• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, so I'm starting with $10 and playing ring game NL hold'em online at PokerStars. A few rules:1. I won't move up in limits unless I have 500 big blinds for that limit. I'm starting at $0.01-$0.02 w

Posted Images

Daniel cool to see you still updating us on this challenge.Hows it going so far? How are you finding the micro games?I Believe that Daniel will Suceed in this poker Challenge.It wont be easy but his will power, determination, & self discipline will see him through to the End.This really tests your patience and mind.The fact that Daniel doesnt need the money makes this challenge more important to me anyway.This is very time consuming indeed.

Limp? Get it fixed... I raised!
lolI had your game in the background while I was PWNING $.20/$.40 8 game so I missed tha initial raise.I did notice your table image was very tight. I don't think I saw you play more than 3 hands total...

Hey Daniel!Where is you bankroll at? You have motivated me to do the same kind of challenge. I have had success in the past; however, I had horrible bankroll management. I started with $50 on pokerstars and currently built my bankroll to $107.47 playing .01/.02NL. I have a blog updating my poker adventure at http://omgjtt.blogspot.com/ if anyone is interested. Best of luck with your challenge. What stakes are you currently playing?omgjtt

Limp? Get it fixed... I raised!
I'm interested in knowing how big your bankroll is atm.. I'm sure you'll reach your goal eventually, just hang in there big boss.I decided to do my first deposit 500xBB (0.01/0.02$) having played on and off a few years with play money. Cheap as I am, saving a lot for an upcoming vacation, I just deposited 10 bucks. Luckily I encountered Daniel's blog at about the same time so it's giving me a lot of motivation and inspiration. I have no hurry and even though it's micro staked poker I still get quite a rush from winning "mini monster pots?"(lol) and playing a winning strategy seeing the bankroll going up, up and further up. Maybe I'll post a blog soon like the guy above, if I do I'll be sure to put in a link here.Eddie
It's just showing you how much rake you are paying while you play, which is why so many people refuse to play without rakeback. It adds up.
Yeah. Number one reason I won't play at pokerstars.And I signed up with full tilt before I knew about rakeback, so now I cannot play there either. Oh well. Lucky for me there SO many other poker rooms and networks :club:
Yeah. Number one reason I won't play at pokerstars.And I signed up with full tilt before I knew about rakeback, so now I cannot play there either. Oh well. Lucky for me there SO many other poker rooms and networks :club:
Rake does add up but I don't mind it much.

Anyone know if Daniel is still doing this challenge? Has anyone seen him play? If so, what is his bankroll at? I think this is a cool idea and would love to see more updates.

Im in line waiting for a shot to play you Daniel, im 19th out of 89 on the waiting list, lolzEDIT : Weeee 17th

Thanks for the update. I am playing on stars also. I am using a much more conservative bankroll approach. This helps me from tilting and dealing with variance. My $50 bankroll is now at $138.45 after 17,793 hands. This includes me moving up to .02/.05 and losing 2.5 buy ins. This happened a few days ago. I am going to wait until $150 before moving up again. When you were starting your poker career what kind of bankroll requirements did you have in place? I used to play $1/$2 NL with anywhere from $500-$2,000 but had major tilt issues since the money was all I had. Since practicing good bankroll management it is rare for me to even tilt. Best of luck with your challenge and hopefully we both run up nice bankrolls!

