• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's interesting that there's usually a line of players waiting to play Gus Hansen heads up at his omaha table when he's not even logged in, but Ivey will be sitting there waiting to play yet nobody is hopping in.

it's interesting that there's usually a line of players waiting to play Gus Hansen heads up at his omaha table when he's not even logged in, but Ivey will be sitting there waiting to play yet nobody is hopping in.
no, actually that's not interesting at all..commonsensical maybe.
no, actually that's not interesting at all..commonsensical maybe.
Yeah incase you're new to High stakes, Gus Hansen is massive whale to all the nosebleed PLO regs.
Yeah incase you're new to High stakes, Gus Hansen is massive whale to all the nosebleed PLO regs.
well i get it that playing Hansen heads up as opposed to Ivey would be a better proposition. but in the case of someone like durrr who is apparently quite hungry for some action, why wait in line to play one person but not jump in to play the other? he's obviously not afraid to play anyone or his challenge would have stipulated "open to anyone in the world except for..."(i assume his exclusion of Phil Galfond is more about their being good friends than fear of losing to him)

It's been a long time since I've gotten excited about something I've seen pros do in televised NLHE tournaments. I was watching some of the 2008 NBC HU tournament, and it's Gus vs Ivey in the quarter finals. Ivey has about a 2 to 1 chip lead, effective stacks in the neighborhood of 40BB:Ivey limps the SB with :club::D, Gus checks his option with :5c :4hFlop: :4h:qh:ts (pot 2BB)Hansen leads 1BB, Ivey makes it 4BB, Hansen calls.*Turn: :3h (pot 10BB)Hansen checks, Ivy bets 8.75x, Hansen folds.Later on, Ivey ends up winning the match, and Gus asks him what he had on the 754 flop. Ivey answers, and asks what Gus had. Gus says "Pair" and instantly Ivey says "Pair and a straight draw?"Anyway, it certainly wasn't worth a thread, but it reminded me of when I used to love watching poker on tv and be impressed by the way these guys think about the game, whether that be recall or hand reading or whatever. I stuck it in here because of the HU, Ivey, and Gus relavancies.*At this point in the hand, I really thought he should ship it with a lot of equity and likely FE, but I haven't played a hand of nlhe probably at least 6 months.

It's been a long time since I've gotten excited about something I've seen pros do in televised NLHE tournaments. I was watching some of the 2008 NBC HU tournament, and it's Gus vs Ivey in the quarter finals. Ivey has about a 2 to 1 chip lead, effective stacks in the neighborhood of 40BB:Ivey limps the SB with :club::D, Gus checks his option with :5c :4hFlop: :4h:qh:ts (pot 2BB)Hansen leads 1BB, Ivey makes it 4BB, Hansen calls.*Turn: :3h (pot 10BB)Hansen checks, Ivy bets 8.75x, Hansen folds.Later on, Ivey ends up winning the match, and Gus asks him what he had on the 754 flop. Ivey answers, and asks what Gus had. Gus says "Pair" and instantly Ivey says "Pair and a straight draw?"Anyway, it certainly wasn't worth a thread, but it reminded me of when I used to love watching poker on tv and be impressed by the way these guys think about the game, whether that be recall or hand reading or whatever. I stuck it in here because of the HU, Ivey, and Gus relavancies.*At this point in the hand, I really thought he should ship it with a lot of equity and likely FE, but I haven't played a hand of nlhe probably at least 6 months.
didn't wanna go broke in a limped pot.

this challenge is not going to happen durr is on monkey tilt right now down sooooo much this year so farFull Tilt Poker $500/$1000 Pot Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 13746The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.comGus Hansen (BB): $36397.75durrrr (BTN/SB): $83594.25Pre Flop: ($1500.00)durrrr raises to $3000, Gus Hansen calls $2000Flop: ($6000.00) 6 6 J (2 players)Gus Hansen checks, durrrr bets $4200, Gus Hansen raises to $12000, durrrr calls $7800Turn: ($30000.00) 4 (2 players)Gus Hansen requests TIME, Gus Hansen bets $21397.75 all in, durrrr calls $21397.75River: ($72795.50) J (2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $72795.50Gus Hansen shows J 5 (a full house, Jacks full of Sixes)durrrr shows 6 Q (a full house, Sixes full of Jacks)Gus Hansen wins $72795.00(Rake: $0.50)Gus Hansen: sickdurrrr: im gonna quit u soondurrrr: ur too goodGus Hansen: loldurrrr: this is 2x the sickest rundurrrr: ive ever been ondurrrr: in pokerdurrrr: i dont know what to think

Gus Hansen: sickdurrrr: im gonna quit u soondurrrr: ur too goodGus Hansen: loldurrrr: this is 2x the sickest rundurrrr: ive ever been ondurrrr: in pokerdurrrr: i dont know what to think
Yep, as of today, according to highstakesdb.com, durrrr is down almost 3.25M for the month :club:
Yep, as of today, according to highstakesdb.com, durrrr is down almost 3.25M for the month :club:
Somewhere in Vegas there is an old man in a cowboy hat smiling ....

irrelevant to the topic of this thread, but didnt feel like it was new thread worthy, how fricking disgusting is this kind of stuff?Ziigmund: lets take 1 flipZiigmund: philZiigmund: heyZiigmund: lets take 1 flipPhil Ivey: how much?Ziigmund: what do u thin+kZiigmund: ????Phil Ivey: what u have in front of u?Ziigmund: when i flip i really flipPhil Ivey: hahahaZiigmund: ok all inPhil Ivey: k this hand for what u have in front of uZiigmund: ok gl m8Phil Ivey: thx u2Ziigmund: 247QPhil Ivey: j10 6 4Ziigmund wins $383,993Phil Ivey: nicePhil Ivey: u pay for drinks nex time lolZiigmund: i willZiigmund: gg sleepZiigmund: later

irrelevant to the topic of this thread, but didnt feel like it was new thread worthy, how fricking disgusting is this kind of stuff?Ziigmund: lets take 1 flipZiigmund: philZiigmund: heyZiigmund: lets take 1 flipPhil Ivey: how much?Ziigmund: what do u thin+kZiigmund: ????Phil Ivey: what u have in front of u?Ziigmund: when i flip i really flipPhil Ivey: hahahaZiigmund: ok all inPhil Ivey: k this hand for what u have in front of uZiigmund: ok gl m8Phil Ivey: thx u2Ziigmund: 247QPhil Ivey: j10 6 4Ziigmund wins $383,993Phil Ivey: nicePhil Ivey: u pay for drinks nex time lolZiigmund: i willZiigmund: gg sleepZiigmund: later
GAMBOOL!Sick.....
lol get your gamble on
GAMBOOL!Sick.....
lol get your gamble on
Totally, just a world I cant even begin to fathom. Flipping a coin for $200K. Thats a mortgage that takes most people 30 years to pay off and Ivey is like nice, haha you pay for drinks next time, teeeheee hooo hoooSFG
Totally, just a world I cant even begin to fathom. Flipping a coin for $200K. Thats a mortgage that takes most people 30 years to pay off and Ivey is like nice, haha you pay for drinks next time, teeeheee hooo hoooSFG
Even though I know it would ever happen with Ivey, it would be really sad if one day he had lost it all and looked back on flips like that with regret