I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Gokey/Kris made the final.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?
for the first time, I've felt the urge to vote for Kris.
YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE! I'm voting for Kris tonight. First time all season.
Kris Allen did NOTHING original with Heartless. I've been listening to The Fray's cover of this for 3 weeks now. All he did was do a karaoke version of this with a few extra crooked jaw rifs. Re-watch Danny and Kris's second performances and honestly tell me that Danny didn't turn in as Simon put it " A vocal masterclass". The only reason Kris is even getting votes is becuase every 12-17 year old girl who doesn't know true talent is voting nonstop VIA something that teen girls are the best in the world at, TEXT MESSAGING.FWIW
You listen to The Fray?
You listen to The Fray?
Yes, they're one of my favorite "recent" bands.
You listen to The Fray?
Three weeks straight, apparently.

What a week, these 3 would setup for a great finale. It's too bad 1 has to go.Who do I think will be in the finals? Adam & Kris. I think Kris did enough to connect with the young voters doing modern songs. Also, the reason Adam did "Crying" was because a few weeks ago the judges said he would've been better off singing that song then the other Aerosmith one he did. So this was obviously to win over the judges with a "great song choice" - smart move as it looks like it'll payed off.What was Danny thinking doing "You Are so Beautiful"? Don't get me wrong, his vocals were awesome but anyone under 50 isn't going to care at all. I can't imagine what type of album he would release that's relevant with today's industry. Sad too, because I picked him to win from his original audition but I don't think he'll make the finals.

they actually told danny that he should have sung cryin not adam
ooh.. meh he still did 10x better than danny attempted with aerosmith.

Enjoyed both of Kris' songs. Thought he actually was best. Danny was decent. Adam was horrible. I was enjoying his first performance until the screeching. After that he was downhill for the rest of the night.

Heartless was... interesting. I was a little disappointed he skipped the lyric that goesYou got a new friend, well I got homiesBecause that would have sounded hilarious.

Pretty bold statement considering they are in the final 3 and one will surely make it to the finals. ;-)
Yes, they're one of my favorite "recent" bands.
Fray rhymes with Gay
Three weeks GAY, apparently.
fyp...The only thing I liked about Heartless was that it was a song capable of being stripped down, which is actually USUALLY an indicator of that song being a GOOD song. I still hate Kanye in general and his Idol performance in particular.
his Idol performance in particular.
He probably shouldn't preform the vast majority of the 808 CD live, it just doesn't translate well because of the way it was recorded.

The judge's picks were horrible this year, which is disappointing considering usually they're really good. Apologize was fine but not as good as the original, and not even as good as Archuleta's version of it last year. Dance Little Sister, really? Just because Danny has that similar kind of rasp in his voice? Not a good reason to pick a stupid, uninteresting song (Simon was right, Sign Your Name would have been way better). And One was just a terrible choice for Adam, and he didn't really perform it very well - the singing was fine, the rearrangement was fine, but the vocal histrionics do not belong in a heartfelt song like that.Then the second half started, and I think that Kris and Danny both had their best performances ever. All three chose much better songs for themselves than the judges. Kris' version of Heartless was pretty great (although I don't really know the original or the covers mentioned), and it cemented that he wants to be an artist like Jason Mraz. I really like Jason Mraz. Danny's version of You Are So Beautiful was fantastic. I don't really like Danny but that was by far his best performance so far, even if it did make it clear that he wants to be Michael McDonald. I really don't like Michael McDonald - empty whiteboy soul sucks. I was really unimpressed with Adam's choice of Cryin' - it seemed like he just wanted to show up Danny when he could have picked something far better - but it was a much better fit for him than One and he performed it fine. His weakest week by far, and the timing couldn't be better/worse.Based on last night, the final should be Danny and Kris. Based on the history of the performances, it should be Danny (by the slimmest of margins) and Adam. Based on who I would be most likely to like as an artist and buy records, it should be Kris and Adam. I'm ready to hate the AI-watching-and-voting public again.Also, is Kara completely retarded? She tried to show up Simon and only made his point stronger, all the while smugly turning her nose up to him. I've enjoyed her on the show, but her cookie is short a few chocolate chips imo.

