• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair enough. Though the story makes me even less inclined to get drinks/strippers with you.
I've changed! lolI promise ... NO fights.... just drinks and boobs.

1. The Wall - Pink Floyd2. Thriller - Michael Jackson3. Animals - Pink Floyd4. Toxicity - System of a Down5. Master Of Puppets - Metallica 6. CCR's Greatest Hits - Creedence Clearwater Revival 7. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd8. Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd9. Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin10. Smash - The OffspringHMAny Jimi Hendrix albumany Queen album

I've been listening to some "Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago" that I downloaded (illegally) lately, and I must say, its growing on me.
ah, it looks like you're finally coming around to being a cool guy.
As for a record (i like to call them that now, it sounds cooler) that I wore out back in the day:linkin-park-hybrid-theory-delantera.jpgMaybe Im a sheep, so sue me.
shit, you lost it.

no orderWeezer- Blue AlbumLed Zeppelin- IILed Zeppelin- IVGuns N' Roses- Appetite for DestructionVan Halen- 1984Eric Clapton- UnpluggedPink Floyd- Dark Side of the MoonPearl Jam- TenPearl Jam- VitalogySmashing Pumpkins- Mellon Collie and the Infinite SadnessAs for greatest hits albums:Tom Petty- Greatest HitsStone Temple Pilots- Thank YouThe Who- Ultimate CollectionRolling Stones- 40 LicksEagles- Very Best of 2 Disc SetRed Hot Chili Peppers- Greatest HitsQueen- Greatest HitsCCR- Greatest HitsThe Beatles- 1Eric Clapton- The Cream of Clapton (Cream, Solo, Derek, Blind Faith)HM Soundtracks:Forrest Gump Good Will Hunting BlowDazed and Confused

Instead of having honorable mentions, I just did a Top 15. In no particular order.1 - Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction2 - Eminem - The Slim Shady LP3 - Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First4 - Metallica - And Justice for All5 - Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power6 - Dr. Dre - Chronic7 - Nirvana - In Utero8 - Pearl Jam - Ten9 - Korn - Korn10 - System of a Down - Toxicity11 - Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill12 - Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever13 - Mindless Self Indulgence - Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy14 - Harvey Danger - Where Have All the Merrymakers Gone?15 - R.E.M - Automatic for the People

I'm a lazy person when it comes to music. I guess I'm content with what I've got and I probably don't listen nearly as often as y'all. Also I hardly listen to albums (except for a few of the ones I list). something I should do more ofhere are albums which I can general play whenever and not need to be "in the right mood" (on my rag?)Radiohead - The Bends, Pablo Honey, OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesia, Hail to the Thief, In Rainbowsif I was playing by the rules I'd only have three left. jeez.Van Halen - 1984The Postal Service - Give UpPhi Life Cypher - Millennium MetaphorsThe Killers - Hot FussThe Gladiators - Trenchtown Mix UpEsthero - Breath From AnotherDispatch - All Points Bulletin (it's a live double album!)Canibus - Rip The Jacker (skip tracks 6 and 9)The Bravery - The BraveryAudioslave - Out of ExileACDC - Back In Black

Also, for all you hair metal faggots saying Van Halen-1984.. there's only one correct Van Halen answer, and that's Van Halen-Van Halen... Jesus christ, you barbarians. At least you didn't say Van Haggar-5150 or something

actually it IS the correct answer (for me) since I've never listened to the album you're talking about but good to know.
lol well, I was being a little overdramatic, ala a hard core EVH can would. Van Halen-Van Halen was their 1978 debut, and has insane EVH guitar playing, and is more "rocking" I guess you would say, than 1984's pop-ishness. It was kind of the album, for better or worse, that launched the 80's LA hair metal movement. My best friend in junior high was a huge Van Halen fan, and I got into them for a little while, by association. Van Halen-Van Halen would be the album I would get of their's, if I were to get any at all. I still have nostalgia for some of the 1984 songs, though. Highlights of Van Halen- Van Halen..Erruption (notice, Sal, the shortness and awesomeness of an EVH guitar solo, as opposed to, say, the longness and the god awfulness of a Grateful Dead guitar jam?)
Running with the devil ( maybe my favorite Van Halen Song)
ain't talkin' about lovehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzB-3oKIfRw

1- Marilyn Manson - Portrait of an American Family2- Weezer - (Pinkerton OR Blue Album)*3- Minus the Bear - Highly Refined Pirates4- Sunny Day Real Estate - (Diary OR LP2)*5- Ghostface Killah - Fishscale6- Poison the Well - The Opposite of December7- The Get Up Kids - Something To Write Home About8- Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane Over the Sea9- Opeth - Morningrise10- Every Time I Die - Last Night in Town11- Skid Row - S/TThis list is subject to change without notice.* Both so close to perfect that picking one over the other doesn't change the list fundamentally at all.

1. High Voltage-AC/DC2. Let There Be Rock-AC/DC3. Powerage-AC/DC4. Back In Black-AC/DC5. Nevermind-Nirvana6. Master of Puppets-Metallica7. Abbey Road-Beatles8. Paranoid-Black Sabbath9. Lynyrd Skynyrd-Lynyrd Skynyrd10. Led Zeppelin II-Led Zeppelin10. Dark Side of the Moon-Pink Floyd10. Lovesick Broke & Driftin'-Hank IIIIn no particular order, 'cept for the first 4. If it were the top twenty, I would have thrown in Dirty Deeds... and Highway to Hell.

