OK, I have calmed down.This morning on my local radio the two DJs pretty much summed up exactly what I said last night but in a more eloquent and respectful manner. They also think that Kara will be fired for that song.They were talking to someone who was actually at the show and he said that Kara kept waving her arms around to the conductor and had jumped on stage between Adam's and Kris' performance. The assumption was that she was trying to get them to change the key since both of them started off in the wrong key. Right key or wrong, that song was too wordy, too cliché and just a jumbled mess.Also, apparently at the venue, there were way more Kris Allen fans that Adam Lambert. So, I think this could be the Rueben Studdard/ Clay Aiken upset sort of situation. The thing is Kris needs AI. I am not sure how he would do without a lot of guidance. I don't think Adam needs AI after this show. He got the national exposure which was needed but he is so talented that he will do well win or no win. But... I am still hoping he wins because I feel it is much deserved.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I have calmed down.
lol You sure? Never seen someone so up in arms over a television show. Deep breaths. ;)As for last night...First Song:I love hearing Adam sing Mad World, so it was great to hear it again. Not as great as the first time, but still good.Kris was great as well. I keep saying his first album should be a collaboration with Santana - that's where he'll shine. He needs to think of himself as a Rob Thomas and he'll do well. Second Song:Adam was great. I'd totally buy an Adam Lambert album no matter what genre it was. And by buy I mean download. And by download I mean torrent.Kris was good. Not great.Third Song:LOLWinner:Man, it's close. On merit alone, Adam is the no-brainer choice but I think Kris' following has grown considerably and might be able to give him the edge.

What a huuuuuge let down last night with the final songs. All I gotta say, is that I now hope Kris wins because if Adam releases that song as his first major single about moving mountains, it will end his career quicker than it started. Kris on the other hand at least has the boyish look and sound that shouldn't kill his career with it as a single.

Last deal: I'll let you out for $80 right now. You have until the show starts to accept.
As a counter offer, I'll let you out for $79.You until the show starts to accept.
Just heard of this and it's pretty amusingSome punker from Canada named Jacob Hoggard auditioned for Canadien Idol as a goof after being challenged for 150 bucks and was actually probably going to win until he begged his fans to stop voting for him in the final threehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua36tSxviu0This is him doing Space Oddity it's pretty hilarious as are his other clips - he can really sing but you could tell that he didn't give a F uck
lol!!! He's actually become pretty successful up here. He's in a band called Hedley and in Canada radio stations are forced to play at least 30% Canadian bands. So as you can imagine we get pretty sick of hearing Nickleback & Hedley every 3rd song on rock stations.
lol You sure? Never seen someone so up in arms over a television show. Deep breaths. :club:
I have invested 3 - 4 months into this show... that is longer than 95% of my relationships! :ts

I've not liked these two contestants all year, and I actually enjoyed the performances last night. I even really liked Kris' second song even though the judges seemed to not like it.Yeah the 3rd song was funky, but whatever, I don't think they sounded that bad. It was funny how the judges were trying to pretend that the last song didn't happen, especially with Kris. "Vote on the season, not just this performance." So Kara... was it a bad performance? Or just a horribly written song for the 2 contestants? lol

