Borgata Winter Open

From the Borgata Poker Blog:Wednesday, January 14, 2009Event #1: End of Day 1B That will do it for Day 1B of Event #1. There are about 230 players remaining in this crowd, including Jason Young, Trevor "Treymomey" Savage, Don Buzgon, Nick DiGiacomo and Bob Buzzel, who will join the 136 or so from Day 1A to make a combined field. All of these players will come back at 2 p.m. on Thursday and play until 2 a.m. We should hit the money somewhere around dinnertime.Before that, though, is the start of the $500 buy-in Event #2, at 11 a.m. Thursday. See you then! GL to Tre and all the FCP'ers still alive...TIDDan
prob in this... we'll see if i can wake up in 6 hours.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sooo close to spewing off a ton of chips to end the night.. I had 190k going in to the final two levels of the night. I didn't win a hand in the first 40 minutes of 1.5k/3k/300 and had a few rough breaks to get down to like 120k. A guy limped in MP and I decided to limp the CO with J8cc which is something I hadn't really done all day. The blinds completed and the flop came Kx Kc 10c, SB checked BB bet 5.5k, MP folded, I raised to 15.4k, SB folded, BB took a few minutes and called. Turn was another 10 he checked and I checked back... river was an offsuit 6. He checked and I bet 35k.. he tanked for a while.. I turned my head away to ask the waitress for a water and nearly threw up when he said All in but when I turned my head back around he was laughing and had already folded.. I somehow got him to fold a ten in that spot..A few hands later UTG shipped like 30k with A8, UTG+1 shipped 60k with JJ and I somehow managed to wake up with AA and hold. I played with Jason Young all day and I thought he played a solid game overall and was a really nice kid. People literally handed him chips all day long. I'm 24th in chips going to day 2 and we start back up at 2 pm today.

I was sooo close to spewing off a ton of chips to end the night.. I had 190k going in to the final two levels of the night. I didn't win a hand in the first 40 minutes of 1.5k/3k/300 and had a few rough breaks to get down to like 120k. A guy limped in MP and I decided to limp the CO with J8cc which is something I hadn't really done all day. The blinds completed and the flop came Kx Kc 10c, SB checked BB bet 5.5k, MP folded, I raised to 15.4k, SB folded, BB took a few minutes and called. Turn was another 10 he checked and I checked back... river was an offsuit 6. He checked and I bet 35k.. he tanked for a while.. I turned my head away to ask the waitress for a water and nearly threw up when he said All in but when I turned my head back around he was laughing and had already folded.. I somehow got him to fold a ten in that spot..A few hands later UTG shipped like 30k with A8, UTG+1 shipped 60k with JJ and I somehow managed to wake up with AA and hold. I played with Jason Young all day and I thought he played a solid game overall and was a really nice kid. People literally handed him chips all day long. I'm 24th in chips going to day 2 and we start back up at 2 pm today.
GL today !!! I hope you're able to keep it up and FT this thing. :ts:club::4h Flopn Nutz, GL to you as well. 2 FCP'ers at the FT ?I do have a question for both of you, as well as Vlaxter. What do you guys think of the structure ? Obviously being a deepstack there's some ability to play your game and not have to double up asap, but are there any spots where the structure gets fast ? Can you play pick your spots early on and just try to chip up ? Any thoughts on the structure and the general play (aweful from what I gather) would be greatly appreciated. I think i'm gonna try to play the $500 Deep Stack next week and would appreciate and insight/advice. Thanks for your time guys and GL !!!Dan

this was a deepstack (25k starting chips) and it was very very good. I think avg. stack when I busted at 1500/3k was 80-90k which is very good that deep in a live tournament.

this was a deepstack (25k starting chips) and it was very very good. I think avg. stack when I busted at 1500/3k was 80-90k which is very good that deep in a live tournament.
Wow, is that the longest you've ever lasted in a live tournament?

Nothing to special happened for me day 1. I only had maybe 6 showdowns, was only all in one time, and only had one preflop showdown from a short stack SB all in that I called with AT from the BB. He had 22 and I saw an ace in the window... followed by a 2. Biggest pot I played was with AsQd on a Ad 4d 8d Kh Ks board. I checked the river and this kid insta shipped 25k into a 13k pot. I took about 4 minutes before calling a clock on myself. I was fishing for tells, he looked very uncomfortable and didnt want to say a word. I finally tried what I call the "Jamie Gold tell" where I pump faked a call and he went for the "instant flip over the winner" maneuver trying to tell me he was strong. Once he did that I knew I had enough info to call and he proudly announced "QUEEN HIGH!"That pot was pretty big not only for chips but confidence. Just got out of the hot tub to relax and get focused. Going to grab a bite and head to T33S3.

