Royal Flush Draw--play Fast Or Slow?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 10+1 Tournament, 80/160 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP1 (t11630)MP2 (t5025)Hero (CO) (t6870)Button (t12005)SB (t10380)BB (t9670)UTG (t11135)UTG+1 (t5965)Hero's M: 28.63Preflop: Hero is CO with Aclub.gif, Jclub.gif1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t480, MP1 calls t480, 1 fold, Hero calls t480, 1 fold, SB calls t400, BB calls t320Flop: (t2400) 10club.gif, 3diamond.gif, Qclub.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero...?

This is tough. UTG+1 must have either missed the flop or flopped a monster (1010/QQ), and is afraid (or trapping) of a C/R or C/C from the sb and bb. Betting to steal the pot away here commits about 1/4-1/3 of our stack. If we do bet here, we also must be willing to call/push over a c/r. That said... I probably check behind here a lot, hoping to fill up and UTG+1 having a big made hand.

I think if you bet you undoubtedly are getting raised by someone... whether its SB or BB or the initial raiser.. just up to you if you wanna check it and hope for a free card or bet and commit your stack.

It's a 5 way flop after 4 calls of a PF raise, and there's a FD plus two paint on the flop. Somebody hit this flop and someone's probably looking to c/r. We still need to hit, and but have strong draws that can own this pot, so I'd check behind here to control the pot and hope to connect with the turn and/or that the others remain gun-shy.

It's a 5 way flop after 4 calls of a PF raise, and there's a FD plus two paint on the flop. Somebody hit this flop and someone's probably looking to c/r. We still need to hit, and but have strong draws that can own this pot, so I'd check behind here to control the pot and hope to connect with the turn and/or that the others remain gun-shy.
Why are you trying to control the pot with a royal flush draw and a pot that's worth 35% of your current stack? You're only 55-45 dog vs top 2.

Flop: (t2400) 10club.gif, 3diamond.gif, Qclub.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets t640, 1 fold, BB raises to t1280, 2 folds, Hero...?Was my bet too small? I saw it as a combo of a blocking bet and a lure of action, either a pot builder or a way to get check-raised (I was definitely willing to get it all in). Taking the free card didn't seem like an attractive option with a draw this big.

If I were to bet, I would probably bet a bit more, something like 1/2 pot..I agree with Looshle though, if we win the pot here with A high, thats great, lets bet. If we check, our chances of getting paid decrease and if we miss the turn, our equity goes way down and we are faced with a tougher spot if bet into.

Why are you trying to control the pot with a royal flush draw and a pot that's worth 35% of your current stack? You're only 55-45 dog vs top 2.
Because of the significant chance we don't get there, given we currently only have Ace high? We have a great draw... but it still needs to get there to give us value.And we don't have a 3rd of our stack in there. We called a 480 bet and we have about 6400 behind... unless you're saying the pot is roughly equal to 1/3 of our remaining stack, which itself is true.
Because of the significant chance we don't get there, given we currently only have Ace high? We have a great draw... but it still needs to get there to give us value.And we don't have a 3rd of our stack in there. We called a 480 bet and we have about 6400 behind... unless you're saying the pot is roughly equal to 1/3 of our remaining stack, which itself is true.
Yes meaning if someone showed you QT and open shoved into you, it would be a terrible fold. Not only that but all the FE u have vs hands like 77 etc.If you dont want to bet in this situation, you are way too passive or put too much into your "tournament life" to have a shot in MTTs. And no it doesn't not need to get there to give us value, you have tremendous equity (value) on teh flop and should be bet/calling/3 betting. cold 4 betting every single time.

Bet 950 on flopSnap call any shove/betPray a club or a K comes (OK, there are other cards that will help you, but you want to get to the best hand, which is not what you have right now...)

Yes meaning if someone showed you QT and open shoved into you, it would be a terrible fold. Not only that but all the FE u have vs hands like 77 etc.If you dont want to bet in this situation, you are way too passive or put too much into your "tournament life" to have a shot in MTTs. And no it doesn't not need to get there to give us value, you have tremendous equity (value) on teh flop and should be bet/calling/3 betting. cold 4 betting every single time.
QFT. Our hand is huge here, and you want people to be putting money in before your draw completes, not afterwards. MovingIn, our hand does NOT only have value once the draw hits. A club might kill any action, and with a likely 12 outs twice (at least 12, if not 15) - I'm bet/reraising/shovel/insta-fistpump. You cannot check this hand behind. Draws like this (where you are the favorite and someone is bound to give you action) don't happen all the time - the chips need to go in when we have them. Equity from combo draws comes from getting chips in on the flop, before the draw hits and people get scared.

Flop: (t2400) 10club.gif, 3diamond.gif, Qclub.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets t640, 1 fold, BB raises to t1280, 2 folds, Hero shoved, villain folded.(Don't have the HH on this computer, but that's definitely what happened.) I took down a healthy pot, obviously, but I wondered if I could have gotten more value somehow?

If we're gonna bet the flop and we get c/r'd, we pretty much have to get it in. It's funny because, up until recently, I'd have always led this flop, and probably would have gotten it in vs a c/r.

Flop: (t2400) 10club.gif, 3diamond.gif, Qclub.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets t640, 1 fold, BB raises to t1280, 2 folds, Hero shoved, villain folded.(Don't have the HH on this computer, but that's definitely what happened.) I took down a healthy pot, obviously, but I wondered if I could have gotten more value somehow?
I think you have the most EV when villain plays his hand like this. You can probably give him a range of hands he'd play this way and pokerstove it to see whether or not thats true.In a nutshell, we expect to profit more when villain folds in this spot than when he calls.
I think you got pretty good value here...
If we want our money in immediately, then yes, totally.
I understand that the flop is an earlier street than the turn.We have tremendous equity on the flop, but you are suggesting to maybe bet the turn where we can get c/r or called down by a smaller pair when our equity to make a hand as well as fold out smaller made hands is drastically lowered.Depending on stack sizes, we could even get c/r into folding or making a bad call.

Yes, I see your point in weighing equity. We have great draws to great hands. I like getting our money in with edges. We can bet the flop as long as our odds of folding the rest of the group coincides well enough with our odds of making the hand if we get c/r'd and get the rest of our money in to make a flop lead +EV relative to our current chip position.