Antonius Accepts Durrrrs Challenge Also....

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/artic...rrs-poker-offerhttp://www.cardplayer.com/tv?clip_id=352701st Ivey now PA !High stakes cash player Patrik Antonius called Card Player today to officially announce that he, too, will take up Tom “durrrr” Dwan on his poker challenge.Dwan first discussed his poker challenge last month, saying that he would put up $1.5 million to anyone’s $500,000 if his opponent could beat him over 50,000 hands at $200-$400 stakes at four online tables in either hold’em or pot-limit Omaha.Phil Ivey told PokerRoad.com yesterday that he would take up the cause, and Antonius confirmed today that he has accepted the challenge as well.Dwan told Card Player TV (the video is embedded at the bottom of this article) that there are a number of players considering the challenge, and that he will try to play everyone. As of today, Antonius and Ivey are the only players who have officially accepted the offer.Below, Antonius discusses Durrrr’s challenge, his chances in it, and his mindset.Card Player: What went through your mind when you first heard about Durrrr’s poker challenge?Patrik Antonius: It sounded too good to be true. I tried to figure out what would be the trap there and I still haven’t really figured it out. But I’m sure he’s really thought about it. For sure, he’s one of the best at the moment. It’s like Phil Ivey says. He plays anyone, and everybody knows that. I’m basically the same. I mean, obviously I would not play him if it was just even because there’d be much better games out there. But it’s pretty interesting. Even if I lose, it’d probably help my game a lot. I really hate losing though.CP: Have you contacted Tom yet?PA: We call and text. He just texted me something about golf this morning. I just feel weird, calling him, and saying, ‘Hey, I’m going to play you.’ I don’t think any of us at this level take poker personally. If you take it personally, I don’t think you’re going to make it this far. You have to take poker with a very cold mentality. Every single day, you’re analyzing everything. It’s going to be fun. I don’t know how hard it’s going to be to play, because he said you have to re-load when you go under 75 big blinds. But what if you do go under and you play a couple hands? Is that like breaking a rule? Also, I’m a very busy man with my friends and my traveling. I’ll have to see how our schedules are going to work. Maybe a couple hours here and there, maybe sometimes we won’t play for a week. It might take a very long time.CP: Have you talked about some of those details with Tom?PA: I saw the rules. The way I was going to do it… well, I think it’s going to take 80-90 hours. I haven’t even calculated it. I was just doing the math in my head. But it’s probably going to take a few months. If it looks like either of us is going to lose really bad, and there’s like 10,000 hands left or something, I guess you can just quit and pay, right?CP: Would you consider quitting early if you were down a few million?PA: Probably not. I would play until the end. I would just take a little break or something. Sometimes, you just know when you’re not playing your best and it’s better to back away and get yourself in a better mindset.CP: Have you ever heard of a heads up challenge like this before?PA: Nope. There’s a lot of people that talk, but they back off. CP: When do you plan on starting this challenge with Durrrr?PA: I can start whenever. Basically, I can play whenever I have time to play online. I wonder how it’s going to work, because I don’t want to force myself to play and he doesn’t want to force himself to play either. Maybe some days, the online games will be so good that we don’t want to play each other that day. I really don’t want to play if there’s good action going on. I want to play when there’s no action going on online. It might take a year.CP: How much experience do you have playing against Tom?PA: A lot. It’s been a very fun time. I can’t say how much I respect his game. He has a unique style. You have to be a very unique player to be able to have that style. I think if any other player would try to play with the same style, they’d have huge problems at the big game.CP: Are you going to be playing him in hold’em or pot-limit Omaha?PA: I think I’m going to pick PLO. I just have more experience from that game. The funny thing is, I think I’ve done better against Tom in no-limit hold’em heads up, but I think I have a better chance in PLO. It’s very hard to have a player drawing very, very thin. The fact that he’s offering $1.5 million against $500,000… I think PLO is a smarter choice probably. But I don’t really mind. My no-limit hold’em game is very good at the moment.I wonder if one day we can decide to play no-limit hold ‘em, and the next day we play PLO. If I’m ahead, he’ll probably want to play PLO. If it’s very close at the end, it’s going to be very interesting. I don’t know how to even think about that yet.CP: What do you think about Phil Ivey accepting the challenge?PA: I think Phil is going to play before me. That’s my guess. But I don’t mind playing first; in fact I would like to play first. I just can’t promise with the time schedule. I’m sure Tom has more time than I do, since I’ll be traveling and spending time with my family.CP: Who has the better shot of beating Durr — you or Ivey?PA: I mean, it would be kind of stupid to not say me. But Phil Ivey — I’ve said it so many times before — he’s the greatest that I’ve played. He just has something that most people can only dream of. I don’t know how he does it. He just thinks differently. He’s a very smart guy. It’s going to be very interesting to see how they play. In fact, I might want to play second to see how they play.CP: Do you think you’re going to sell a piece of yourself in this challenge?PA: I don’t think so. If I sell a piece of my action, I’ll sell it to someone who I think is lucky for me. First of all, I don’t want to keep track. I just think I play better poker when more money is on the line.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd guess 10 mil.
I would guess he has way more. Last year highstakesdb had him up like 5.5 mil alone. Not to mention previous years, stakees, etc.Oh yeah, and his family is loaded too, so I am sure his net worth was more than fine before poker.
I would guess he has way more. Last year highstakesdb had him up like 5.5 mil alone. Not to mention previous years, stakees, etc.Oh yeah, and his family is loaded too, so I am sure his net worth was more than fine before poker.
qft
So, looking at the info on biggest winners/losers for the day, did Durr and Antonious start their heads up battle?
Durr and Antonius playing heads up 500/1000 pot limit hold em/pot limit omaha right now. they're both playing on several other tables right now too, maybe this is just a warm up or something
Durr and Antonius playing heads up 500/1000 pot limit hold em/pot limit omaha right now. they're both playing on several other tables right now too, maybe this is just a warm up or something
Looks like a whole lotta sittin out to me
Deginimine has also accepted and is the first match via P5's
From Pokerroad.com/Barry Greenstein's "Tuesdays w/ Ivey" Convo (w/ guest David Oppenheim) David Oppenheim accepted for Degyamine. Oppenheim is apparently going to be investing inseveral players, including DB.Link:http://www.pokerroad.com/tuesdays_with_ivey/1-13-09/Benyamine HU at 4 table of PLO should be very interesting. Obviously this whole this is MUY INTERESANTE !Dan
  • 1 month later...

