Need Feedback On Home Tourney For Wsop Me Buy-in

18 guys...CA$800 buy-in...10 sit-n-go tables per person over 3-4 months...points awarded for finishing 1st-9th each week...overall winner gets WSOP ME buy-in + ~$2K for travel (etc...), and 50 or 60% equity in any WSOP cash (with the rest being allotted to other players depending on final ranking). Also there is a proposal that each player gets their $800 investment back in the event of any ME cash before the rest of the prize is distributed.I've got my own opinions about this proposal, but I'd be interested to hear what others think. Thanks in advance.

18 guys...CA$800 buy-in...10 sit-n-go tables per person over 3-4 months...points awarded for finishing 1st-9th each week...overall winner gets WSOP ME buy-in + ~$2K for travel (etc...), and 50 or 60% equity in any WSOP cash (with the rest being allotted to other players depending on final ranking). Also there is a proposal that each player gets their $800 investment back in the event of any ME cash before the rest of the prize is distributed.I've got my own opinions about this proposal, but I'd be interested to hear what others think. Thanks in advance.
What about giving every player a percentage of the overall winner in the ME so that there is added incentive to cheer him/her on during the WSOP ME. For example, you could give every player 1% of the eventual winner and perhaps give the runner up a bonus 10% of the winner (so that it's not quite a winner-take-all scenario).In that situation, the winner of your home tourney would keep 74% of any winnings, the runner-up would get 10%, and the remaining 16 guys would get 1%.EDIT: Perhaps I should read your *entire* post before clicking the reply button. I see that you already have that in mind, and I think that's a good idea.Good luck!