How To Play Aa

*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to 20TN40 [Ad As]20TN40: raises 200 to 300missparker72: folds Wieman11: calls 300RoosV: folds maja2222: calls 300westmaas80: folds wildeyes100: folds timothshady: folds *** FLOP *** [Kh Qc 6c]20TN40: checks Wieman11: bets 300maja2222: calls 30020TN40: calls 300*** TURN *** [Kh Qc 6c] [5h]20TN40: checks Wieman11: bets 400maja2222: calls 40020TN40: raises 1720 to 2120 and is all-inWieman11: folds maja2222: calls 1720*** RIVER *** [Kh Qc 6c 5h] [2h]*** SHOW DOWN ***20TN40: shows [Ad As] (a pair of Aces)maja2222: shows [Ah Th] (a flush, Ace high)maja2222 collected 6590 from pot

Raise pre. Bet that flop aggressively because you're almost always best. And don't post bbfidts hands when you clearly cost yourself the hand by not playing it aggressively enough when you were ahead.

*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to 20TN40 [Ad As]20TN40: raises 200 to 300missparker72: folds Wieman11: calls 300RoosV: folds maja2222: calls 300westmaas80: folds wildeyes100: folds timothshady: folds *** FLOP *** [Kh Qc 6c]20TN40: checks Wieman11: bets 300maja2222: calls 30020TN40: calls 300*** TURN *** [Kh Qc 6c] [5h]20TN40: checks Wieman11: bets 400maja2222: calls 40020TN40: raises 1720 to 2120 and is all-inWieman11: folds maja2222: calls 1720*** RIVER *** [Kh Qc 6c 5h] [2h]*** SHOW DOWN ***20TN40: shows [Ad As] (a pair of Aces)maja2222: shows [Ah Th] (a flush, Ace high)maja2222 collected 6590 from pot
Raise all-in on the flop would be my play, too many drawing possibilities here.
bbfidts.Seriously you're all donks for responding to this drivel; he got it all in with the best hand and got rivered, and he asks about how to play AA.
She is just trying to learn. She doesn't really play that often.Please don't be hard on her.
So, what does this make you?
I should've written responding SERIOUSLY...But I'm on an azzhole streak for whatever reason, sorry, I should've just posted: You took a bad beat, it had nothing to do with you not knowing how to play AA.
I should've written responding SERIOUSLY...But I'm on an azzhole streak for whatever reason, sorry, I should've just posted: You took a bad beat, it had nothing to do with you not knowing how to play AA.
No worries, we all have our moments.

How you play this hand depends on your stack size. Please include them. Here is AA played when deep stacked in the 1K today vs a very good villain (notice what he shows down):PokerStars Game #24109503966: Tournament #134396402, $1000+$50 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2009/01/20 20:13:37 ETTable '134396402 43' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 1: badbeatninja (1410 in chips) Seat 2: floes (4530 in chips) Seat 3: ckingusc (2890 in chips) Seat 4: crodino (3490 in chips) Seat 6: OddiLoL (2960 in chips) Seat 7: armen13 (2910 in chips) Seat 8: BrainBusto (2950 in chips) Seat 9: Egar1m (2860 in chips) BrainBusto: posts small blind 10Egar1m: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to armen13 [Ac Ad]badbeatninja said, "how bout now :club:?"badbeatninja: folds floes: raises 60 to 80ckingusc: folds crodino: folds OddiLoL: folds armen13: raises 140 to 220BrainBusto: folds Egar1m: folds floes said, "hehe I forget how tourny players play 100 bbs deep"floes: calls 140*** FLOP *** [6s 3d 6h]floes: checks armen13: bets 300floes: calls 300*** TURN *** [6s 3d 6h] [2d]floes: checks armen13: checks *** RIVER *** [6s 3d 6h 2d] [Qs]floes: checks armen13: bets 320floes: calls 320*** SHOW DOWN ***armen13: shows [Ac Ad] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)floes: mucks hand armen13 collected 1710 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1710 | Rake 0 Board [6s 3d 6h 2d Qs]Seat 1: badbeatninja folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: floes mucked [Kc Ks]Seat 3: ckingusc folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: crodino folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: OddiLoL folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: armen13 (button) showed [Ac Ad] and won (1710) with two pair, Aces and SixesSeat 8: BrainBusto (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 9: Egar1m (big blind) folded before Flop

