Official Miami Heat 2008-2009 Thread

Heat just traded Marion /Banks to the Raptors for O'Neal/Moon. Marion gets what he wants, out of Miami.
Miami gets an oft-injured center who sometimes is really good. They get rid of Marcus Banks' contract. They get rid of Marion who wanted out. They clear space to get Beasley more minutes finally. Moon seems like an intriguing throw in. O'Neal's contract ends in 2010 so this deal is fine. Miami is clearly looking to re-sign Wade in 2010 AND also sign another big name (Bosh's name gets thrown out there a lot).Anyone know much about Moon's game.
Anyone know much about Moon's game.
Can jump through the roof.Will jump through the roof at every pump fake thrown his way. At Raptor games in my section we started chanting pump fake whenever he was guarding his man.He's afraid to go to the rim and use his hops, very soft player.Low basketball IQ and will take some really really dumb jump shots.Will make some great shot blocks because of his hops.A very nice guy and good story that he finally made it to the NBA after all those years in the minor pro leagues.
Can jump through the roof.Will jump through the roof at every pump fake thrown his way. At Raptor games in my section we started chanting pump fake whenever he was guarding his man.He's afraid to go to the rim and use his hops, very soft player.Low basketball IQ and will take some really really dumb jump shots.Will make some great shot blocks because of his hops.A very nice guy and good story that he finally made it to the NBA after all those years in the minor pro leagues.
very funny, it seems after all the pub he got last year that he has just disapeared off the face of the earth this season

Well, now they are renting Jermaine for a season. Almost feels like a blocker bet in poker to me: they get what could be a solid center (Udonis Haslem is doing backflips of joy), and they stop themself from doing anything to f*ck up their 2010 cap space.Almost feels like they did it to keep Wade happy enough (and the team competive enough) next year before the big resign.

• 1 month later...

Big day yesterday for the Heat.They beat the Knicks with Wade going for 55 (19 of 30 from the field....efficiency!). The sixers lost so the Heat locked up the 5 spot which is huge. They will have a tough time with Atlanta....but they avoided Orlando who was a matchup nightmare. I would put the Heat's odds of beating the Hawks at exactly 50/50.Going to start trying to find tickets for game 3.....

don't forget to bump the other thread to gloat about winning 42 games and making the playoffs.God Orlando has to be on cloud 9 right now.. Not only did they avoid the Pistons in Round One, they duck the Heat and end up with a Philly club on a 5 game losing streak backing their way into the playoffs.

don't forget to bump the other thread to gloat about winning 42 games and making the playoffs.God Orlando has to be on cloud 9 right now.. Not only did they avoid the Pistons in Round One, they duck the Heat and end up with a Philly club on a 5 game losing streak backing their way into the playoffs.
Orlando is gonna get the Bulls at this rate. So maybe its not all good news. They can handle Chicago though.I think I have made the point in the other thread enough. It was fun....but we all have said something silly before so I can let that Chicagoan off the hook. I thought Ryan Leaf was going to be great. Happens.

Chris Quinn is just dominating the 4th quarter/OT of an NBA game.I am going to go tape some paper wings to a piece of bacon and see what happens.