As the title implies is this fold ok? Villain has not done anything out of the ordinary.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00+$0.10 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 25 Ante (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB (t1580)Hero (BB) (t4110)UTG (t910)MP1 (t2110)MP2 (t1285)CO (t1950)Button (t3055)Hero's M: 7.47Preflop: Hero is BB with 5 :ts, A :club:UTG raises to t885 (All-In), 6 foldsTotal pot: t800

with blinds that big and his stack, and ur stack, and the pot odds.... thats a instacall, imo
I would agree in a regular structure. Not so sure in a DoN given that he can just protect his stack and fold to a win most likely.

I think this is marginal at best. It really depends on how you play these. I mult-table up to 8 of these at a time and because of that once I have a stack your size I dont get involved with anything but premuim hands. you can fold to a win. here It may drag out the game a little but you are in absolutely no danger of not winning this one. I know it isn't a ton of chips to lose but what do you have to gain?just let this hand go and focus on another table.

I took out the first 3 players in one of these, once, had over 4500 chips, and manged to finish 7th. I figured I'd "help out the table" by adding pressure to the other players every chance I got once the blinds hit 200. It backfired, obviously. Then I took a couple bad beats and pretty soon, I was shortstacked. Lesson learned.With a stack that size, why risk 25% of it with a call that might be 60/40, when you're probably 95% to win the tournament otherwise? If you call and lose, you're around 3K and most of the rest are around 2K with no real short stacks. At that point you're no longer invulnerable.I say let the rest of the table battle it out unless you get a real nice hand. These are basically like satellites, where under certain circumstances, it can even make sense to fold AA preflop (but this would not be one of them).

fold it unless you're pissed off at the shover ldo
lol this response rings a bit truer than what one usually would get in the strat forums. :club:

Eh, it's only 600 more to Hero so he can lose this and still be in very good shape to survive the bubble. Besides the villain in this hand there are 2 or 3 other players who are very short and will be under a lot of pressure.I say take a shot at ending it now.

I would agree in a regular structure. Not so sure in a DoN given that he can just protect his stack and fold to a win most likely.
turns out im a donk and didnt read the title properly to know its a double or nothing, I thought he mis-spelled "donk"... :club:
I took out the first 3 players in one of these, once, had over 4500 chips, and manged to finish 7th. I figured I'd "help out the table" by adding pressure to the other players every chance I got once the blinds hit 200. It backfired, obviously. Then I took a couple bad beats and pretty soon, I was shortstacked. Lesson learned.
Exactly right. The other players benefit if hero makes this call; hero, not so much.I think what makes more sense in one of these, particularly when you get 6 handed, is when a shorty shoves UTG and the whole table (except maybe the next shortest stack) calls. But the players at this table just sloughed it all off on the BB.
Exactly right. The other players benefit if hero makes this call; hero, not so much.I think what makes more sense in one of these, particularly when you get 6 handed, is when a shorty shoves UTG and the whole table (except maybe the next shortest stack) calls. But the players at this table just sloughed it all off on the BB.
That's because the shorty's stack can really cripple all teh other players at the table