I've seen very few Clint Eastwood movies, but I have to say that this movie was amazing. I loved it and I can't see any other actor being in it. The one liners were fantastic and I loved one way a critic described it-as an action movie but the action was in the dialogue. I can't wait to see it again.

This movie was incredibly on the nose. The acting was painfully bad in some parts. The buzz revolving around this movie is way, way overinflated. It's worth a watch, just to see Clint do his thing again, but otherwise it's average.

• 3 months later...

I just watched this movie for the first time last night and I have to say it was laughably bad. the story line was beyond generic (hey, instead of blacks, lets make the good kids in a tough situation asians! brilliant!), the acting was a joke, even clint's, and the dialogue sounded like it was written by third graders. and the song at the end? clint singing? fucking really? I slapped myself on my head as I was laughing.

I just watched this movie for the first time last night and I have to say it was laughably bad. the story line was beyond generic (hey, instead of blacks, lets make the good kids in a tough situation asians! brilliant!), the acting was a joke, even clint's, and the dialogue sounded like it was written by third graders. and the song at the end? clint singing? fucking really? I slapped myself on my head as I was laughing.
Bitches be crazy.

I refuse to watch for strictly shallow and selfish reasons. They shot parts of this movie within a mile from my house making me get stuck in traffic while they got their retarded shot and made me late and or inconvenienced.

I refuse to watch for strictly shallow and selfish reasons. They shot parts of this movie within a mile from my house making me get stuck in traffic while they got their retarded shot and made me late and or inconvenienced.
are there really asians who talk in blackcents there?
are there really asians who talk in blackcents there?
YesEdit: Not in my hometown but some of the chavvy parts of the metro area, yes, lots of wiggers and hmmm, what would it that be called, chiggers?
  • 3 weeks later...

I liked it enough...they definitely pressed way too hard on the "this guy is racist" thing for the first half of the movie.

It was pretty good. Clint was good and Ive never been a fan, but the kid that played Tao was beyond awful.
The girl that played his sister was even worse. She was painful to watch when she was trying to sound smart. I did think that the kids in the asian gang did a halfway decent job.
the song at the end? clint singing? fucking really? I slapped myself on my head as I was laughing.
Yup.
  • 2 weeks later...
This movie was incredibly on the nose. The acting was painfully bad in some parts.
I saw it two weeks ago and this about sums it up for me. Eastwood was great but the supporting cast was brutal.
  • 3 weeks later...
QFT, just saw it and most of this seems right
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally saw it.C+ at best. Two dimentional characters. Pretty basic but enjoyable story. Downright horrible acting and direction at times. Photography and editing were choppy.Clint was good and his character was well done.Ending wasn't as clever as I think most people are thinking. They were pretty heavy-handed on telegraphing the Jesus symbolism.Really, the only redeeming things for me to make this an OK movie were Clint and a couple of Fair scenes. Like I said: enjoyable, but certainly not great in my book....oh yeah, Clint Singing at the end. Wow. So bad. Kyle Eastwood had the music credit. Another instance of Clint giving pieces to famlily members or women with whom he is sleeping.