DN, I think you could make it happen, but the one thing I think will keep you from making it is boredom. You're a busy guy, and when you get some free time, I'm not sure you're going to want to spend it grinding away at a $.05-$.10 table. Yeah, it can be fun to run your bankroll up a HUGE percentage in the beginning and ignore the money totals, but when things slow down and you're just grinding, it becomes a lot more work, and takes a lot more time.I wish you the best of luck, but think this will be tough to accomplish in three years time.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, so I'm starting with $10 and playing ring game NL hold'em online at PokerStars. A few rules:1. I won't move up in limits unless I have 500 big blinds for that limit. I'm starting at $0.01-$0.02 w

Posted Images

The best way to avoid these players is to sort your tables by the tightest possible. Thats where the "normal" people play, those who actually understand the game and play the strength of their hands more than the luck of the draw. If your table is 25% VPIP or higher, either leave or just pray to god your AA hold up when it comes time.
Ell oh ell
Graphical illustration on Daniel's progress! Last drawdown spoiled the whole picture a bit but that things sometimes happen in poker:) Would be nice to know how the last hand developed (-10$ hand)
GoldFinger, nice graphs. Would like to see the distribution one in terms of BB (Big Blinds) rather than $'s though. Would make much more sense as well once you start mixing in results from different levels.
GoldFinger, nice graphs. Would like to see the distribution one in terms of BB (Big Blinds) rather than $'s though. Would make much more sense as well once you start mixing in results from different levels.
Good point! It was OK while Daniel was grinding at 0.01/0.02 level but lately volatility in $ terms picked up quite significantly because of higher blinds. Wanted to adjust for that but was too lazy. Thanks for reminding me that!:club:

post-35830-1234687045_thumb.png

post-35830-1234687050_thumb.png

post-35830-1234687056_thumb.png

post-35830-1234687062_thumb.png

Good point! It was OK while Daniel was grinding at 0.01/0.02 level but lately volatility in $ terms picked up quite significantly because of higher blinds. Wanted to adjust for that but was too lazy. Thanks for reminding me that!:club:
I'm loving the graphs bro, thanks for doing them!
I'm loving the graphs bro, thanks for doing them!
Well, I thought it would be nice to have some kind of graphs to make this whole thing more fun to follow. I had an Excel file file for my own results, now I have two files and feel motivated enough to keep updating the data until you reach 100k or 0 (I hope the former). Just one week before you announced your 100k challenge I came across an article on Chris Ferguson's 0-10K project and thought that it's probably more interesting that High Stakes poker (which also is very nice), because it involves limits where ordinary "mortals" play. I understand why you started with 10$ as it took poor Jesus 7 months to get to 6.5$ (see the attachment). That's way too slow! So I wish you good luck and a lot of energy to fight random goofiness!:club: Hope your Mom recovers soon because moms are very important!Cheers,N.

post-35830-1234722934_thumb.jpg

Well, I thought it would be nice to have some kind of graphs to make this whole thing more fun to follow. I had an Excel file file for my own results, now I have two files and feel motivated enough to keep updating the data until you reach 100k or 0 (I hope the former). Just one week before you announced your 100k challenge I came across an article on Chris Ferguson's 0-10K project and thought that it's probably more interesting that High Stakes poker (which also is very nice), because it involves limits where ordinary "mortals" play. I understand why you started with 10$ as it took poor Jesus 7 months to get to 6.5$ (see the attachment). That's way too slow! So I wish you good luck and a lot of energy to fight random goofiness!:club: Hope your Mom recovers soon because moms are very important!Cheers,N.
N chart, CF obviously got bored and took a shot at the end there and had a little +ev swing.

woa woa woa, I was reading 2p2 today and think i stumbled across a facet of this challenge I was not aware of. Apparently, daniel will never move down in limits? So for instance, if he has $1000 BR and is playing 1/2, and loses a stack, he will just rebuy for 1/5 of his roll, $160? And if he loses 2 stacks, he buys in for $120? But NEVER drops limits? Hmmm.....

Yea, those are interesting graphs to see, especially the distribution of daily returns.
Daniel hasn't been playing much I see. I know when I'm running badly I don't feel like playing too.
I was looking at his schedule on myspace and it looks like he's just swamped with events right now. He's playing in some live tourney like every single day for the next 3 months lol.
His last 3 or so losing sessions was right in the middle of dealing with his mom as well so chances are he was a little preoccupied to play his absolute A game.
I think that would be fair assumption to make about most players -- but not Daniel. If he "tee's it up" (so to speak) he is in there to play his best no matter what -- he's not going to half ass it. It's either play great poker or no poker. 'Do or do not -- there is no try.' Thats just part of what makes him such a phenomenal player.On another note: Best wishes to you and your family Daniel, we're all praying for a speedy recovery!