its on the have 4 tables going nice to see they have there own tables lol called durrs challenge 1 2 3 4 one hand just happenedFull Tilt Poker Game #10702500644: Table durrrr Challenge 2 - $200/$400 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6:51:58 ET - 2009/02/18Seat 1: durrrr ($37,749.50)Seat 2: Patrik Antonius ($52,245.50)Patrik Antonius posts the small blind of $200durrrr posts the big blind of $400The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Patrik Antonius raises to $1,200durrrr calls $800*** FLOP *** [6d Ah 3d]Mark Vos (Observer): this isnt as fun as i hoped dohdurrrr has 15 seconds left to actMark Vos (Observer): was planning to rail a lotMark Vos (Observer): i think we need ziggydurrrr checksPatrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius checks*** TURN *** [6d Ah 3d] [Ad]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius checks*** RIVER *** [6d Ah 3d Ad] [Kc]durrrr bets $999Patrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius has requested TIMEPatrik Antonius raises to $4,400durrrr has 15 seconds left to actdurrrr raises to $9,700Patrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius has requested TIMEPatrik Antonius calls $5,300*** SHOW DOWN ***durrrr shows [7c 4s As 6c] a full house, Aces full of SixesPatrik Antonius mucksdurrrr wins the pot ($21,799.50) with a full house, Aces full of Sixes*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $21,800 | Rake $0.50Board: [6d Ah 3d Ad Kc]Seat 1: durrrr (big blind) collected ($21,799.50)Seat 2: Patrik Antonius (small blind) mucked

Full Tilt Poker Game #10702642675: Table durrrr Challenge 1 - $200/$400 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 7:09:43 ET - 2009/02/18Seat 1: durrrr ($58,495.50)Seat 2: Patrik Antonius ($51,496)Patrik Antonius posts the small blind of $200durrrr posts the big blind of $400The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Patrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius raises to $1,200durrrr calls $800*** FLOP *** [2c 4h Jc]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius bets $2,400durrrr calls $2,400*** TURN *** [2c 4h Jc] [9s]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius bets $6,400durrrr has 15 seconds left to actdurrrr raises to $26,400Patrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius raises to $47,896, and is all indurrrr calls $21,496Patrik Antonius shows [4s 3h 5d Jd]durrrr shows [8d 8c 2d 2s]*** RIVER *** [2c 4h Jc 9s] [Qs]Patrik Antonius shows two pair, Jacks and Foursdurrrr shows three of a kind, Twosdurrrr wins the pot ($102,991.50) with three of a kind, TwosPatrik Antonius adds $40,000*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $102,992 | Rake $0.50Board: [2c 4h Jc 9s Qs]Seat 1: durrrr (big blind) showed [8d 8c 2d 2s] and won ($102,991.50) with three of a kind, TwosSeat 2: Patrik Antonius (small blind) showed [4s 3h 5d Jd] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Fours