I was praying for Adam's second song to please end. It was painfully boring.And did Kara look smug after Adam sang that Piece of Crap - loved to hear Randy say it wasn't very good. Even Paula couldn't say anything good about it.
Anyone that thought Adam was better than Kris tonight is either insane or deaf. (I, like everyone else, am throwing out the stupid Kara song)I absolutely detest Adam's screaming voice. It's awful. I couldn't believe that the judges liked his 2nd song that much. Kara AND Paula said it was his best performance of the whole season? um, no.
I think Adam's second song went totally over your heads. It was not only downright brilliant by Simon F to pick it, Adam sang it amazingly and practically opened up a whole new genre with blues with one song. I was dumbstruck and amazed by the choice and having not been a huge Adam fan it turned me around and put him back over the top.
Kris was better in the first song, by far - I really don't know why Adam chose Mad World, I think it was one of his worst performances of the season. Tonight's was better, but not as good as Kris.Kris totally dropped the ball on the second one, Adam was pretty good. Theresa nailed it on why Kris's version of What's Going On was a big miss, and so did Simon. Adam took a great song and sang it well. It was more of a loss by Kris than a win by Adam, though. OMG the last song. Adam couldn't spit all the damn words out, but at least he was able to perform it. Poor Kris - even Kara said he shouldn't have had to sing it? The wrong key, the wrong style, and of course, jesus, the wrong song. I was hoping he was going to rewrite the song as some sort of accoustic jam (which would have been all wrong for the finale of Idol but I would have applauded his balls for doing it), instead I started hoping the mountains would fall in a landslide or the hurricane would blow him out of the hall. So terribly embarrassing for both of them. Adam win this round by sucking less. Ironically the song would have worked for Gokey.Based on tonight, Adam should win, and not undeservedly. I still hope that Kris puts out an album though, because I'm fairly certain I'd buy it. Adam - well, I'm sure I'll hear him on the radio.Also - Adam did a LOT less screaming tonight than in any other week (Tracks of my Tears notwithstanding); I think he's listening to some of you guys.
There was definately highlights this season unlike any other and many more songs and performances I will remember. If I ever hear of think of MadWorld or Tracks of my Tears I will instantly think of the Adam version.

Round 1---Kris.Round 2----Adam.Round 3---Tie (with Kara the big loser).Outcome.....honestly, I say flip a coin. I will go with Kris because he is the safer singer (in that people either love or hate Adam and hate usually wins out in a vote).Not really looking forward to slogging through 127 minutes of Idol results show tonight. And, sadly, my wife enjoys the results show.

Not really looking forward to slogging through 127 minutes of Idol results show tonight. And, sadly, my wife enjoys the results show.
Grounds for divorce, or at the very least, an honor killing.
I think Adam's second song went totally over your heads. It was not only downright brilliant by Simon F to pick it, Adam sang it amazingly and practically opened up a whole new genre with blues with one song...
Nonsense.Just because I didn't like the performance doesn't mean it "went over my head" - by overstating that he somehow started a "whole new genre of blues" sorta shows you may be a little naive or at least overestimating the performance a bit.
Not really looking forward to slogging through 127 minutes of Idol results show tonight. And, sadly, my wife enjoys the results show.
I'm planning on letting the DVR do its job so I can join about an hour in and skip what is certain to be an amazing amount of commercials and fluff.
I think Adam's second song went totally over your heads. It was not only downright brilliant by Simon F to pick it, Adam sang it amazingly and practically opened up a whole new genre with blues with one song. I was dumbstruck and amazed by the choice and having not been a huge Adam fan it turned me around and put him back over the top. There was definately highlights this season unlike any other and many more songs and performances I will remember. If I ever hear of think of MadWorld or Tracks of my Tears I will instantly think of the Adam version.
A man who makes sense. Marry me?

Well at least Adam doesn't have to record that god awful piece of crap of a song.

See... I am a good girl. I did not let the cat out of the bag.

But honey, I want you to let the cat out.

Glad Ryan commented on bikini twat's new bags. Something had to be said. Kara has a ridic bodyKiss w/Lambert was cool, and fitting.Queen seemed fitting as well.I now remember that I actually liked David Cook's voice, a lot. And him. He seems like a real good dude. I have to remind myself to buy that song he did.Indifferent to the actual result. Winner seems like a nice kidWho has gotten hit with more balls to the chin, Adam Lambert or Yogi Berra?

quote name='Ron_Mexico' post='3121470' date='Wednesday, May 20th, 2009, 9:25 PM']Glad Ryan commented on bikini twat's new bags. Something had to be said. Who has gotten hit with more balls to the chin, Adam Lambert or Yogi Berra?adam-lambert2.jpg[

Anyone know if I can downlowad the finale somewhere or at least watch it online?Sigh, I set up the DVD to record and it failed.

So, I'm still just 45 minutes in and I haven't read anything... but tonight's show is incredibly entertaining. Ryan Seacrest needs a raise. Simon Fuller is putting on a hell of a show. Norman Gentle was hilarious, as was the bikini girl deal.

This was actually a good results show. Kiss, Santana, lots of big names. Pretty amusing. We only fast forwarded a little.by the way, Steak 954...new restaurant in Fort Lauderdale.....amazing.