http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205489/Just got back from "Gran Torino" starring Clint Eastwood and I must say it was one of the best films I have seen in a few years. I saw "Slumdog Millionaire" last week and loved it but Gran Torino floored me. Eastwood still has it and he might win Best Actor & Director Oscars. If you get a chance, I highly reccomend it, even if your not an Eastwood fan.
Yes... How were you able to view the film that early? It was released 2 weeks ago (soft release) and nationwide last Friday?
My brother downloaded that thing more than 2 weeks ago I think.
I'm sorry, but Eastwood is the Keanu Reaves of old actors.I'm not saying I don't like watching him, but he's totally Keanu.
you just lost all credibility, on all issues, for all time. please just stop posting. forever.
you just lost all credibility, on all issues, for all time. please just stop posting. forever.
You're telling me he's not the same character in every movie?Lets get real here.
Yes... How were you able to view the film that early? It was released 2 weeks ago (soft release) and nationwide last Friday?
Suited's correct. My bet was based on the trailer only.Just felt like Eastwood was a lock with this type of movie.
this just happened for you with him?That makes me lose all respect for you on all issues, for all time
I did hear his lines in this movie were epic. But still... I'm just saying, the delivery isn't anything new, ya know?
i'm looking forward to this on dvd to hear some of these lines over and over.
I'm sorry, but Eastwood is the Keanu Reaves of old actors.I'm not saying I don't like watching him, but he's totally Keanu.
hahahahahah
this.
I think I love you just because of what you said in this thread.

I mean...he's a legend and all, but can someone please explain how he's a phenomenal actor, not just a guy that plays the same part (possibly himself) in 95% of his films? I don't have a strong opinion either way, I'm just curious.

I mean...he's a legend and all, but can someone please explain how he's a phenomenal actor, not just a guy that plays the same part (possibly himself) in 95% of his films? I don't have a strong opinion either way, I'm just curious.
Even if he does play the same character (John Wayne anyone), he plays it so well that we overlook it. But to compare him to Keanu Reeves is just ridiculous. Most actors play similar roles in all their movies. There are very few actors who can play completely different characters and play them belieivably. Clint is just exceptionally good at what he does. I dont know, Im a Clint fan though, so I could be blinded.
He's a much better director and filmmaker than he is an actor.
He's a much better director and filmmaker than he is an actor.
This.He's very good at playing a certain role but doesn't have much range. But to compare him to Keanu is...hilarious.

Yea I watched it Dec 16th.... and I will definitly buy it. I've recommended it to everyone but I don't think it'll win an oscar imo. Great movie, Eastwood rocks, but I don't think it'll win an award.

Saw this tonight and I loved it, but I don't get the Oscar hype. It was good and really entertaining and I'll probably watch it everytime I catch it on cable but an Oscar winner, really? And there was some pretty laughable acting.As far as Clint goes, I don't think he's a great actor but that doesn't mean I don't love him.