For A Better Understanding Of Why We Own, Or, Should Own / Carry A Gun.

yes after the car behind me backed up enough to allow me to escape
So lets do a scenario. You lock the doors and eventually he leaves. You hit the pedal and get out like you did. You make noise and people come help. You have a gun and shoot at him, he in turn unloads on your car. Yep thats much safer.
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're trying too hard to be funny and it isn't working.How's work going?you chose poorly
1. I wasnt even trying to be funny.2. Dont you ever ask me about my work.3. What does that even mean? This isnt Indiana Jones.
I was going to post how great it was then I let it be. It was observational humour, hence the retarded comment.
I knew I liked you.

I think having a gun in the home for protection is OK as long as the proper safety precautions are taken. People carrying them seems like a bad idea. Having a gun doesn't increase your chances of getting out of a situation any better, in fact in most cases it probably increases the chance you will be killed. SlapStick's scenario pretty much illustrates why.

So lets do a scenario. You lock the doors and eventually he leaves. You hit the pedal and get out like you did. You make noise and people come help. You have a gun and shoot at him, he in turn unloads on your car. Yep thats much safer.
13 in the clip .40 cal I don't think I'll be firing one and I highly doubt there will be any return fire
I think having a gun in the home for protection is OK as long as the proper safety precautions are taken. People carrying them on them seems like a bad idea. Having a gun doesn't increase your chances of getting out of a situation any better, in fact in most cases it probably increases the chance you will be killed. SlapStick's scenario pretty much illustrates why.
I disagree
being you live in Ireland I wouldn't expect you to understand. I suppose broken beer bottle fights with some english guy over futball is prob about as bad as it gets for u
I have the Kel-tec .380 with 2 spare clips. I often have to go back out to my truck, because I forget I have it on, and it is illegal to carry in the bar. I have a CWP and carry it. The glove box is too far away in my truck. If I have to shoot someone in the face again, I will not lose any sleep.
Yeah, that's my problem is I don't like leaving my guns in the truck but my .40 is too big and heavy for front pocket carry. My .22 is about the right size (still a little big) but it's a .22...
13 in the clip .40 cal I don't think I'll be firing one and I highly doubt there will be any return fire
OK, so lets say you kill the guy and are dubbed a hero and the local TV crew is all over it. You do interviews and are a "local hero". Meanwhile the guy you shot, his fellow gang-banging buddies are planning payback and finding out everything about you so they can kill your family when you(with your gun) aren't around to protect them. Sounds far-fetched but dealing with people that have nothing better to do, it seems right up their alley.
OK, so lets say you kill the guy and are dubbed a hero and the local TV crew is all over it. You do interviews and are a "local hero". Meanwhile the guy you shot, his fellow negro gang-banging homies are planning payback and finding out everything about you so they can kill your family when you(with your gun) aren't around to protect them. Sounds far-fetched but dealing with people that have nothing better to do, it seems right up their alley.
racist

When people carry guns, it seems so easy for a real bad argument to end up with someone pulling out a gun to 'solve the problem'. It's sad, real sad. People always argue that "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". If no one carried than most arguments that got out of control would result in fist fights and not someone dead on the street because of 1 bad decision while carrying a gun.

being you live in Ireland I wouldn't expect you to understand. I suppose broken beer bottle fights with some english guy over futball is prob about as bad as it gets for u
Cough, IRA BOMBINGS, cough cough.just sayin..
The 'suicide' and 'unintentional' are the ones I'm pointing out by posting that.
I actually think suicide is one of the best reasons to own I gun.. I think people completely have the right to kill themselves, if that's their desire, and a gun shot wound to the head is one of the easiest and most effective ways.
Um if this isn't a level, wow.BTW, Slapstick is currently chilling in the Gaza strip dodging the Palestinians.
And this ^
I actually think suicide is one of the best reasons to own I gun.. I think people completely have the right to kill themselves, if that's their desire, and a gun shot wound to the head is one of the easiest and most effective ways.
Rule of thumb: Put the gun in your mouth. It's easy to survive a gunshot wound to the head; there's a lot of stuff up there that could be scrambled but that you could survive without. If you swallow the bullet, it's going to hit your brain stem and shut off your heart, and you'll die almost immediately.
Rule of thumb: Put the gun in your mouth. It's easy to survive a gunshot wound to the head; there's a lot of stuff up there that could be scrambled but that you could survive without. If you swallow the bullet, it's going to hit your brain stem and shut off your heart, and you'll die almost immediately.
Hollow point or terminal ballistics should take care of the problem here.9mm%20Jacketed%20web.JPG
lol
Um if this isn't a level, wow.BTW, Slapstick is currently chilling in the Gaza strip dodging the Palestinians.
I just ate and really had no energy to respond to a post like that, so these suited me nicelyEdit: Just in case it appears I'm acting all cool or tough, I'm pretty safe in Tel Aviv, its a country at war and my best friend got called up, but I will pretty much be fine
You seem pretty confident for a guy who bought his gun yesterday.
And his penis grew 3 inches instantly
When people carry guns, it seems so easy for a real bad argument to end up with someone pulling out a gun to 'solve the problem'. It's sad, real sad. People always argue that "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". If no one carried than most arguments that got out of control would result in fist fights and not someone dead on the street because of 1 bad decision while carrying a gun.
/thread honestly I just showed this thread to a whole bunch of people I know, they are shocked as amI. The mind set alot of americans have is scary. you should turn off fox news. you say your not paranoid but carry a ****ing gun to mow the lawn?!?!?!? I thought that was a joke at first but realized you were serious. totally on suited's side on that one. Plaxico burress deserved to shoot himself. Call me crude, but until the US stops allowing every yo-yo to carry arms LEGALLY while mowing the lawn the murder and violence wont ever get much better.