• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's it? That's your argument? That everyone who thought smoking was safe died of cancer? LOL.
I was joking, as I know three people older than 40 (my parents and grandmother) so you're challenge would be fairly difficult to complete.
It is. I don't hit my kid on the head. I smack her little butt when it's needfull, though, as well I should.
Just throwing this out thereYou agree that it would be illegal for you to hit another person's child around the head?What gives you the right to hit 'your' child? Surely he has just the same rights as this other child (who you would not hit) and you hitting him would be an impeachment on his freedom as a human being?
Just throwing this out thereYou agree that it would be illegal for you to hit another person's child around the head?What gives you the right to hit 'your' child? Surely he has just the same rights as this other child (who you would not hit) and you hitting him would be an impeachment on his freedom as a human being?
I don't agree with that at all, I said I don't do it. It should not be illegal.
I don't agree with that at all, I said I don't do it. It should not be illegal.
I'm not saying YOU do, but as you do not think it should be illegal, why should parents be given the right to do things to their own child that they would not be allowed to do to somebody elses? You're all for freedom and whatnot, so why does the child not receive any freedom from not being hit over the head?
It has everything to do with freedom of choice, are you serious with this shit? It's MY kid. It's JUST FOOD. So, back the **** up.
Do you believe this freedom is absolute? Do you believe children are akin to property in this sense? Where does the line belong? I am truly curious as this is an interesting disagreement.
Do you believe this freedom is absolute? Do you believe children are akin to property in this sense? Where does the line belong? I am truly curious as this is an interesting disagreement.
Yes and no. There is a line, somewhere.
If you sell an addictive product which slowly (or quickly) kills your customer, I'd say you share some responsibility with the fools that buy your product.
They did a study at harvard10 out of 10 people dieEnjoy life
To add to LMD's rant, I just have to say that I would be very sad to live in the gray, dull world envisioned by the people who think that they know what is best for me and my kids. Life is about living in color, with joie de vivre, filled with thrilling triumphs and depressing defeats.There are worse things than a life filled with mistakes, such as a life where mistakes are not allowed.
A thousand times this. Thanks Henry.
lois, you don't believe in this at all. you just believe in having the freedoms to do the things you want to do. freedom means that other people will have the freedom to do and say things that you may not like. it also comes at a very steep price, namely safety and security. from reading your posts on here you are an incredibly intolerant person. lets not make laws based on the extremes? a heroin addict who kills people and commits crimes is an extreme. most heroin addicts are reasonably functional people who support their habits through whatever they do for a living. they are very similar to alcoholics. drug laws are very clearly based on extremes. why are you not outraged about this?lets try something thats a little less edgy that you probably aren't completely brainwashed about. i want the freedom to go buy a dog from the pet store, take it home, cook it and eat it. in the state of california this is illegal. in fact, its illegal to eat any "companion" animal there. somebody is telling me what i can and cannot eat. why can i eat a cow but not a dog? they are both mammals? i have known people who had pet cows that they loved. why are you not outraged about this?would you be opposed to laws banning judaism? islam? buddhism? hinduism? satanism? if somebody came on here with an article about a kid being suspended from school because he wore a satanic shirt would you be outraged? how about if an adult got fired from their job when it was discovered that they were a satanist? how about heterosexual sodomy(some states still say it is despite a supreme court ruling)? homosexual sodomy? sex changes? the right for a man to walk down the street dressed like a woman? would you care if any of those rights were taken away?i bet if a woman's right to choose was taken away you would be dancing in the streets. but don't do it naked, because that is a right you don't have (for absolutly no reason). what about my right to dance in the street naked? would you fight for that?just admit it. this has nothing to do with freedom. you just want to be able to eat your junk food.
lois, you don't believe in this at all. you just believe in having the freedoms to do the things you want to do. freedom means that other people will have the freedom to do and say things that you may not like. it also comes at a very steep price, namely safety and security. from reading your posts on here you are an incredibly intolerant person. lets not make laws based on the extremes? a heroin addict who kills people and commits crimes is an extreme. most heroin addicts are reasonably functional people who support their habits through whatever they do for a living. they are very similar to alcoholics. drug laws are very clearly based on extremes. why are you not outraged about this?lets try something thats a little less edgy that you probably aren't completely brainwashed about. i want the freedom to go buy a dog from the pet store, take it home, cook it and eat it. in the state of california this is illegal. in fact, its illegal to eat any "companion" animal there. somebody is telling me what i can and cannot eat. why can i eat a cow but not a dog? they are both mammals? i have known people who had pet cows that they loved. why are you not outraged about this?would you be opposed to laws banning judaism? islam? buddhism? hinduism? satanism? if somebody came on here with an article about a kid being suspended from school because he wore a satanic shirt would you be outraged? how about if an adult got fired from their job when it was discovered that they were a satanist? how about heterosexual sodomy(some states still say it is despite a supreme court ruling)? homosexual sodomy? sex changes? the right for a man to walk down the street dressed like a woman? would you care if any of those rights were taken away?i bet if a woman's right to choose was taken away you would be dancing in the streets. but don't do it naked, because that is a right you don't have (for absolutly no reason). what about my right to dance in the street naked? would you fight for that?just admit it. this has nothing to do with freedom. you just want to be able to eat your junk food.
You're pretty much wrong across the board. about me. Seriously, I don't know where to start. I'm actually a huge proponent of doing as you please, and letting others do the same. Edit: After re-reading you are so off it's laughable. I actually think it's ridiculous that we kill thousands of edible dogs in the U.S., a dog is a fine meal.
You're pretty much wrong across the board. about me. Seriously, I don't know where to start. I'm actually a huge proponent of doing as you please, and letting others do the same.
Are you pro-choice?
I'm actually a huge proponent of doing as you please, and letting others do the same.
Nope. I'm generally against murder on any level.
hehSo you are against complete freedom of choice if it doesn't coincide with your views? It's OK to admit it. It's called natural human behavior.If I didn't know any better I would say you think it is OK to sexually abuse your child as well because it's well within your freedoms to do that.
hehSo you are against complete freedom of choice if it doesn't coincide with your views? It's OK to admit it. It's called natural human behavior.If I didn't know any better I would say you think it is OK to sexually abuse your child as well because it's well within your freedoms to do that.
Because the abortion debate is crazy simple and clearly applies, and can be brought up to prove that someone does not believe in freedom of choice? I will admit it. I think abortion is killing a child. The only way it wouldn't be is if the entity you ended could also end up a ham sandwich, or a paperback book. Except it won't- it will be a child. Unless you step in and stomp it out. Hence why I believe it's murder, but having said that, isn't that another debate, or does it always come down to this?
You're pretty much wrong across the board. about me. Seriously, I don't know where to start. I'm actually a huge proponent of doing as you please, and letting others do the same. Edit: After re-reading you are so off it's laughable. I actually think it's ridiculous that we kill thousands of edible dogs in the U.S., a dog is a fine meal.
you didnt even address anything he said. moron... why cant you debate something?