2- Weezer - (Pinkerton OR Blue Album)*3- Minus the Bear - Highly Refined Pirates4- Sunny Day Real Estate - (Diary OR LP2)*7- The Get Up Kids - Something To Write Home About11- Skid Row - S/T
Now that I think about it, Skid Row WAS kind of emo.

Don't worry, El Guapo. Not everyone knows or even likes Vampire Weekend.My favorite albums of all time will vary somewhat dependant on mood, but here's a few:Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (this hit my prog rock sweetspot while I was a teen)Danny Gatton - 88 Elmira Street (once again, the best guitarist you've never heard of)Radiohead - OK Computer vs The Bends (depending on what mood I'm in, but the bottom line is that these are two of the finer mainstream albums of the '90's)Steely Dan - Aja (start to finish, one of the best albums from the best dcade in music: '70's)David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World (an incredibly rocking album, with some weird songs for the geek in me)Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Roxy and Elsewhere (just an incredible album played live by an incredible band directed and emceed by the incredible Frank Zappa; an underrated album, yet a masterpiece of virtuosity in progressive composition)The Beatles - Rubber Soul/Revolver (these two albums come right before Sgt Pepper and fuses trippiness and pop jewelry into true psychaedelia)...

Don't worry, El Guapo. Not everyone knows or even likes Vampire Weekend.My favorite albums of all time will vary somewhat dependant on mood, but here's a few:Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (this hit my prog rock sweetspot while I was a teen)Danny Gatton - 88 Elmira Street (once again, the best guitarist you've never heard of)Radiohead - OK Computer vs The Bends (depending on what mood I'm in, but the bottom line is that these are two of the finer mainstream albums of the '90's)Steely Dan - Aja (start to finish, one of the best albums from the best dcade in music: '70's)David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World (an incredibly rocking album, with some weird songs for the geek in me)Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Roxy and Elsewhere (just an incredible album played live by an incredible band directed and emceed by the incredible Frank Zappa; an underrated album, yet a masterpiece of virtuosity in progressive composition)...
I got that album after a recommendation on here... maybe from Guapo ... it's pretty dang good.Actually...not an album.... just downloaded some songs

I went studio only here, no live CDs...311 - Music311 - GrassrootsBeastie Boys - Licensed to IllBeastie Boys - Paul's BoutiqueDave Matthews Band - CrashDave Matthews Band - Stand UpOutKast - SpeakerboxxRage Against the Machine - self-titledWeezer - BlueWu-Tang - 36 Chambers

Don't worry, El Guapo. Not everyone knows or even likes Vampire Weekend.My favorite albums of all time will vary somewhat dependant on mood, but here's a few:Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (this hit my prog rock sweetspot while I was a teen)Danny Gatton - 88 Elmira Street (once again, the best guitarist you've never heard of)Radiohead - OK Computer vs The Bends (depending on what mood I'm in, but the bottom line is that these are two of the finer mainstream albums of the '90's)Steely Dan - Aja (start to finish, one of the best albums from the best dcade in music: '70's)David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World (an incredibly rocking album, with some weird songs for the geek in me)Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Roxy and Elsewhere (just an incredible album played live by an incredible band directed and emceed by the incredible Frank Zappa; an underrated album, yet a masterpiece of virtuosity in progressive composition)The Beatles - Rubber Soul/Revolver (these two albums come right before Sgt Pepper and fuses trippiness and pop jewelry into true psychaedelia)...
no

I will give it a shot.1) Dark Side of the Moon-Pink FLoyd2) Bridge over troubled water-Simon and Garfunkel3) Seconds Out-Genesis4) Days of futures passed-Moody Blues5) Dosage-Collective Soul6) Bends-Radiohead7) Joshua Tree-U28) Verities and Balderdash-Harry Chapin9) Bat out of hell-Meatloaf10) Grace-Jeff BuckleyHonorable mention:Animals-Pink FloydThe Wall-Pink FloydOK Computer-RadioheadAbbey Road-BeatlesRubber Soul-BeatlesRevelations-GenesisThrowing Copper-LiveLive in Australia-Elton JohnHunky Dory-David BowieSloppy seconds-Dr. Hook

Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane Over the SeaCan someone tell me what the eff this is? haha. AKA...anyone wanna send it to me on AIM?
you just never learn, do you, fryer...It sounds like what They might be giants would sound like if they were good.

10) Bjork - Medulla Smashing Pumpkins - GishFrog Eyes - Tears of the ValedictorianSonic Youth - Daydream NationWeezer - PinkertonNeutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the SeaSunset Rubdown - Random Spirit LoverModest Mouse - The Moon & Antarctica 1) Kid A - Radiohead

no
Yes, the '70's as Best Musical decade is arguable, but to simply say "no" is retarded. What decade would you pick? The '90's? <laff>The '70's:Plenty of holdover 60's stuff, disco, prog rock, the birth of arena rock, the birth of metal, the birth of punk/indie, art rock, etc. The 70's are also arguably the best decade in film history...So take your "no" and shove it.