Reflection And Clarification.

I have no idea what has happened as I have been away from the computer for a few weeks. But I'd just like to say (and maybe I shouldn't because of my blind knowledge!) that Steve always constructs interesting topics and posts, and in the brief moments I have spoke to him on IM he has always been polite and helpful.20$ on FT did we agree Steve? K thanks.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what has happened as I have been away from the computer for a few weeks. But I'd just like to say (and maybe I shouldn't because of my blind knowledge!) that Steve always constructs interesting topics and posts, and in the brief moments I have spoke to him on IM he has always been polite and helpful.20$ on FT did we agree Steve? K thanks.
I think I've been up for a looooong time, it took me a minute to figure out whether or not I owed you $20 on Full Tilt....If it was Stars that would be one thing. But Tilt just boggled my mind.Yeah, I hope you and Sam had fun on your trip.

I can't remember a day when I was not brutally honest with others or acted in a way that was unbecoming while at the table.So you challenge me to HU4ROLLZ for being honest about how your posts come off selfish on a bunch of occasions? I mean, brutally honest people should appreciate brutal honesty and maybe instead of challenging me and getting defensive, you could try to be objective and look at how some of your posts can come off sort of selfish, that's all.

I hope you stay around Steve. You have said some things in the other threads that were rather inappropriate, but were perhaps said in the heat of the moment. I think you have a lot to offer the FCP community and I hope everyone can put this behind them, forgive and forget.

Get over it. I have my own way of using punctuation. :club:
Hey I love that quote, lmaoand I am going to add it to my signature
I can't remember a day when I was not brutally honest with others or acted in a way that was unbecoming while at the table.So you challenge me to HU4ROLLZ for being honest about how your posts come off selfish on a bunch of occasions? I mean, brutally honest people should appreciate brutal honesty and maybe instead of challenging me and getting defensive, you could try to be objective and look at how some of your posts can come off sort of selfish, that's all.
I was out when this happened, can someone fill me in on anything not covered by looshle? My opinion - steve seems to be a stand-up guy and I would personally be saddened to see him withdraw from FCP. And no I haven't been in his program.

I've always appreciated the majority of Steve's posts and think that for the most part he's been a valuable member of this community. I've always wished I could afford his training because I really think I could benefit from him. Steve, I hope you stick around and I'd love to see more life with... threads.

Steve, I know I've come off as harsh against you in past posts, so I'm not expecting you to take this for a whole hell of a lot, but here's the advice I can offer you.I think that part of some of the animosity that comes off towards you is rooted in the fact that at least in GenPoker, you seem to only post in threads you create, or threads that are about you. This imo is the real life equivalent of talking, or speaking to a crowd. Joining conversations that other people create and don't necessarily pertain to a thread you created is the internet forum form of "listening" if you will. I feel like to truly be seen as a part of the community, no matter what stakes you play, no matter how many people love you or hate you, you must be willing to "listen" as well as talk. It's just my opinion, so just take it for what you will.

Steve, I know I've come off as harsh against you in past posts, so I'm not expecting you to take this for a whole hell of a lot, but here's the advice I can offer you.I think that part of some of the animosity that comes off towards you is rooted in the fact that at least in GenPoker, you seem to only post in threads you create, or threads that are about you. This imo is the real life equivalent of talking, or speaking to a crowd. Joining conversations that other people create and don't necessarily pertain to a thread you created is the internet forum form of "listening" if you will. I feel like to truly be seen as a part of the community, no matter what stakes you play, no matter how many people love you or hate you, you must be willing to "listen" as well as talk. It's just my opinion, so just take it for what you will.
Bingo. Quoting myself verbatim from the other thread, Steve never just "hangs out" around here
Bingo. Quoting myself verbatim from the other thread, Steve never just "hangs out" around here
And I think that's fine. A lot of people have a lot of better things to do than spend time on here, especially if you don't play online much or talk poker strategy online much. It's fine, and I understand where they're coming from. I think that people can be valuable contributors to FCP without spending much time here, but I think that to be a "member of the community" you have to be around on at least a somewhat regular basis, and be willing to "listen" as well as "talk".
And I think that's fine. A lot of people have a lot of better things to do than spend time on here, especially if you don't play online much or talk poker strategy online much. It's fine, and I understand where they're coming from. I think that people can be valuable contributors to FCP without spending much time here, but I think that to be a "member of the community" you have to be around on at least a somewhat regular basis, and be willing to "listen" as well as "talk".
thisis good.
I think this hit the nail on the head, tbh.
First I wanna say that I have no problem with Steve and I think he has helped many members of this community. This that said...I have for the most part skipped over the past few Steve drama threads, but I just wanted to point of the one thing that I think has led to the core of the problem. I don't know if this has been said before. Every single time I see Steve post, it is in a thread he makes himself, often (like this) even makes a new thread that specifically refers to an old thread (not sure if the last one got locked). While I don't specifically have a problem with any of this, it is not really how most forum communities work, and some cases it is called trolling.I think this is why Steve comes off more like a sales man, when you don't post in other peoples threads, you don't feel like part of the community.
I agree with this post more than I agree with Zimmer's post. Wait I agree with Zimmer. I agree
Yes, in retrospect I should have been more objective.
This is a great point, and it's something that I never thought about. But it makes sense to me.

I'll say this as a poster that has had no interaction with Steve at all: I enjoy his posts tremendously. The melodrama that sometimes comes on internet message boards toward posters that have knowledge or are willing to impart knowledge cannot be avoided for several reasons, most of them human ego and other pride issues. Steve is exactly what is needed on any poker message board: a voice of reason, calmness, knowledge and overall, an interesting individual. No one individual will ever be universally loved on the internet...its impossible. But this forum would be poorer for his absence. Bottom line.

Yes to what Cwik said about only creating threads etc.I basically agreed with most of what the people coherently "attacking" you said, I'm just glad you didn't quit and will continue to be around.

Yes, in retrospect I should have been more objective.
I def shouldn't have posted in the way I did, but after so many posts that kinda came off in the same manner, made me think that just who/the way you were and that there would be no real reason to expect you to be able to look back at your posts objectively. My bad for coming off the way I did in my first couple of posts.
I def shouldn't have posted in the way I did, but after so many posts that kinda came off in the same manner, made me think that just who/the way you were and that there would be no real reason to expect you to be able to look back at your posts objectively. My bad for coming off the way I did in my first couple of posts.
Hug it out????