Pca Live Feed 32 Down To 8

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that gregg guy really play unpredictable in online cash games? During broadcast yesterday they were saying things like that he sometimes plays about 20 tables. If you can do that and not have a robotic play and make profit... wow.I don't play cash games so I have no clue how hard the stakes are that he plays, but I doubt they are that easy. Maybe with some huuuge tracking database that he can predict everyones play?or is that 20-tabling just a false rumor?

the guy who won is a close friend of mine... was trying to get a flight out but none would land soon enough to make it. i think his "amateur" angle was way overplayed. he's made a lot online and was possibly buying in if he didnt qualify. his tournament record is actually even sicker than winning just this one.....http://www.cardplayer.com/players/results/...ya-Nazari/80086he's played about 10 live tournaments lifetime (not counting small local ones), he has 7 cashes, 5 final tables, and 2 wins. of course i had a piece of him in one where he didnt cash, and in the other 10k where he basically mincashed. if there was a deal, stars forces people to keep 300k in the prize pool - and that's always been the case (im pretty sure). so you cant ever really dismiss what people do because they didnt care.

Fwiw, Anthony Gregg is far better than anybody in this thread who thinks he plays poorly, including fluffdog (and i don't say that lightly, I know hwo good fluffdog is). Even though he made mistakes after playing 6 days or w/e of 12 hours straight, he's still one of the most disciplined, fundamentally sound poker players around. If you saw the house that he lives in (and owns at like 22) never playing higher than 5/10 and mostly 2/4 you'd have no doubt about how well he plays. Also, he's a really nice polite guy, and everybody who has ever met him or played with him is happy for him.
I thought he played well at the final table, but im not sure if that kind of hype is justified. im sure he does well for himself, but judging by tableratings, he does it through an insane work ethic rather than owning peoples souls and crushing tough games.
I thought he played well at the final table, but im not sure if that kind of hype is justified. im sure he does well for himself, but judging by tableratings, he does it through an insane work ethic rather than owning peoples souls and crushing tough games.
20-24 tabling mid stakes with a win rate above 2 PTBB really is crushing the games. There are only 2 other people I can think of off the top of my head that do it other than him. With so many people mass tabling these days, hourly rate really should be the measuring stick over win rate. Any of us that play a ton of tables could increase our win rate dramatically by playing 4 tables or whatever but what's the point in increasing our win rate if we lose money compared to playing more tables with lower win rate?
20-24 tabling mid stakes with a win rate above 2 PTBB really is crushing the games. There are only 2 other people I can think of off the top of my head that do it other than him. With so many people mass tabling these days, hourly rate really should be the measuring stick over win rate. Any of us that play a ton of tables could increase our win rate dramatically by playing 4 tables or whatever but what's the point in increasing our win rate if we lose money compared to playing more tables with lower win rate?
It's quite an accomplishment and no doubt he's a very very good player but being able to massively multitable mid stakes doesn't make somebody a great player on it's own. You're biased of course since this is what you do and from a strictly money making standpoint it's probably the correct thing for yourself and for him but that doesn't make him the best player at any of the single tables that he's playing at.Grinder said that he's a way better player than Fluff for example which I would argue with. Is he a better 6 max online player at midstakes, pretty good chance he is since that's his bread and butter. Is he a better heads up player than Fluff online ? Probably not since that's Fluff's main game. Is he a better live player than Fluff is ? Probably not since Fluff I think has more experience.In my book a player for example who is 2 tabling 25/50 and winning is probably a superior poker player to the player who is playing 16 tables of 2/4.He seems like a really good kid and my guess is that a lot of things that people have commented on where he could have done things better are just a matter of experience since playing live one table in a tournament is not something that he has a ton of experience in and he'll learn from this while he does smart things with his money.
It's quite an accomplishment and no doubt he's a very very good player but being able to massively multitable mid stakes doesn't make somebody a great player on it's own. You're biased of course since this is what you do and from a strictly money making standpoint it's probably the correct thing for yourself and for him but that doesn't make him the best player at any of the single tables that he's playing at.Grinder said that he's a way better player than Fluff for example which I would argue with. Is he a better 6 max online player at midstakes, pretty good chance he is since that's his bread and butter. Is he a better heads up player than Fluff online ? Probably not since that's Fluff's main game. Is he a better live player than Fluff is ? Probably not since Fluff I think has more experience.In my book a player for example who is 2 tabling 25/50 and winning is probably a superior poker player to the player who is playing 16 tables of 2/4.He seems like a really good kid and my guess is that a lot of things that people have commented on where he could have done things better are just a matter of experience since playing live one table in a tournament is not something that he has a ton of experience in and he'll learn from this while he does smart things with his money.
I don't disagree with anything you said but bthere plays all the way up to 10/20. I don't even know the guy I just know from what I know of him, personal experience, etc, that he is a really, really solid poker player. My main point was don't just look at his win rate and assume he is just clicking buttons. I have no doubt that if he 4 tabled 10/20 and down he probably would be the best player at his table most of the time. I could be entirely wrong but I don't think so.