Daniel, A Request For The Wsop

Hi Daniel,I know you're on the WSOP players committee and I know you usually read this forum. I know you're also dedicated to making the the WSOP the best it can possibly be.So here's my request/suggestion/question, whatever you want to call it:Why is there no Pot Limit 5 card draw tournament at the WSOP? Every single other type of poker known to man is pretty much represented. Even obscure games like 2-7 single draw, and triple draw are there. I know 5 Draw has kind of gone out of fashion, but it's a great game when it's played pot limit (preferrably 5 handed, but 6 is ok) and I'm sure that atleast as many people still play it as some of the other games that are in the Series. Was it not one of the more popular games out there at one time? And isn't it the first poker game that many of us were exposed to with our families around the kitchen table? I just can't believe that people would want to play a game like razz, or triple draw, but they wouldn't want to play 5 draw at the WSOP.People argue that there's not much skill in the game, but that's just a misconception and it's absolutely false. Of course 5 draw doesn't have the depth of strategy of the flop games, but poker is poker, and 5 draw has plenty of room for creative play. It's really a true "poker" game, since there's not really a lot of information to go on for each hand, and it's a real game of feel. Anyway, maybe you don't care or you don't like the game anyway, but I just thought I'd put it out there on the off chance you feel like throwing a little weight around and helping to get a "lost" game into the WSOP. It's really a shame that any form of poker should be left out of the world championship. Thanks for taking the time to read this.lind0

• 2 weeks later...

Badugi!! Are you.. a;dlkjgj;a!! what!! #*@#$%!!!! Did I just read they're making Badugi a bracelet event?? You cannot be serious. Badugi is in and 5 draw is not? What's next, give the Roshambo winner a bracelet? Make the main event 10K blind-man's bluff?I demand that the madness be stopped!! Throw this dog a bone, Daniel. Even if it's just me, you, and Crazy Mike Caro for the bracelet, we should have the chance to fight it out. We'll sit in the hallway of the Rio and play 5 draw until they sanction us. You're mine Caro, mine!! Bah... somebody get me a cocktail!!

badugi and 2-7 are way more popular than 5 card draw. when is the last time you have seen 5 card draw being spread in a card room? i have even seen a crazy pineapple game, but ive never seen a 5 card draw game.

badugi and 2-7 are way more popular than 5 card draw. when is the last time you have seen 5 card draw being spread in a card room? i have even seen a crazy pineapple game, but ive never seen a 5 card draw game.
I know it's not a popular game anymore, that's not the point. The point is that the WSOP is the world championship of poker, and virtually every single type of poker is (and should be) represented. The only type of poker that isn't represented is 5 card draw. I'm not calling for games to be elminated, I'm calling for a perfectly legitimate form of poker to be added. There are plenty of not-so-popular games in the WSOP. The NL 2-7 single draw event gets less than 100 players. When's the last time you saw that game spread? I don't even think they play it online (I haven't researched this though, so maybe I'm wrong), and I'm pretty sure that the people who enter the WSOP event play it about once a year... at the WSOP!!And I would argue that 5 draw does have atleast some appeal. There are tournaments and cash games at Pokerstars and Ongame that run every single day, and they have atleast as many players as other obscure games that are in the series. They even play 5 draw in the biggest online series, the WCOOP, and it draws over 1000 players. I don't recall exactly, but I think it might have been closer to 2000. How's that for obscure?Listen, all I want is two things... a five card draw tournament, and a cocktail. I don't know why it's taking so long. :club:

5 Card Draw is a very mechanical and straightforward game. Like 2-7, Badugi is a triple draw game and carries with it a lot of variables that don't exist in straight 5 Card Draw.

I love- LOVE- pot limit 5 card draw.Another one is good old fashioned Cincinnati Kid type NL 5 Card Stud, only played 1/3/1 instead of the 1/4 as seen in the movie (1/4 just doesn't leave enough to the imagination and can get too nitty) Sadly, the chances of these games being events at the WSOP is next to nil, but at a home game'ish type underground club I used to frequent, NL 5 Stud was played a lot in it's 1/3/1 form and everyone who tried it loved it. I found myself playing it more than NLHE for a while. Against aggressive players, it takes unlimited courage and you have to totally disconnect with the standard thresholds of quality, as far as what hands are worth comitting all your chips with. It's the pefect game for liars like myself- it has a unique rhythm all it's own. The cowards quit playing it in short order... One of the ultimate bully games.