How you play this hand depends on your stack size. Please include them. Here is AA played when deep stacked in the 1K today vs a very good villain (notice what he shows down):PokerStars Game #24109503966: Tournament #134396402, $1000+$50 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2009/01/20 20:13:37 ETTable '134396402 43' 9-max Seat #7 is the buttonSeat 1: badbeatninja (1410 in chips) Seat 2: floes (4530 in chips) Seat 3: ckingusc (2890 in chips) Seat 4: crodino (3490 in chips) Seat 6: OddiLoL (2960 in chips) Seat 7: armen13 (2910 in chips) Seat 8: BrainBusto (2950 in chips) Seat 9: Egar1m (2860 in chips) BrainBusto: posts small blind 10Egar1m: posts big blind 20*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to armen13 [Ac Ad]badbeatninja said, "how bout now :ts?"badbeatninja: folds floes: raises 60 to 80ckingusc: folds crodino: folds OddiLoL: folds armen13: raises 140 to 220BrainBusto: folds Egar1m: folds floes said, "hehe I forget how tourny players play 100 bbs deep"floes: calls 140*** FLOP *** [6s 3d 6h]floes: checks armen13: bets 300floes: calls 300*** TURN *** [6s 3d 6h] [2d]floes: checks armen13: checks *** RIVER *** [6s 3d 6h 2d] [Qs]floes: checks armen13: bets 320floes: calls 320*** SHOW DOWN ***armen13: shows [Ac Ad] (two pair, Aces and Sixes)floes: mucks hand armen13 collected 1710 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1710 | Rake 0 Board [6s 3d 6h 2d Qs]Seat 1: badbeatninja folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: floes mucked [Kc Ks]Seat 3: ckingusc folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: crodino folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: OddiLoL folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: armen13 (button) showed [Ac Ad] and won (1710) with two pair, Aces and SixesSeat 8: BrainBusto (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 9: Egar1m (big blind) folded before Flop
Wow, both of you played the hand very well. The way you bet surely would have looked to me like AK c-betting the flop then just trying to steal on the river. Your betting pattern was great, and most people would go broke with KK in that spot. :icon_clap:EDIT: Just noticed the buy-in, baller :club:
Wow, both of you played the hand very well. The way you bet surely would have looked to me like AK c-betting the flop then just trying to steal on the river. Your betting pattern was great, and most people would go broke with KK in that spot. :icon_clap:EDIT: Just noticed the buy-in, baller :club:
Armen did you play it that way because you were worried about a 6 or because you wanted Villain to bet the river so you could reraise him? What range did you put Villain on? Why not follow through with a bet on the turn? I'd really like to know your thought process on this hand.
Armen did you play it that way because you were worried about a 6 or because you wanted Villain to bet the river so you could reraise him? What range did you put Villain on? Why not follow through with a bet on the turn? I'd really like to know your thought process on this hand.
Definitely agree, how do we not bet that turn. If you could inform us of what you were thinking, it would be awesome
Definitely agree, how do we not bet that turn. If you could inform us of what you were thinking, it would be awesome
I thought of this thread the other day because I was in what I thought a sick situation. I raised UTG with AA, the BB called. We were both deep stacked and pretty far in the tourney. The flop was like 763 rainbow. BB just bet out pot, I was kinda sick because I thought, "Damn, he flopped a freakin set and about to lose this pot." So I called. Turn was a K, he bet pot again, "Sigh." I really hated the fact that he would pot after the K turned. And tbh, I was playing rather tight only showing down premiums and I know he saw that. River was a Q. He potted again. If I called and he had a set I would have left like 1500. I was like "Screw it, I call." He had AK and I was relieved. But I seriously thought he had a set with that flop and the way he bet through the K, he sure made it seem like it.
Not saying it was the best way to play the hand. If I had known what he had would have played it differently of course.I thought his range could be wide here based on some of his earlier plays at the table. A 6 is small a possibility and some other suited connectors, small to medium to larger pairs. The turn check controls the pot and can induce more value on the river. If he is weak he will probably fold to a reasonable turn bet but may call or bluff bet on the river if turn is checked. If he has us beat then keeping pot small works in our favour. if board was more draw heavy, I would have to bet more and bet turn possibly. Basicly it boils down to a balance between extracting value and risk with the emphasis on extracting value in this case.Villain is Brian Devonshire (wpt finalist) btw.
nhnhI think I may bet a little more on the river though. I'm amazing he didn't bet river. You just call if he leads 400 at you?I guess QQ just got there vs him.
Agree river bet was too small. Not sure about the raise. his actual hand is one of the few hands he might pay of with. Would appreciate feedback on this and the whole hand.
Not saying it was the best way to play the hand. If I had known what he had would have played it differently of course.I thought his range could be wide here based on some of his earlier plays at the table. A 6 is small a possibility and some other suited connectors, small to medium to larger pairs. The turn check controls the pot and can induce more value on the river. If he is weak he will probably fold to a reasonable turn bet but may call or bluff bet on the river if turn is checked. If he has us beat then keeping pot small works in our favour. if board was more draw heavy, I would have to bet more and bet turn possibly. Basicly it boils down to a balance between extracting value and risk with the emphasis on extracting value in this case.Villain is Brian Devonshire (wpt finalist) btw.
That was my thinking. If you lead out on the turn, a villain will usually fold and you don't really get any value, but by checking you allow a villain to bluff bet or call a value bet.Also it's funny that you say, "If I knew what he had." I think all of us would've said the same thing.I do like the fact that you did not like fall in love with your aces either, especially in a double stack tourney.