• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I naive to think that in addition to the previously stated (valid) reasons for Durrrr to make this challenge, he's just trying to generate some action where he has an edge?

This. Durr is the only one who's going to benefit, publicity-wise. Ivey already is recognized as the world's best.
It struck me as one of those " In order to be the man you have to beat the man " type things when I first read about the challenge.I look forward to seeing who blinks first.
Am I the only one that get's this is a joke?Galfond and Dwan are best friends and they said they'd never play each other HU, Phill or the Dang brothers would never ever accept this challenge even if it was open to each other.
Apparently. Why would I know the inner workings of the friend circle of some online poker players?
It struck me as one of those " In order to be the man you have to beat the man. Woooooooooooooooo! " Ric_Flair_-_Wooooo.jpgtype things when I first read about the challenge.I look forward to seeing who blinks first.
FYP

I can't wait to see how this all turns out...I think Durrrr gave too good of odds with the 3-1...you know he's going to get action even if its 2-1.

I just can't find a reason for durrrr to lay 3 to 1 odds to Ivey , Antonius or Sami. It is not like these guys avoid durrrr and don't give him any action or anything. They will play any game and any stakes with durrrr anytime he wants , they won't back off. And when durrrr makes a challenge like this , he knows this challenge will be accepted by one of these players only. It is not like Mike Matusow or anyone else will accept it. I can't find my tinfoil hat but i think there is something we don't know about this challenge. It doesn't make any sense.

I just can't find a reason for durrrr to lay 3 to 1 odds to Ivey , Antonius or Sami. It is not like these guys avoid durrrr and don't give him any action or anything. They will play any game and any stakes with durrrr anytime he wants , they won't back off. And when durrrr makes a challenge like this , he knows this challenge will be accepted by one of these players only. It is not like Mike Matusow or anyone else will accept it. I can't find my tinfoil hat but i think there is something we don't know about this challenge. It doesn't make any sense.
Does Sammy Fartha even play on line? I'd say Durr has a large edge against sammy in multi table heads up online PLO...
Does Sammy Fartha even play on line? I'd say Durr has a large edge against sammy in multi table heads up online PLO...
I mean Sami Kelopuro aka LarsLuzakEdit : Btw that's a transsexual in your sig , right?

Much ado about nothing. They won't take it to anywhere near the end without buying it out. These kinds of challenges are just ways to spark interest in the poker community, with behind the scenes action so nobody gets really hurt. (Yawn). Fanboys will be all atwitter I'm sure. :club:

I think the main thin is that no one will 4 table for a significant amount of hands anymore, which is what he really wants from this challenge. Tbh, I think it's far far more about the challenge than the money.
Much ado about nothing. They won't take it to anywhere near the end without buying it out. These kinds of challenges are just ways to spark interest in the poker community, with behind the scenes action so nobody gets really hurt. (Yawn). Fanboys will be all atwitter I'm sure. :club:
No way Ivey or Durrr will quit eachother before the 50k whatever the results (unless one goes busto). It has nothing to do with sparking interest in the poker community or anything like that, Durrr just wants to play.
I think the main thin is that no one will 4 table for a significant amount of hands anymore, which is what he really wants from this challenge. Tbh, I think it's far far more about the challenge than the money.No way Ivey or Durrr will quit eachother before the 50k whatever the results (unless one goes busto). It has nothing to do with sparking interest in the poker community or anything like that, Durrr just wants to play.
Durrr made the bet because he thinks he has an edge. I don't think he was thinking about sparking interest in the poker community when he made the challenge.

Speaking of tin foil hats, I'm not sure I'd be laying Ivey those odds when he's playing on a site he's part owner of. Speaking of which, Full Tilt is going to be gaining tons of publicity for this. I'd have to wonder how much they're putting into this. It definitely seems like they will be the big winner when all is said and done.

Speaking of tin foil hats, I'm not sure I'd be laying Ivey those odds when he's playing on a site he's part owner of. Speaking of which, Full Tilt is going to be gaining tons of publicity for this. I'd have to wonder how much they're putting into this. It definitely seems like they will be the big winner when all is said and done.
Are you of the tin foil hat wearing contingent? By the look of this post I'd say yes.

What kind of BR Durrr does Durrr have? He better be careful as I think he is down over $2M in the last couple of days. He might be running thin by the time they actually start the challenges. I know he said he plans to play some golf in Australia and pretty much admitted he will be losing a ton of money while doing it. Nicelife.org?

No.

Jan 13 2009It was quite a successful day for Gus Hansen in heads-up Pot-Limit Omaha action. His biggest success came against high stakes young gun Tom “durrrr” Dwan as they played two sessions of $500/$1000 PLO on Full Tilt Poker table Hansen Knockout. Their first meeting featured 159 total hands played over a two and a half hour span where Hansen racked up $313K in winnings. Almost six hours later, they met up again and Hansen took down another $172K in just 20 hands. That gave the Great Dane an impressive $485K+ total win over Dwan. That win catapulted Hansen to an overall $752K win in 596 hands played against four different opponents at his table. After the Antonius versus Dwan battle concluded, the $500/$1000 Pot-Limit Hold’em/Omaha games on Full Tilt Poker would gradually start up and run into the early morning hours of the following day. Tom Dwan was able to win back over $384K of his previous losses after playing another 435 hands on tables Ivey, Ivey Mix, and Hansen Blender. Man oh man, the swings over 50K hands are just going to be puke grosse.

What kind of BR Durrr does Durrr have? He better be careful as I think he is down over $2M in the last couple of days. He might be running thin by the time they actually start the challenges. I know he said he plans to play some golf in Australia and pretty much admitted he will be losing a ton of money while doing it. Nicelife.org?
He's a trust fund baby. Mommy and Daddy are loaded.
No, Full Tilt isn't going to gain an insane amount of publicity for this? No, their downloads aren't going to be significantly increased because of this? Ummm, yes.
How do you figure? It's not like they're advertising this or if they are I haven't seen the commercials. The people who will "tune" for these matches will be those who are currently involved in the online community.
No, Full Tilt isn't going to gain an insane amount of publicity for this? No, their downloads aren't going to be significantly increased because of this? Ummm, yes.
No, they're not.They're not advertising it on TV, they're not buying spots on radio shows, they're not promoting it in news papers. So far, Full Tilt has done nothing to publicise this, and they won't do. The only people that are excited about this are the people that already know who Tom and Phil are. This isn't Chris Moneymaker or rounders, it's a big event insider the poker community but it's not going to bring in anyone that wasn't into poker beforehand.