1. It Was Written - Nas2. Food & Liqueur - Lupe Fiasco3. Life After Death - Biggie4. All Eyes on Me - Tupac5. The Slim Shady LP - Eminem6. Greatest Hits - Outkast7. College Dropout - Kanye West8. The Misseducation of Lauryn Hill - Lauryn Hill9. Ear Drum - Talib Kweli10. The Bliss Album - PM DawnYes, I like It Was Written better than Illmatic and LAD better than Ready to Die. Not by much in either case, but enough that I give them spots on the list, same with Tupac's Makeveli. I have trouble picking a favorite Outkast album, I like them all pretty equally. I can't believe I don't have a Wu album on there somewhere, they would probably litter 11-20.
You know I can't really argue with liking LAD better.. there are many, many jams on that album. LAD would actually be on my top ten, but I didn't need two biggie's represented ( though El G wasn't afraid of the multiple artist representation) I should have had Miseducation of Laurnyn hill on my HM's at least, that's a great, great album.So is the Bliss Alubm, Guapo.. get PM Dawn out of your mouth.
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't disagree with Josh's list, except maybe PM Dawn, seriously where the **** did that come from?Fugees and Wyclef's solo joint should have made my list somewhere too.
It's what I put on when I want to relax, had to give it a nod.Fugees Score got consideration, but I gave it to L Boogie's solo project instead. Richie Rich's album still get plenty of play here too, but I bet your the only one who knows it here. Some others that are just off my list are The Chronic, Great Adventures of Slick Rick, Blackstreet, Doggystyle, Songs in A Minor, Dangerdoom, any of DMX's first 3 CD's, Back for the First time or Chicken and Beer from Luda, a coupel of Common's CD's, Reflection Eternal... man there is a lot I feel I left off :(On a non hip-hop note I also like The Doors a lot.

See it's hard!I thought for sure you would have had Mobb Deep - The Infamous on there.Yeah Richie Rich - Seasoned Veteran gets played on occasion still.You know what albums I just thought of that I lost, that I used to love. Doggpound and Lil Half DeadEDIT: In retrospect D.O.C. should be in my top 10, but I am not sure what I would bump?

I thought for sure you would have had Mobb Deep - The Infamous on there.
Shook Ones Pt II I think is probably my all time favorite track, I love everything about it, but is so much better than the rest of the Album I have trouble listening to the whole thing.Edit: The DOC and NWA's N4L could both be on mine.
Shock Ones Pt II I think is probably my all time favorite track, I love everything about it, but is so much better than the rest of the Album I have trouble listening to the whole thing.Edit: The DOC and NWA's N4L could both be on mine.
Ya, great song.Ghostface's first album would be on my list, and then probably a lot of the albums previously mentioned. Maybe Pharcyde's Bizarre Ride II and a Roots album as well.Non rap, I'd prob have Tom Petty's greatest hits on there as well.

I'm sure ill forget a few albumsRyan Adams - HeartbreakerReplacements - Tim, Let it BeFace to Face - Ignorance is BlissVan Morrison - Astral weeksMission of Burma - Signals, calls and marchesThe Last Waltz Wilco - Yankee Hotel FoxtrotBloc Party - Silent AlarmCave in - Jupiter, AntennaHold Steady - Boys and Girls in AmericaJeff Buckley - GraceLucero - That Much Further WestPropagandhi - Todays Empires, tomorrows ashesRadiohead - The Bends, Kid AThe Stills - Logic Will Break Your HeartSunny Day Real Estate - Diary

Shook Ones Pt II I think is probably my all time favorite track, I love everything about it, but is so much better than the rest of the Album I have trouble listening to the whole thing.Edit: The DOC and NWA's N4L could both be on mine.
I love that song but in terms of albums they did i still prefer Hell on Earth as my favorite.

If I had only 5 CD's to take to a poker table, I'd be straight with The Infamous, Ready to Die, Illmatic, 36 chambers and reasonable doubtI also like how, when I'm talking about hip hop, I'll say things like "I'd be straight", that I would never use any other time.

this is hard/fun. very much so, actually. assuming we're doing personal favorite albums, and not, like, all time important ones:1. neutral milk hotel- in the aeroplane over the sea2. the beatles- sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band3. radiohead- kid a4. the beatles- magical mystery tour5. the microphones- the glow, pt. 26. psapp- tiger, my friend7. the radio dept- lesser matters8. m. ward- the transfiguration of vincent9. piano magic- the troubled sleep of piano magic10. kante- zweilichthonorable mentions: air- moon safarilow- things we lost in the fireand pretty much all the radiohead albums except for hail to the thief and pablo honeythe mt. eerie/julie dorion album might make the list after a couple years--that thing's awesome.m83's saturdays=youth might, too.bonnie 'prince' billy- i see a darknesswir sind helden- von hier an blindthe rosebuds- birds make good neighbors

this is hard/fun. very much so, actually. assuming we're doing personal favorite albums, and not, like, all time important ones:1. neutral milk hotel- in the aeroplane over the sea2. the beatles- sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band3. radiohead- kid a4. the beatles- revolver5. the microphones- the glow, pt. 26. psapp- tiger, my friend7. the radio dept- lesser matters8. m. ward- the transfiguration of vincent9. air- moon safari10. kante- zweilicht
well, now the hip kids have showed up to ruin the thread.
He's only exposing his own secret cock love and self loathing by making comments like that. I only see a beautiful woman in my sig. Strange it bothers him so much.
there's no way you're straight if you wouldn't hit that, imo.
As far as records I've gotten the most enjoyment out of, this is almost definitely my #1.
it was the only album on my list that required no thought whatsoever. like, i think it might be completely perfect on every account.
it was the only album on my list that required no thought whatsoever. like, i think it might be completely perfect on every account.
I only heard it for the first time a couple years ago. I didn't like it at first, but then I completely fell in love with literally every track.
He's only exposing his own secret cock love and self loathing by making comments like that. I only see a beautiful woman in my sig. Strange it bothers him so much.
there's no way you're straight if you wouldn't hit that, imo.
I am in the exact same boat as you guys here. I just had to acknowledge his clever (albeit incorrect) twisting of your words. Also, I'm confident a single Guap would have a go at our lovely sig-dwelling friend if confronted with such a scenario in real life. He's just in denial.
I am in the exact same boat as you guys here. I just had to acknowledge his clever (albeit incorrect) twisting of your words. Also, I'm confident a single Guap would have a go at our lovely sig-dwelling friend if confronted with such a scenario in real life. He's just in denial.
i won't lie. i've fantasized about rounding second with him/her, finding out the operation hasn't yet happened, pausing for like 30 seconds, saying "meh" (quite possibly out loud), and continuing.