go durrrr!!!!!The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Patrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius raises to $1,200durrrr calls $800*** FLOP *** [2c 4h Jc]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius bets $2,400durrrr calls $2,400*** TURN *** [2c 4h Jc] [9s]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius bets $6,400durrrr has 15 seconds left to actdurrrr raises to $26,400Patrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius raises to $47,896, and is all indurrrr calls $21,496Patrik Antonius shows [4s 3h 5d Jd]durrrr shows [8d 8c 2d 2s]*** RIVER *** [2c 4h Jc 9s] [Qs]Patrik Antonius shows two pair, Jacks and Foursdurrrr shows three of a kind, Twosdurrrr wins the pot ($102,991.50) with three of a kind, TwosPatrik Antonius adds $40,000*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $102,992 | Rake $0.50Board: [2c 4h Jc 9s Qs]Seat 1: durrrr (big blind) showed [8d 8c 2d 2s] and won ($102,991.50) with three of a kind, TwosSeat 2: Patrik Antonius (small blind) showed [4s 3h 5d Jd] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Fours

wtf hahahahahahahah such checksFull Tilt Poker Game #10702685857: Table durrrr Challenge 4 - $200/$400 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 7:15:07 ET - 2009/02/18Seat 1: durrrr ($40,798.50)Seat 2: Patrik Antonius ($79,190.50)Patrik Antonius posts the small blind of $200durrrr posts the big blind of $400The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Patrik Antonius raises to $1,200durrrr calls $800*** FLOP *** [8h 6h 7h]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius bets $2,000durrrr has 15 seconds left to actdurrrr calls $2,000*** TURN *** [8h 6h 7h] [2h]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius bets $5,200durrrr has 15 seconds left to actdurrrr calls $5,200*** RIVER *** [8h 6h 7h 2h] [3d]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius checks*** SHOW DOWN ***Patrik Antonius shows [Ah 6c 5s 9s] a straight, Nine highdurrrr shows [5c Th 9h Jd] a straight flush, Ten highdurrrr wins the pot ($16,799.50) with a straight flush, Ten high*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $16,800 | Rake $0.50Board: [8h 6h 7h 2h 3d]Seat 1: durrrr (big blind) showed [5c Th 9h Jd] and won ($16,799.50) with a straight flush, Ten highSeat 2: Patrik Antonius (small blind) showed [Ah 6c 5s 9s] and lost with a straight, Nine high

durrrr flopping the nuts...Full Tilt Poker Game #10702685857: Table durrrr Challenge 4 - $200/$400 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 7:15:07 ET - 2009/02/18Seat 1: durrrr ($40,798.50)Seat 2: Patrik Antonius ($79,190.50)Patrik Antonius posts the small blind of $200durrrr posts the big blind of $400The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Patrik Antonius raises to $1,200durrrr calls $800*** FLOP *** [8h 6h 7h]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius bets $2,000durrrr has 15 seconds left to actdurrrr calls $2,000*** TURN *** [8h 6h 7h] [2h]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius has 15 seconds left to actPatrik Antonius bets $5,200durrrr has 15 seconds left to actdurrrr calls $5,200*** RIVER *** [8h 6h 7h 2h] [3d]durrrr checksPatrik Antonius checks*** SHOW DOWN ***Patrik Antonius shows [Ah 6c 5s 9s] a straight, Nine highdurrrr shows [5c Th 9h Jd] a straight flush, Ten highdurrrr wins the pot ($16,799.50) with a straight flush, Ten high*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $16,800 | Rake $0.50Board: [8h 6h 7h 2h 3d]Seat 1: durrrr (big blind) showed [5c Th 9h Jd] and won ($16,799.50) with a straight flush, Ten highSeat 2: Patrik Antonius (small blind) showed [Ah 6c 5s 9s] and lost with a straight, Nine high

looks like Patrik is getting owned from what I can see so far...anybody know if he was up before this downswing? Such a sick challenge!!!