us is betting this turn and 90% of rivers. Whereas hands that we beat MAY bet the turn and probably wont bet the river unless they improve. I bet 1200 here. If he calls, I would check any river other than a K or Q. If he fires on a non-club river you have a decision to make.
qft also fold to a raise
No-Limit Hold'em, $100.00 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP2 was about 30/6 through 20 handssaw flopUTG+1 ($7955)MP1 ($13610)MP2 ($9650)MP3 ($1605)CO ($3205)Button ($5990)SB ($2510)BB ($3485)Hero (UTG) ($6595)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Kheart.gif, Kclub.gifHero raises $300, 2 folds, MP2 calls $300, 1 fold, CO calls $300, 3 foldsFlop: ($1050) 4club.gif, 4diamond.gif, Qclub.gif(3 players)Hero bets $750, MP2 calls $750, 1 foldTurn: ($2550) Qdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero ????
Bet 1/2 pot and we should get all the information we are looking for here.

Agreed with leading the turn; all draws will disappear and boats will shove. Sometimes I play a flop like this passively for pot control since I'm wa/wb and it's tougher to play in that scenario OOP.

DN talks about the Chan Play: seeing where you're at in an iffy spot by c/c'ing the flop and leading the turn. This is one of those spots where, if you feel you must c/c the flop, the Chan Play could work. But that's the only reason I would c/c this flop: to see where we're at on the turn. I'm not in favor of c/c'ing in hopes of a cheap showdown because we're not getting it if anyone has us beat.