Korn Has A (relatively) New Drummer

Best? Eh. Playing a stupidly large kit doesn't make you the best. There are better drummers who play amazing pieces with 5 pieces instead of 40. He is more of a novelty imo.
Dude, just go and listen to the guy play on any late 70's Zappa album. Incredible technique and touch, with a truly melodic flair and understanding of a massive array of genres.
*insert a Korn sucks comment here*
I generally concur, however, I dig Bozzio.
Dude, just go and listen to the guy play on any late 70's Zappa album. Incredible technique and touch, with a truly melodic flair and understanding of a massive array of genres.I generally concur, however, I dig Bozzio.
I am familiar with Bozzo. Didn't say he was bad, just argued that he was not the best.
Do you have a "best"?
I couldn't pin it down to one single person. I look up to a lot of different drummers like obv Buddy Rich, Keith Moon, Stewart Copeland, Pert, Elvin Jones, Max Roach and I always get a hard on when Shannon Larkin plays live.lol and my "Bozzo" was completely unintentional but awesome at the same time.
I couldn't pin it down to one single person. I look up to a lot of different drummers like obv Buddy Rich, Keith Moon, Stewart Copeland, Pert, Elvin Jones, Max Roach and I always get a hard on when Shannon Larkin plays live.lol and my "Bozzo" was completely unintentional but awesome at the same time.
Hehehe...didn't notice the Bozzo. Anyway, sure, it's always debatable, as there are no criteria on which to base "best" on, so statements should be taken with a grain of salt...I'd put up Genesis era Phil Collins, Neil Peart from Rush and Art Blakey as some other phenomenal drummers. So there!
ainecalso a big mitch mitchell fan
Best? Eh. Playing a stupidly large kit doesn't make you the best.
This. Though Bozzio's work with Zappa is excellent. Say what you will about Korn being a crappy faux metal band, Their "Skat Metal" in Freak on a leash is the greatest vocal ever recorded.

Korn used to be my favourite band when I was growing up but their switch to a 4-piece sucked the life out of them. I never bought another album. I saw a few shows with backing musicians all wearing masks an came to the conclusion that Jonathon is losing his marbles Axl style. Then saw another show with Joey Jordison playing drums, and as much as I love Joey his sound wasn't right for Korn. Remains to be seen what this latest novelty will do, I'll probably check it out out of curiousity.Cheers for posting.

Limp Bizkit > Korn? Thoughts, Mac?
Oh.. this is an interesting question.... in terms of sheer musician ship, you can't get any worse than limp biscuit, and of course that means Limp>Korn. Also, "Nookie" might be one of the most hilarious songs ever made.. and, if we could include Fred Durst's solo work, they would probably winTake, for example, red light/ green light, featuring the worst rap of all time..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nGbC2Aik5IThat said....... Scat Metal still makes me laugh way too much, and I have to give the edge to Korn...In a sleeper, though, is SoD over both of them.... their Toxicity album is hilarity from start to finish.