Yes, the '70's as Best Musical decade is arguable, but to simply say "no" is retarded. What decade would you pick? The '90's? <laff>
The only think I like about the 90's is the hip hop of that era. I think the 60's are a pretty clear number one, between classic Motown/R&B, the best era of rock and roll and pop music, the pinnacle of experimental/avante garde/free jazz, gritty non-traditional country like Live at folsom prison, the reign of singer song writersI think there is plenty of good stuff from the 70's, but little of it was commerical.. for example, I don't think the birth of arena rock is something to be particularly proud of, as I think most of the 70's classic rock arena bands are god awful.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only think I like about the 90's is the hip hop of that era. I think the 60's are a pretty clear number one, between classic Motown/R&B, the best era of rock and roll and pop music, the pinnacle of experimental/avante garde/free jazz, gritty non-traditional country like Live at folsom prison, the reign of singer song writersI think there is plenty of good stuff from the 70's, but little of it was commerical.. for example, I don't think the birth of arena rock is something to be particularly proud of, as I think most of the 70's classic rock arena bands are god awful.
Arguable, you bet. I love the 60's: Beatles, Motown, garage rock, the psychaedelic era, etc. Definitely a hot one. As for Arena rock, I tend to think of Led Zep, Pink Floyd and the Eagles, which is fine by me. There was plenty that sucked in the 70's, no question, but that's pretty much the case in every decade. I was primarily busting on the "no" dude for not coughing up an opinion of his own, which is just lame.
This is pretty much what I would have said.I love 60's music, although not really represented on my top albums list. My mother always played the oldies stations when I was a kid, so I know so many of the song by heart.
Yes, the '70's as Best Musical decade is arguable, but to simply say "no" is retarded. What decade would you pick? The '90's? <laff>The '70's:Plenty of holdover 60's stuff, disco, prog rock, the birth of arena rock, the birth of metal, the birth of punk/indie, art rock, etc. The 70's are also arguably the best decade in film history...So take your "no" and shove it.
why all the hostility? the small penis thing? yeah..id be mad too...why not just disagree and leave it at that ? why be a c unt about it? i think the 60s are by far more superior than the 70s..but its an opinion...shrug...hurry up and reply, im on the sdge of my seat...
Arguable, you bet. I love the 60's: Beatles, Motown, garage rock, the psychaedelic era, etc. Definitely a hot one. As for Arena rock, I tend to think of Led Zep, Pink Floyd and the Eagles, which is fine by me. There was plenty that sucked in the 70's, no question, but that's pretty much the case in every decade. I was primarily busting on the "no" dude for not coughing up an opinion of his own, which is just lame.
and you dont get to bust on me, i bust on you...i was making my bones when guys like you where still sucking on their moms tit...you cant come into ot and take to a man like iveyfan30 that way....
why all the hostility? the small penis thing? yeah..id be mad too...why not just disagree and leave it at that ? why be a c unt about it? i think the 60s are by far more superior than the 70s..but its an opinion...shrug...hurry up and reply, im on the sdge of my seat...
and you dont get to bust on me, i bust on you...i was making my bones when guys like you where still sucking on their moms tit...you cant come into ot and take to a man like iveyfan30 that way....
Saying "no" isn't an opinion. Discussion and argument are predicated on dialogue.And wtf does "making my bones" mean? Are you so old that you're senile? No, I just think you're drunk and irritating.
As for Arena rock, I tend to think of Led Zep, Pink Floyd and the Eagles, which is fine by me.
yeah, see this is where you and I differ. I think the eagles are maybe the worst band in history, I think that pink floyd's seventies stuff is boring, indulgant and overrated ( though their first album Pipper at the gates of dawn is excellent), and though I respect LZ;s place in rock, I don't really like them any more, as I am burnt out on them. They also get minus points, in my mind, for starting a bad genre ( 70's arena rock) and for being plagiarists.
LOL Ivey fan came back to FCP ready to rumble.
Saying "no" isn't an opinion. Discussion and argument are predicated on dialogue.And wtf does "making my bones" mean? Are you so old that you're senile? No, I just think you're drunk and irritating.
yeah, im not shocked you missed the reference..most ppl with no sense of humor are very angry little ppl...so carry on good sir....
LOL Ivey fan came back to FCP ready to rumble.
lol naa...was just makin a jopke that nobody got..its cool..i respect his opinion and his right to be a douche all he wants....obv
lol naa...was just makin a jopke that nobody got..its cool..i respect his opinion and his right to be a douche all he wants....obv
I'm familar with the Godfather quote " I was making my bones when you were going out with Cheerleaders" I'm not sure what yours is refrencing..
I'm familar with the Godfather quote " I was making my bones when you were going out with Cheerleaders" I'm not sure what yours is refrencing..
it was supposed to be similar enough to infer i was referencing the gf quote...miss again? i tend to do that..maybe its my senility?
it was supposed to be similar enough to infer i was referencing the gf quote...miss again? i tend to do that..maybe its my senility?
No, I think it's got more to do with the fact you don't know how to apply quotes and context at the same time. It take a few brain cells for that. The cannolli has a bigger IQ and better taste than you.Love, Douchey McDoucheDouche
No, I think it's got more to do with the fact you don't know how to apply quotes and context at the same time. It take a few brain cells for that. The cannolli has a bigger IQ and better taste than you.Love, Douchey McDoucheDouche
seriously bro put the laptop down and go outside and try to get laid...it seems you are all backed up...why do i picture you driving a panel van wearing flip flops and a rush t-shirt with a bad accent....try to laugh more, it helps...dont worry screech, im sure it will turn around soon enough...
wow a jokey joke...nice...truce? love u lots....
Yeah, I guess. I don't like NetFeuds, in general. I will say, however, that I thought your responses were at least as douchey as mine and certainly quite patronizing, which amuses me.YOU DON'T KNOW ME!woman_arguing2.jpgMcDouche
Yeah, I guess. I don't like NetFeuds, in general. I will say, however, that I thought your responses were at least as douchey as mine and certainly quite patronizing, which amuses me.YOU DON'T KNOW ME!woman_arguing2.jpgMcDouche
agree to disagree....when in rome.....
you just never learn, do you, fryer...It sounds like what They might be giants would sound like if they were good.
No, I do not.Soooooooooooo....does that mean you're gonna hook me up?

Yes - The Yes Album Van Halen - VHLed Zeppelin - LZII (Very difficult to pick just one here – almost went with HotH)The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out Pink Floyd - DSotM (Or maybe The Wall)The Knack - Get The KnackSteely Dan - Aja (Their Best of is great too)Stevie Ray Vaughan - any, but Texas Flood if I have to pick oneBeatles - Abbey Road (Very nearly went with Rubber Soul)Earth, Wind, and Fire - Best of EWF Vol 1Honorable MentionsTower of Power - ToPJayhawks - Hollywood Town HallMozart - Eine Kline NachtmusikThe Cars - The CarsBoston - BostonSomething by Queen Something by The Who