i havent played at any tables latly but i will soon, but when i play i tend to play omaha n nolimit tables, 0.05/0.10 tables once i double up at some tables i stay to double up the recently doubled up cash, n leave. but when i leave the tables and go to ther tables i get suked out having aces or in omaha ace-ace-6-5 suited both ways n as it always happens i get suked out by a str8, missing my flushes n lose the pot, but i learned theat i can play 8-9-10-j as a top hand cuz it has potental of suking out the high cards on str8s or 2 pairs, or even flushes i can beat. in no limit i played 0.10/0.25 table n was up a few bucks n went on to .50/1.00 table later on that night n guess what happend, i had the rockets the late guy raised my raise of 5x to 12x n i moved allin, then he showed 2 pair Q-9, i lost 50 bux right there n had a bankroll of 13 again. i learned this the hard way that i cannot move up the stakes unless i got insurance to play once again in that stakes. so guess im gonna stay at 0.05/0.10 tables for a little while more once i get some more ps cash. anyway i heard that daniel had a challange to move up from 10 to 100,00 so i decided to try it too but i got trashed too fast last time but im gonna try again n use my last experiance this time. good luck to yall at the tables.oh i forgot one thing i was gonna post up here, bout 2 years ago i played in a 16 player or so $80 tournament, i was getting some cards at first n folded sometimes, then i jus couldnt fold 7-2 off, so i raised 6x n got called n reraised by the same player to his allin, so i thought n thought why my guts were stoppin me from folding, so i wanted to fold but i couldnt, so i called he had about 70% of my stack n i was left to about 27%-30% at the most so i called, it took me a good 2-3 mins to call, so the community came 5-A-4 which was noo good for me so the dealer turned a 6 the board was a rainbow then the table said only a 3 can beat you now they told the guy, so it came....the miricle 3. i had the chip lead now n ended up in 3rd place. thats one thing ill never forget in my poker lifetime, now i use that hand sometimes at the times my gut calls it. n works 70% of the time. jus like a doyle brunson with his 10-2...j/k. it was amazing for me. worst hand starting hand in poker againest the best starting hand. wow! :club:

i havent played at any tables latly but i will soon, but when i play i tend to play omaha n nolimit tables, 0.05/0.10 tables once i double up at some tables i stay to double up the recently doubled up cash, n leave. but when i leave the tables and go to ther tables i get suked out having aces or in omaha ace-ace-6-5 suited both ways n as it always happens i get suked out by a str8, missing my flushes n lose the pot, but i learned theat i can play 8-9-10-j as a top hand cuz it has potental of suking out the high cards on str8s or 2 pairs, or even flushes i can beat. in no limit i played 0.10/0.25 table n was up a few bucks n went on to .50/1.00 table later on that night n guess what happend, i had the rockets the late guy raised my raise of 5x to 12x n i moved allin, then he showed 2 pair Q-9, i lost 50 bux right there n had a bankroll of 13 again. i learned this the hard way that i cannot move up the stakes unless i got insurance to play once again in that stakes. so guess im gonna stay at 0.05/0.10 tables for a little while more once i get some more ps cash. anyway i heard that daniel had a challange to move up from 10 to 100,00 so i decided to try it too but i got trashed too fast last time but im gonna try again n use my last experiance this time. good luck to yall at the tables.oh i forgot one thing i was gonna post up here, bout 2 years ago i played in a 16 player or so $80 tournament, i was getting some cards at first n folded sometimes, then i jus couldnt fold 7-2 off, so i raised 6x n got called n reraised by the same player to his allin, so i thought n thought why my guts were stoppin me from folding, so i wanted to fold but i couldnt, so i called he had about 70% of my stack n i was left to about 27%-30% at the most so i called, it took me a good 2-3 mins to call, so the community came 5-A-4 which was noo good for me so the dealer turned a 6 the board was a rainbow then the table said only a 3 can beat you now they told the guy, so it came....the miricle 3. i had the chip lead now n ended up in 3rd place. thats one thing ill never forget in my poker lifetime, now i use that hand sometimes at the times my gut calls it. n works 70% of the time. jus like a doyle brunson with his 10-2...j/k. it was amazing for me. worst hand starting hand in poker againest the best starting hand. wow! :ts
Come sit at one of my tables :club: lol jk, thats crazy though
i havent played at any tables latly but i will soon, but when i play i tend to play omaha n nolimit tables, 0.05/0.10 tables once i double up at some tables i stay to double up the recently doubled up cash, n leave. but when i leave the tables and go to ther tables i get suked out having aces or in omaha ace-ace-6-5 suited both ways n as it always happens i get suked out by a str8, missing my flushes n lose the pot, but i learned theat i can play 8-9-10-j as a top hand cuz it has potental of suking out the high cards on str8s or 2 pairs, or even flushes i can beat. in no limit i played 0.10/0.25 table n was up a few bucks n went on to .50/1.00 table later on that night n guess what happend, i had the rockets the late guy raised my raise of 5x to 12x n i moved allin, then he showed 2 pair Q-9, i lost 50 bux right there n had a bankroll of 13 again. i learned this the hard way that i cannot move up the stakes unless i got insurance to play once again in that stakes. so guess im gonna stay at 0.05/0.10 tables for a little while more once i get some more ps cash. anyway i heard that daniel had a challange to move up from 10 to 100,00 so i decided to try it too but i got trashed too fast last time but im gonna try again n use my last experiance this time. good luck to yall at the tables.oh i forgot one thing i was gonna post up here, bout 2 years ago i played in a 16 player or so $80 tournament, i was getting some cards at first n folded sometimes, then i jus couldnt fold 7-2 off, so i raised 6x n got called n reraised by the same player to his allin, so i thought n thought why my guts were stoppin me from folding, so i wanted to fold but i couldnt, so i called he had about 70% of my stack n i was left to about 27%-30% at the most so i called, it took me a good 2-3 mins to call, so the community came 5-A-4 which was noo good for me so the dealer turned a 6 the board was a rainbow then the table said only a 3 can beat you now they told the guy, so it came....the miricle 3. i had the chip lead now n ended up in 3rd place. thats one thing ill never forget in my poker lifetime, now i use that hand sometimes at the times my gut calls it. n works 70% of the time. jus like a doyle brunson with his 10-2...j/k. it was amazing for me. worst hand starting hand in poker againest the best starting hand. wow! :club:
Funny how fishes always remember the 1 time they win with a hand like this, and forget about the 1000 times they lose.
Funny how fishes always remember the 1 time they win with a hand like this, and forget about the 1000 times they lose.
Hi guys, and Daniel. Is Joe Hachem trying to do the same thing as Daniel? Or maybe it is just a part of their "contract" with PS...cuz i saw him playing at $0.02 two days ago.Did i miss something?ps : Daniel, i'm reading your book actually. It's really a great book imo, i would recommend it to everybody.
  • 2 weeks later...
What name do you play under? My "gut" tells me to sit at your tables haha