The judge's picks were horrible this year, which is disappointing considering usually they're really good. Apologize was fine but not as good as the original, and not even as good as Archuleta's version of it last year. Dance Little Sister, really? Just because Danny has that similar kind of rasp in his voice? Not a good reason to pick a stupid, uninteresting song (Simon was right, Sign Your Name would have been way better). And One was just a terrible choice for Adam, and he didn't really perform it very well - the singing was fine, the rearrangement was fine, but the vocal histrionics do not belong in a heartfelt song like that.Then the second half started, and I think that Kris and Danny both had their best performances ever. All three chose much better songs for themselves than the judges. Kris' version of Heartless was pretty great (although I don't really know the original or the covers mentioned), and it cemented that he wants to be an artist like Jason Mraz. I really like Jason Mraz. Danny's version of You Are So Beautiful was fantastic. I don't really like Danny but that was by far his best performance so far, even if it did make it clear that he wants to be Michael McDonald. I really don't like Michael McDonald - empty whiteboy soul sucks. I was really unimpressed with Adam's choice of Cryin' - it seemed like he just wanted to show up Danny when he could have picked something far better - but it was a much better fit for him than One and he performed it fine. His weakest week by far, and the timing couldn't be better/worse.Based on last night, the final should be Danny and Kris. Based on the history of the performances, it should be Danny (by the slimmest of margins) and Adam. Based on who I would be most likely to like as an artist and buy records, it should be Kris and Adam. I'm ready to hate the AI-watching-and-voting public again.Also, is Kara completely retarded? She tried to show up Simon and only made his point stronger, all the while smugly turning her nose up to him. I've enjoyed her on the show, but her cookie is short a few chocolate chips imo.
i have been making that Mraz comparison for a while. it just fits. it is clearly his MO. my wife thought Kris sounded like Matt McCoughanhey (I have no idea how to spell that) last night with his attempts at "aw, shucks" charm.I think it will be Kris and Adam (if only Danny had Simon stumping for him at the end of the show).
i have been making that Mraz comparison for a while. it just fits. it is clearly his MO. my wife thought Kris sounded like Matt McCoughanhey (I have no idea how to spell that) last night with his attempts at "aw, shucks" charm.I think it will be Kris and Adam (if only Danny had Simon stumping for him at the end of the show).
Yeah I pretty much agree with that (except the "aw, shucks" part - I fastforward all the talking parts). I've been thinking the Mraz thing for awhile too but last night, with the chance to chose anything and him choosing that, really made it clear.I don't really understand your parenthesis at the end.
Terrence Trent Darby?If I were Danny I would have tested Paula back and asked her if she has taken her meds.
Haha. It was really a horrible choice. They (she?) picked this song, with no vocal range, performed by a dancer, for a competitor "in a singing competition" who is arguably one of the better singers they've had on the show, who can't dance, move, or perform physically without looking like a goomba.They should have picked Girl You Know It's True.I forgot to mention earlier that the backup singers in Cryin' were terrible and whoever was on the mixing board should have been shot.
I forgot to mention earlier that the backup singers in Cryin' were terrible and whoever was on the mixing board should have been shot.
I noticed that too, they were louder than Lambert and that is difficult to do. You could turn the mixing board all the way up and take away his mic and he would still blow most people out of the water with his screeching.1. If everyone says Kris is like Jason Mraz, why didn't they just pick a Jason Mraz song2. Gokey is obviously going to make a gospel album, they should have picked a mainstream song from that genre (not that I would know what that would be)3. Why is everyone ignoring that Adam could do Axle Rose sung songs that pretty much nobody else could do, yet they pick Bono?
Yeah I pretty much agree with that (except the "aw, shucks" part - I fastforward all the talking parts). I've been thinking the Mraz thing for awhile too but last night, with the chance to chose anything and him choosing that, really made it clear.I don't really understand your parenthesis at the end.
Simon basically used the last couple minutes of last night's show to tell America to vote for Adam.
I noticed that too, they were louder than Lambert and that is difficult to do. You could turn the mixing board all the way up and take away his mic and he would still blow most people out of the water with his screeching.1. If everyone says Kris is like Jason Mraz, why didn't they just pick a Jason Mraz song2. Gokey is obviously going to make a gospel album, they should have picked a mainstream song from that genre (not that I would know what that would be)3. Why is everyone ignoring that Adam could do Axle Rose sung songs that pretty much nobody else could do, yet they pick Bono?
I have been waiting all season for Adam to do November Rain.
1 - no one wants a copy, they want a reinvention2 - yeah, i guess. then he wouldn't win.3 - i was really hoping that he would be asked to sing something like GnR or Journey (Don't Stop Believing as an Idol anthem? perfect!), U2 and Aerosmith were wasted on him
Simon basically used the last couple minutes of last night's show to tell America to vote for Adam.
I think his comments were almost necessary after the girls were done fellating him.
I have been waiting all season for Adam to do Get In The Ring.
FYP

I'm in agreement wishing that Adam had done a GNR song. I have a feeling they didn't have permission, he obviously would suit Axl's voice extremely well. I also agree that the backups singer were overpowering him, practically butchering the vocals.