Official Miami Heat 2008-2009 Thread

Tired of talking Heat in other threads.Beasley had his best game of the year tonight. Guy just oozes talent. He will be a 21 and 9 guy within a couple years. When he starts hitting 3s, it will be on.Wade goes over 40 again. Same old, same old. Huge stepback three in OT to tie the game. Then he completely tricks Salmons on the game winning play lulling him to sleep and then exploding at the perfect moment to get to the rim.19 wins already. Should be able to get to 42 which will be more than enough to be the 6 or 7 seed. Wade, Beasley, Chalmers is a great young combo. They should be set at the 1,2,3/4 (Beasley is a hybrid) for a long time. Already wondering what a lineup of Chalmers, Wade, Beasley, Boozer and Haslem would look like. Looks versatile and the SG and SF in that lineup (Wade and Beas) are good enough rebounders to help out Udonis and Boozer on the boards. Thats a team that could contend if they can keep a few good players for the bench (need to keep Daequan Cook, Joel Anthony, James Jones, and Diawara). Add a backup PG in the draft of FA.Thanks again Phoenix.

Wade goes over 40 again. Same old, same old. Huge stepback three in OT to tie the game. Then he completely tricks Salmons on the game winning play lulling him to sleep and then exploding at the perfect moment to get to the rim.
MVP :club:
MVP :club:
It's him or Bron.Kobe wont win because he has finally learned to be a great teammate. That was really on display last night. He is completely aware that the Lakers dont need him to score 30+ anymore. So, he contented himself with being a distributor and going full out in playing D on Wade (he did a good job too, although Wade racked up the assists in the 4th quarter when Kobe was guarding him.Beasley would make a late push for ROY (his jumper is deadly from 13-20 feet) but he wont get the minutes since the Heat like him (for this year) as a 6th man.

The Heat are shopping Marion with the trade deadline approaching. What kind of player do you guys think they are looking for?

The Heat are shopping Marion with the trade deadline approaching. What kind of player do you guys think they are looking for?
Most likely trade will be with The Raptors for Jermaine O'Neal
Most likely trade will be with The Raptors for Jermaine O'Neal
Riley has lost his mind if he makes that trade.Why would you take J Oneals contract on? You know he'll be hurt five minutes after he gets there.
Riley has lost his mind if he makes that trade.Why would you take J Oneals contract on? You know he'll be hurt five minutes after he gets there.
O'Neal when he's been healthy has played pretty well this season for the Raptors and is exactly what Miami needs.His contract comes off the books in 2010 which is what they really care about. The free agents in 2009 are pretty weak and they may not want to tie themselves up to somebody this off season since that takes them out of 2010. There is a lot of concern out that about Boozer's knee problems and how that will work out longterm and he's the guy people think they will target if they have the free agent money in 2009.Of course he may only play half the games.

I'm interested in the JO'neal trade for Miami. I don't think he's going to add much offensively instead of Marion, especially with Haslem on the floor at the same time, but I think he could be a very handy defensive presence, bringing some real length and shotblocking presence.As for Toronto, I think to really move to the next level they do need another wing player, I'm just not sure that Marion is the right type. I thought they should target more of a slashing, hard working defensive wing player to complement Bosh and the three-point shooters.

I'm interested in the JO'neal trade for Miami. I don't think he's going to add much offensively instead of Marion, especially with Haslem on the floor at the same time, but I think he could be a very handy defensive presence, bringing some real length and shotblocking presence.As for Toronto, I think to really move to the next level they do need another wing player, I'm just not sure that Marion is the right type. I thought they should target more of a slashing, hard working defensive wing player to complement Bosh and the three-point shooters.
For both teams it's really a trade for players who aren't in the long term plans of either team but are a better match with the other team.The Raptors have Bosh and Bargaini and are weak on the wing so for this season Marion is a better fit. After this season it gives the Raptors a lot of cap room for this off season to fill in the holes in the roster which are considerable. I think they would rather remake the roster this off season than wait for 2010.For the Heat it appears that Riley cares more about cap room in 2010 than he does in 2009 and they are really really weak and small inside so having O'Neal gives them that inside presence defensively especially but he can still score inside as well and it doesn't tie their hands for 2010 when they will hope to hit a home run in the free agent market.
For both teams it's really a trade for players who aren't in the long term plans of either team but are a better match with the other team.The Raptors have Bosh and Bargaini and are weak on the wing so for this season Marion is a better fit. After this season it gives the Raptors a lot of cap room for this off season to fill in the holes in the roster which are considerable. I think they would rather remake the roster this off season than wait for 2010.For the Heat it appears that Riley cares more about cap room in 2010 than he does in 2009 and they are really really weak and small inside so having O'Neal gives them that inside presence defensively especially but he can still score inside as well and it doesn't tie their hands for 2010 when they will hope to hit a home run in the free agent market.
this.They are definitely eyeing one of the numerous talented players coming out in 2010. Bosh makes the most sense. his game would go great with Wade's. I would be fine with Boozer though. I think you could make nice lineup with boozer.
I'd just like to point out today on ATH Jackie McMullen used her face time to promote Wade for MVP.People are starting to take notice.
its about time. He has been fantastic this year and is dragging a young and constantly injured team to the playoffs.
its about time. He has been fantastic this year and is dragging a young and constantly injured team to the playoffs.
Exactly.Also LOL at how ESPN is trying to promote Lebron as a great defensive player, it's hilarious how biased they are based on "highlight" type plays.

I was Indianapolis last week and got to see the Heat play and that had to be one of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen by a team. Not sure if they are normally that bad on defense, but it was somewhat appalling to see.

If Kobe can't win the MVP in '06, Wade can't win this year.
I don't think he will win it, but when he is beating Lebron is 4 out of 5 major stats and leading a much younger and less experience and talent then he shoudl be in the discussion. That he largely gets ignored is ridiculous.I also like Kobe's chances of winning it now that Bynum is hurt if he carries the Lakers through the tough stretch they have ahead and keep the lead in the west.
I was Indianapolis last week and got to see the Heat play and that had to be one of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen by a team. Not sure if they are normally that bad on defense, but it was somewhat appalling to see.
they always lay an egg at Conseco. It is like clockwork.The Heat are very up and down defensively. Typical of a young team. Like tonight I went to the Heat Bobcats game. Miami played terribly. Just a pitiful performance especially guarding DJ Augustin. But they pulled it out because Charlotte is so bad it is scary. They need to get back on track. Marion looks terrible....they should trade him asap.

A snippet of an article I read recently I liked.

- Forgotten amidst injury, personal tragedy, and the disintegration of the Heat, Dwayne Wade used Beijing to put the world on notice. He was at times Team USA's best scorer, at other times its best defender. He was unquestionably its most physically intense and disruptive player. His passion made Wade the comeback story of basketball--forget just "Comeback Player of the Year"--and the only lingering questions about Wade centered upon degrees: just how devastating would he be? Well, now we know: he's leading the league in scoring, he blocks shots at a pace unheard of for a guard, and he is carrying a team bereft of a real point guard and much talent into the playoffs. Dwyane Wade has thus far assembled an MVP-like resume, much like he did over the summer.