What Have You Done That 99% Of Fcpers Have Not?

A spare, some patches, spokes, a full toolbag, and a thumb for when it was beyond roadside repairable. Just outside Pittsburgh, Kansas, I had my rear wheel disintegrate and had to hitch a ride into town. The guy at the shop dropped everything he was working on and built me a wheel on the spot. The kindness of strangers was one off the most amazing things I discovered on this trip.*L*T*
That's really cool. Did you ever get lonely during the trek? I mean, beside its being physically challenging, it must be mentally challenging too?
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

• Electrically stimulated my brain with transcranial magnetic stimulation. • Been on stage at Carnegie Hall during a concert ( as part of an entourage, didn't play )• Sat with the monks in this temple

That's really cool. Did you ever get lonely during the trek? I mean, beside its being physically challenging, it must be mentally challenging too?
Immensely so. But I got into the introspective nature of my trek. Took serious stock of my life and where I was going with it. It was a transformative experience to say the least. The monotony of the road at times was ovewhelming. But, the nice thing about touring, as opposed to "going out for a ride", is the whole "point A to point B" aspect. Seeing things in micro instead of macro (i.e. seeing the trees instead of the forest). And the people I met along the way, people I still have friendships with, are what made the journey so rich. As well as the memories. I'd do it again if my body would let me. But unfortunately, I'm closer to 50 than 25, and no matter what I want, I have to face the reality that touring across the country with full gear is a brutal endeavor. Now if I could get my wife to follow me in a sag wagon.......... :club::ts:4h *L*T*
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
THIS IS GOLD..made me laugh, and havent stopped.
pfffLurbz sicknesshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psf7gRqBj_w

Over the past 16yrs I've been to:AmsterdamSpainSicilyKuwaitGermanyFrance JapanMalaysiaSingaporeSouth KoreaBahrainQatarDubaiJebel AliIrelandSaudia ArabiaMarshall IslandsAustraliaSaseboAll without a passport and while carry a gun :club:

this thread is such bragaments but kind of fun- got hit in the head with a 9-iron when i was 6, got 16 stitches, still have harry potter scar- won school and district spelling bees in grades 7 and 8, made final 3 in state in 8th grade lol nerdaments- went to d.c. as finalist in the voice of democracy essay contest in h.s. but got pwnt- went down on a chick in college with gum in my mouth and uh..lost it...she later mentioned she had to 'cut it out' and i immed thought of uncle joey- played a show and partied w mark and tom from blink before they blew up- played a show with travis from blink before he was in blink (he was in a band called the aquabats)- sang at a papal mass at st. peters in the vatican- sang at st. francis in assisi (also italy), church at the top of the spanish steps in rome, notre dame in paris- lost ~$250k in 1 second trading when they announced the reopening of 30-year treasuries and made most of it back after tripling down- made ~$20-50k in 1 second a few times on terrorism rumors in '04/'05- worked 48 hours straight then immed drove 12 hours to get to my grandma's funeral- rented a car and drove from vegas to chicago straight through solo only stopping for food/bathroom- doubled through john juanda in the wsop m.e.- composed and sold music for a bunch of commercials- lived with bizzle in vegas for a summer and lived to tell the tale
Too much amazing stuff in here. Finally decided to read. Literally have spent hours reading and have to call it quits at the halfway point. Looking forward to part two someday. Had to quote this one because the blink and travis w/ aquabats thing is just awesome, and I also have a harry potter scar. It was nice to see someone else shares the mystical powers.Thought(s): MBN holes in ones. I feel a bit empowered now that I've never shat myself knowing that so many good men have. Here's my late contributions:-Also owner of harry potter lightning bolt-Attended michael jordan basketball camp between 9-10th grade after my mom won it through a grocery store contest (autographed, framed jersey FTW) Also a team picture that placed me next to MJ and Eddy Curry was on our team. He was a 7-8th grader. He was already an inch taller than MJ at 6'7. Crazy.-Got to take BP/fielding before a few chi sox baseball games as a kid-Was on TV with Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari for a segment of their I Bet You show.There's other random stuff I'm sure.....but after reading many pages of tornado survival and chilling with monks at the most amazing location ive ever seen....everything i think of seems quite marginal