I have sent you Daniel $0.01 maybe a couple of times in the last two months. Forgot that you were doing this challenge but I hope that I didn't destroy it nowGL

I have sent you Daniel $0.01 maybe a couple of times in the last two months. Forgot that you were doing this challenge but I hope that I didn't destroy it nowGL
:club:
yeah it might sound like fish, but i been playing for 6 years n won more cash in real tables then online...im real deep in online playing but prolly made a good 5-6 K in real tables with average buyin of 20 bux....and jus gonna say i remembered this hand cuz it was cool...n tnx for replying
  • 3 weeks later...

hi jus updating my last few days of poker at the tables so here it isbuy in left with up to my note game date 2.00 4.35 +4.35 up nl june 72.00 3.50 +5.85 nl2.00 6.70 +10.55 good nl2.00 0.00 -8.55 nl2.00 3.10 +9.65 nl2.00 0.00 -7.65 nl june 82.00 0.00 -5.65 nl2.00 0.00 -3.65 tilting nl2.00 0.60 -2.25 nl2.25 4.24 +4.24 nl2.00 0.00 -2.24 nl2.00 6.65 +6.89 good up nl2.00 3.10 +7.99 nl2.00 17.40 +23.39 way up nl2.00 9.10 +30.40 nl june 93.00 0.00 -27.40 plo3.00 0.00 -24.40 plo3.00 0.00 -21.40 plo2.00 0.00 -19.00 nl3.00 0.00 -16.00 nl3.00 2.10 -13.90 nl2.00 1.15 -12.75 nl3.00 3.60 +13.35 nl6.00 1.50 -8.85 nl5.00 0.00 -3.85 nl3.00 0.00 -0.85 nl june 90.85 2.34 +2.34 scs2.00 4.35 +4.35 nl june 102.00 1.40 -3.75 nl3.75 0.00 -0.00 broke nl june 10RELOAD $40.74 june 103.00 13.10 +52.?? plo 6.00 9.55 +55.39 nl7.00 0.00 -48.39 plo8.?? 0.00 -38.79 plo4.55 6.00 +40.44 plo3.75 4.00 +36.29 nl3.00 8.?? +41.59 plo5.45 4.?? -40.29 plo6.00 12.50 +46.79 nl june 103.75 3.70 -46.74 nl7.00 9.20 + nl7.00 0.00 -48.94 nl3.00 6.20 +52.14 plo3.00 2.60 -51.74 ploi went broke once lol so im going for the challange too see where i land on the bankroll side

• 1 month later...

What's the status on this? Has it been abandoned or is it just on break?