damn so many of you are running in such odd directions with this topic. I dont know how people cant agree that healthy food for children is a good thing. I dont know if you have noticed but america has the largest obesity rate in the world, which -- suprise -- will kill people. So many of you are knit picking with such extreme cases, when all Daniel was saying is that people that feed their kids so much that TLC has to film a documentary on them, should be stopped from killing their children. Healthy food in school is a logical choice and i dont know how anyone can argue that

damn so many of you are running in such odd directions with this topic. I dont know how people cant agree that healthy food for children is a good thing. I dont know if you have noticed but america has the largest obesity rate in the world, which -- suprise -- will kill people. So many of you are knit picking with such extreme cases, when all Daniel was saying is that people that feed their kids so much that TLC has to film a documentary on them, should be stopped from killing their children. Healthy food in school is a logical choice and i dont know how anyone can argue that
When I was in school we got sloppy joes, shephards pie and hamburgers.We turned out fineKids can eat dirt, but if they don't have an active metabolism, it won't matter as much.Video games, internet, myspace, IMs and 200 channels on the TV are way worse for kids health than taco bell is.I guess you can argue with that
When I was in school we got sloppy joes, shephards pie and hamburgers.We turned out fineKids can eat dirt, but if they don't have an active metabolism, it won't matter as much.Video games, internet, myspace, IMs and 200 channels on the TV are way worse for kids health than taco bell is.I guess you can argue with that
Agree with everything with the exception of the bolded part and that's only because of the extreme wording.Anyway you look at it, parents have a responsibility. Your kid could be obese from a variety of reasons and the bottom line is you are not doing them any favors by encouraging them to continue that behavior. It has serious repercussions as they get older and when they are young they look up to you to provide guidance. I am not saying it is right, but the fact is your grossly overweight kid has a far less likely chance to land that good job than someone with a normal body mass. The same goes for parents that give their kids ridiculous names. Not saying that is right...but it has been proven. FWIW, these are maybe 4 teachers in my entire school that eat the main entrees at the cafeteria. When three are offered each day that can be considered a sad state of affairs. Why feed our children crap we won't even eat?
Nope. I'm generally against murder on any level. Edit: That being said, I get why people are. It's all about control at any cost.
how can you be against murder? if jesus hadn't been killed then you wouldn't be able to go to heaven. as a christian you should be very pro murder. your salvation has been made possible by it. you're not so selfless that you can honestly say you would have rather jesus not have had to go through all that, are you (from what i hear its a pretty shitty way to die)? youre happy that he was murdered. every year in april you celebrate his murder, and its your most important holiday of the year.everything always comes down to this because this is what freedom really is. you want freedom to do the things you think are ok, but you are fine with things being illegal that you have deemed not ok. when the klu klux klan wanted to hold a rally in new york city the aclu stood up for them. that is believing in freedom. you cannot draw lines when it comes to freedom. its either all or nothing.
again.. totally missing my point and knit-picking. You say 'we' turned out fine, but how the hell do you know how however many hundred kids turned out 15 years later. Just because they weren't fat at age 10 doesnt mean eating habits they learned at that age didnt eventually make them obese. And i never said video games etc. didnt contribute as obviously they did. Thats not the point of any of this though. The point is that parents shouuld encourage their children to eat better, plain and simple. Parents should also encourage their kids to get off the computer and what not as well.

Fitting article and headline on fark.com today: "Market to stop selling cigarettes to "protect the health of its customers." No word on when they'll stop selling red meat, ice cream, candy, cookies, etc."