I have no clue if anyone has ever discussed this before.I'm really into stand up.I thought we could do a thread where people talk about their favorite show/comedian, etc.Me: Eddie Murphy......Delirious.*For the record I have seen a ridiculous amount of stand up. This is just the best imo.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a pure stand up comedian I think its hard to top Geroge Carlin for his careers longevity and relevance. He was doing edgy shit right up until he died. Seen a lot of stand ups come and go and make a 20 year career out of being a one trick pony. Chris Rock is hillarious and judging from his last special he may have a similar career as Carlin in staying edgy and relevant over a long span of time. Eddie Murphy Raw and Delirous were hillarious but he never really followed them up so he cant be a all time great imo.

Ron White
He's a genius. I was really impressed with his stuff. Saw him for the first time doing the Blue Collar deal. I felt sorry for Foxworthy because he had to follow him.Having said that, I also watched Ron White's earlier stuff and he wasn't nearly as funny. I guess it takes time....
My answer, though...Andy KauffmanSteve MartinEddie IzzardEddie MurphyChris RockChappelleDon Rickles (unintentionally funny)Rodney Dangerfield ( same) Doug Stanhope
I just adore anyone who adores Eddie Izzard.
Yes but he's an executive transvestite.
Nice. I was trying to figure out a way to work that in there. I couldn't which explains at least partly why my name isn't bandied about in conversations about comedians such as these.

Jimmy Carr is a delight to watch. If you haven't caught his standup, I highly recommend it.Louis C.K. is great as well. His latest DVD is a great, great showcase of his talent.

I know, I just realized.Perhaps we can ask a mod to move it?
looooolI saw Carlos Mencia live and he was hilarious. I really enjoyed the show.

my real answers would be Hedberg and, I know a lot of people hate him...but Larry the Cable Guy. The "git r done" thing is annoying...but seriously, his technique and actual routine are great.