World Of Warcraft Thread

Ehh been WoW free for 3 months now and I'm putting it back on my computer :club: anyway who else is into that pixelated meth?

Never played it but thinking about doing so for some reason. I have no idea where to begin though. What is there, like different expansion packs or what not?And how much is the monthly subscription.

is it even any fun for a noob?
ehh probably, most of the fun I had in WoW was doing all the dungeons and playing all the classes and being really thorough, I never even got to end game really.
and shouldn't this be in the entertainment forum?
sorry i don't hang around ot much mods can move it if they want.
ehh probably, most of the fun I had in WoW was doing all the dungeons and playing all the classes and being really thorough, I never even got to end game really.sorry i don't hang around ot much mods can move it if they want.
Well I played Diablo II online a bit and it always sucked when some 499 brazillion lvl shmuck would just repeatedly wipe you out and steal your shit. so my concern is why would I want to join the party late?really? well this is where the cool kids are. Wanna cigarette? it's cool.
Well I played Diablo II online a bit and it always sucked when some 499 brazillion lvl shmuck would just repeatedly wipe you out and steal your shit. so my concern is why would I want to join the party late?really? well this is where the cool kids are. Wanna cigarette? it's cool.
you can play on a PvE server and thus not get killed by people who do nothing but hang out killing people 50 levels below them.I haven't played in well over a year...wonder if my toon is still in the database...doh!http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...rest&n=Hoyt
you can play on a PvE server and thus not get killed by people who do nothing but hang out killing people 50 levels below them.I haven't played in well over a year...wonder if my toon is still in the database...doh!http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...rest&n=Hoyt
they do the same thing with Ultima Online's characters...all it takes is a log-in and you're character will return
I was really hoping for a Night Elf Mohawk. Mr. Condescending Director.

My brother is an addict and I was for a while. I've got a 70 mage, havent played LK yet.My brother was the 1st human pally on his server to level 80. His guild has cleared all endgame content, so he's a bigtime addict.http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...en&n=Patpatthis is his off-spec set. his holy set is fully tiered from LK.I'm lucky I got out when i did

Ehh been WoW free for 3 months now and I'm putting it back on my computer :club: anyway who else is into that pixelated meth?
I had some fun a few months back playing EQ on an EMU server. Was neat to see it all again and relive my glory days. But it's impossible to put in the amount of time needed to get anywhere once you get Deep into collegeA familyA real jobor just about anything else that passes off as a real life. You can't turn back the clock forever.And I always found there was a breaking point in the whole whack-a-mole goodness where it really became a job in and of itself. That's when the fun element disappears and it becomes work. good lord I remember eating a bunch of taco bell and freaking out when the cable modem went down lol.One surprising thing in my experience is the majority of the people I bumped into were always educated, cerebral, and amazingly well-adjusted. I think it speaks to the nature of something focused primarily on goal-achievement, battleplanning,and problem-solving and the people such an enterprise attracts. Being successful in such an environment should almost be usable on a job application as a positive.

My wife liked that type of games, so I got it for her a year ago, and she is addicted. So after a while I thought I'd try WoW (after all, she tried poker for me), and there is a lot to be said for it.As a first person shooter, it's pretty good.As an social game, excellent. I'm not into it for that, but some people seem to live for finding other people to team up with.I personally like the technical aspects of the game -- the formulas, the math behind it. You don't need to know that stuff to play, but for people who like it you can spend weeks reading about why +3 AGI is better or worse than +5 INT for a healing Pally, and the people who know that stuff are the ones who make it to endgame stuff most easily.Another of my favorite parts is the attention to detail -- humorous conversations that go on between the local citizens, the puns and pop references. I'm not addicted, but I do play most days. If I'm away from it for a few days, I don't really miss it at all. I just think it's more entertaining than turning the TV on.I've got a lvl 78 healing druid, a lvl 69 DPS Shaman, and a lvl 60? Paladin. I tried a solo mage but got sick of dying every other fight. And yes, I have a life outside the game. It's taken me about a year to get those three that high.Frankly, there are long stretches of tedium at this point, but I'm so close I'm determined to get at least the first two to lvl 80. If you get a good group, instances/dungeons are great fun, if you get a bad group, they are torture. That's one reason why the social aspects of the game annoy me, they are so hit-and-miss.If you never played before it's really not difficult to get started. The first 10 levels are trivially easy and are designed to get you familiar with the game. Then you spend the next 20-30 levels getting new skills and learning how to use them. Then you start learning about groups and more complex situations. The enemies start throwing new tricks at you and you have to figure out better ways to use your abilities.

After playing Ultima Online for a few years I have given up on MMORPG's. They take up way to much time.
I also played Ultima Online for 8 years. I was a gold broker for MarkeeDragon.com for many years. I played on Sonoma. I actually have an account active still that holds our castle and very old rare items etc..

I've never played WoW, but I played Asheron's Call for about 5 years. I quit when my gf moved in, lol, but I will admit it took up waaaay too much time. And playing on a non-PvP server is Le Gay. I mean, who wants to just run around collecting shit for nothing? I got my ass handed to me many times on Darktide (aka Dorktide), but I also won a bunch of battles and it's pretty exciting.

I've got a lvl 78 healing druid, a lvl 69 DPS Shaman, and a lvl 60? Paladin.
My Death Knight is lvl 75.. working to get her to 80. Then I re-start playing my Priest that is 70 to get her to 80. I don't get to play every night etc.. so it is slow going for me.
They never purge characters.They have a amazing retention and resubscription rate, deleting unused characters would hurt it.I've played on and off since the friends and family alpha, some friends started playing again about 3 months ago and I've been playing with them occasionally since the expansion hit (tichondrious/horde/pvp). Last night we finished off the only raid content we had not completed in the expansion yet.Cappy since you played EQ the new expansion has a lot in common with SoV, it's really good but a bit to easy.
And playing on a non-PvP server is Le Gay. I mean, who wants to just run around collecting shit for nothing?
The problem I have with PvP servers is that there are just too many jerks in the world. There are lots of people who get fun out of making other people's game miserable. So you are a lvl 40 and you walk out and 3 level 50s come down and kill you for fun and stalk you to make sure you can't do anything except die.Players on PvE servers have the option of becoming PvP at any time, but it is when and where you choose. Your enjoyment of the game does not depend on the whims of some retarded 16 y/o with too much time who thinks that ruining other people's fun is a worthwhile use of time.

I actually had more PvP kills on the PvE server than I did with my other two characters, a undead mage and an undead warlock, on PvP servers. People are glad to flag themselves ready for battle on PvE servers but you can do it when you have a chance unlike me giving up my undead mage because I had about 5 quests in Hillsbrad and there I am about lvl 2x and it is filled with 70's killing anything that moves. It is the price you pay to play on a PvP server but it gets old quick. I really want to play now but I have no desire to install it and then go through the countless patches....

It is the price you pay to play on a PvP server but it gets old quick.
It makes playing with friends more important.Also I have a ton of fun right now mind controlling people outside of Naxx and tossing them to their deaths.