Confused: Passive 6max Dynamic

Recently played in a 6max tournament. It was by far the loosest/slowest/and most passive tables ive ever been on. There was never a preflop raise and when there was you could count on a large pocket pair or A-J or better. Yet whenever i would make a standard raise (2.5-3.5x) i'd get 2-3 callers consistently and out of position. It was almost like i could limp in from any position without concern of being raised out of the pot. With this kind of thing going on, is it correct to take that cheap flop with most hands as long as im in position knowing that a raise means im beat?? Ive really never played on a 6max table this loose and passive before so i really dont know what to do. Should i just tighten up/limp in and wait for the nuts and get paid off with them??? i am really confused by this table. With a starting field of 160, there are currently 42 left, yet i have remained on the same table and only 8 players have been knocked out on my table. Is that unusual or am i just not thinking straight right now??

Recently played in a 6max tournament. It was by far the loosest/slowest/and most passive tables ive ever been on. There was never a preflop raise and when there was you could count on a large pocket pair or A-J or better. Yet whenever i would make a standard raise (2.5-3.5x) i'd get 2-3 callers consistently and out of position. It was almost like i could limp in from any position without concern of being raised out of the pot. With this kind of thing going on, is it correct to take that cheap flop with most hands as long as im in position knowing that a raise means im beat?? Ive really never played on a 6max table this loose and passive before so i really dont know what to do. Should i just tighten up/limp in and wait for the nuts and get paid off with them??? i am really confused by this table. With a starting field of 160, there are currently 42 left, yet i have remained on the same table and only 8 players have been knocked out on my table. Is that unusual or am i just not thinking straight right now??
You have to make your standard raises higher and limp with position and get value from big flops.

We can really punish tables like this, and there are many ways to do this based on their tendencies. If they are limping very often but folding if you raise from LP then we should be doing this with a super wide range. If they are limping and calling raises light then we can mash them in LP with the stronger part of our range and just take them to valuetown.If they are cold calling raises very often we can bump up our raise sizes to 4 or 5 bbs, like mtdesmoines said.Our stack size plays a huge role in what we can and can't do though. Just be careful that you don't lump the whole table together with your reads. Each player is likely to have different tendencies and we have to adjust to each individually.

If they're going away against most bets postflop, then you can crush this table even when you get multiple callers. If they fold postflop a lot, then you want them calling those PF raises because it makes you more money.If they're calling down, bet hands for value.