$200 To $100,000

Ok so the idea is to go from $200 to $100k playing limit hold'em.I will be starting with $200 on the blinds of 50c/$1 and moving up to $1/$2 when I get to a bank roll of $400.My buy in will be 10% of the bank roll. So it will be 50c/$1 table $20 buy in with a bank roll of $200.I'm sure many of you will say this just isn't enough to play with as the swings will kill me, and this may be very true but I would like to see how far I can actually go and it should make for an interesting thread for people to follow.In its simple form I should be able to steam roll to $100k in no time, but we all know this isn't the case or we would all be doing it :club: Anyway this is how it should look.50c/$1 = $200 $1/$2 = $400$2/$4 = $800$3/$6 = $1600$5/$10 = $3200$10/$20 = $6400$15/$30 = $12800$20/$40 = $25600$30/$60 = $51200$50/$100 = $102400I may make some changes along the way but the bulk of it is what you have just seen.If anyone wants to give any advice, feedback, criticisms or just thoughts in general, feel free to drop in a post.Limit, Hands Played, Result, Bankroll$0.50-$1.00 34 +$18.0019 +$5.6523 +$7.9552 +$1758 +$7.6043 -$25.609 +$7.9033 +$13.0516 +$19.5036 +$4.9528 +$36.9016 +$34.59====================Total 367 +$147.49 $347.49Money Won Per Hand: $0.40Buy in for next session: $34.75

I'm probably dead wrong so I'm sure people will come correct me but isn't the "standard" bankroll 300 BB's. Therefore, I don't think you are that nuts going with 200 as it's not too far off. However, with that being said I think your progression could look a little different:50c/$1 = $200 $1/$2 = $400$2/$4 = $800$3/$6 = $1600$5/$10 = $3200$10/$20 = $6400$15/$30 = $12800 <------- Skip the 15/30 and go for the 20/40 here. $20/$40 = $25600 <------- Make this $18k-20k and go for the 30/60. $30/$60 = $51200 <------- Make this 30k-40k and go $50/100. $50/$100 = $102400 <---- Make this 60k-70k and then go destroy the $100/200 game to make your final $30k. I'm dead tired though so as I said, I may be thinking really crazy right now. Just my thoughts, I will be curious what others say.

Sunday Million would be nice, I'll see how I go with this first then smash the millions at a later date :club:

you should of just said you were going to to what DN is doing, except starting with 200 and playing limit...it would of made reading alot easier
Spot on :club:

You skipping the donkey levels that Daniel is wading through. I actually think .50/$1 is much different and perhaps easier to maintain a winrate(fewer Donkeys). That said I will be watching with interest your results with just 200 BBs seems like 500 would allow you to play a little less cautious. Keep us posted as to your Preflop raise,VPIP and AF you have success with. I have played at that level but only a few times.(successfully I might add). Good luck! I await your results with interest.

You skipping the donkey levels that Daniel is wading through. I actually think .50/$1 is much different and perhaps easier to maintain a winrate(fewer Donkeys). That said I will be watching with interest your results with just 200 BBs seems like 500 would allow you to play a little less cautious. Keep us posted as to your Preflop raise,VPIP and AF you have success with. I have played at that level but only a few times.(successfully I might add). Good luck! I await your results with interest.
whoa whoa whoa stop everything.what?
whoa whoa whoa stop everything.what?
It never ceases to amaze me when people think that levels with "less donkeys" will be easier to beat. My ideal LHE table would be populated by 9 other people who see every flop and never raise preflop. In poker, your motto should always be...the more donkeys the better.

Ok so just a quick update.Havent had a great deal of playing time but in the last hour or so I've seen about 34% out of 100 hands leaving with a $18 profit. I will make my results a touch more user friendly in future posts.Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great weekend and may the flop be with you :club:

gl man,im kind of doing the same thing,but im playing tournys and cash games....started with about $100 and im up to $240 :club: what site you playing on? would like to see you play sometime

Just to keep everyone upto date I will be posting the results on the first post of this thread. Oh and thank you to everyone for the replies and best whishes :club:

Hi ZachI hope I'm not being a pain on the forum. I don't know much about creating blogs and stuff like that. I just thought it would be fun to try and do what Daniel is doing but do it on limit poker. Plus it should be a cool thing for people to watch and read up on how I'm going.I realy do hope I'm not being a problem or anything like that?

It's not a huge deal if you just edit the main page. Please don't bump the thread every time you do, though.The people who want to follow it can check it themselves for updates.Obviously we can't just let everyone have a blog on this forum. Check out http://blogspot.com, or any other similar sites if you decide to just start a blog. It really is not complicated, fwiw.

there are people who more or less use the LHE challenge thread in general for this, posting how they do each day and talking to each other about it. also, the majority of LHE discusion on this site now goes on over there (for better or worse, i feel worse but the others have won and thats how it is now) so you might want to check it out. if you posted in a manner that was too blogesque it might annoy people, but if you like posted how your session went everyday with some thoughts about some things to go along with it you might be surprised by some of the insight and responses you receive.

At this pace, it may take a few weeks to achieve this goal...Good luck.
Ya, sorry about the pace but I've had things going on and thought it best not to play poker, only just punched out a few hands now :club:

I think I may have copped the worst beats I have ever had last night. I had a great run of cards A,K A,Ksu Q,Q K,K K,Qsu, flushes, trips and anything else you could think of, and yup I got beat.I know I played good and over the long run I will come out infront playing the way I did. I guess that's poker folks.Anyway I won't let it bother me cause it's just another part of the game we all love. I'll just keep on grinding it out.

Isn't pretty much everyone who starts playing low stakes and intends to take poker seriously trying to turn that initial stake into some amout of money by practicing some bankroll management and moving up as they go?Now, if you were trying to turn $200 into 100K playing ONLY .50/1 LHE, that would be impressive!Seriously, good luck at this, but we're all trying to do this on some level. Come to the LHE challenge thread in General.