GL today !!! I hope you're able to keep it up and FT this thing. :ts:club::4h Flopn Nutz, GL to you as well. 2 FCP'ers at the FT ?I do have a question for both of you, as well as Vlaxter. What do you guys think of the structure ? Obviously being a deepstack there's some ability to play your game and not have to double up asap, but are there any spots where the structure gets fast ? Can you play pick your spots early on and just try to chip up ? Any thoughts on the structure and the general play (aweful from what I gather) would be greatly appreciated. I think i'm gonna try to play the $500 Deep Stack next week and would appreciate and insight/advice. Thanks for your time guys and GL !!!Dan
I loved this structure. Everything about this tournament has been top notch except for a few terrible dealers, that always tilts me for some reason.I noticed a lot of people chipping up early to around 60K and then chipping down back to around 30K and getting super frustrated because of it and spewing all the rest. It was blowing my mind how many times I saw this happen. The werent even realizing they were at or above average.

Roy Winston enters Day 2 as 4th in chips, he was apparently gifted several pots according to his blog. Nice life.Good luck today guys. If I get any updates I will put them up here.

Update from Tre, sorry its about an hour old wasn't able to get to my computer until now:388k on first break, 210 people left.Entry from the Borgata Poker Blog belowEvent #1: Pushing the Table Around Steven Weinstock, back with his (washed) lucky yellow PokerStars shirt, and Trevor "Tremomey" Savage, are two of the big stacks at their table. Steven has 260,000 and Trevor has 383,000. Tremoney tells us that he got it all in preflop with A-K versus Q-Q and got a flush. Posted by Tropical Steve at 3:50 PMNew update from Tre: 411k with 137 left. Lost 100k pot with A8 vs. J9 and 100k pot with K8 vs. A3. Have a real tough table.120 get paid so hopefully he can chip up as the bubble approaches.Latest update from Tre as of 6:05 PM EST: 564k on money bubbleApparently Vtlax slept in too late and so didn't play today's $500 dollar event.

Update from Tre, sorry its about an hour old wasn't able to get to my computer until now:388k on first break, 210 people left.Entry from the Borgata Poker Blog belowEvent #1: Pushing the Table Around Steven Weinstock, back with his (washed) lucky yellow PokerStars shirt, and Trevor "Tremomey" Savage, are two of the big stacks at their table. Steven has 260,000 and Trevor has 383,000. Tremoney tells us that he got it all in preflop with A-K versus Q-Q and got a flush. Posted by Tropical Steve at 3:50 PMNew update from Tre: 411k with 137 left. Lost 100k pot with A8 vs. J9 and 100k pot with K8 vs. A3. Have a real tough table.120 get paid so hopefully he can chip up as the bubble approaches.Latest update from Tre as of 6:05 PM EST: 564k on money bubble
Gl!
AWESOME !!! GL TreAny word on how "Flopn" is doing ?Dan
Haven't heard anything one way or another. If I hear anything I'll be sure to post it.Tre update via the Borg Blog:Event #1: Tremomey's Good Call Trevor "Tremomey" Savage tells us that he raised to 52,000 preflop with A-8 and the big blind called. The flop was K-7-2 with two hearts and the big blind led out for 114,000 all in. Tremomey called and the big blind turned over but A-4. The turn and river were 7 and 9, and the A-8 held up to bring Trey up to 798,000 heading into dinner. Posted by Tropical Steve at 7:17 PMText from Tre: 798k on dinner break going to 15k/30k 90 something people left.
Haven't heard anything one way or another. If I hear anything I'll be sure to post it.Tre update via the Borg Blog:Event #1: Tremomey's Good Call Trevor "Tremomey" Savage tells us that he raised to 52,000 preflop with A-8 and the big blind called. The flop was K-7-2 with two hearts and the big blind led out for 114,000 all in. Tremomey called and the big blind turned over but A-4. The turn and river were 7 and 9, and the A-8 held up to bring Trey up to 798,000 heading into dinner. Posted by Tropical Steve at 7:17 PMText from Tre: 798k on dinner break going to 15k/30k 90 something people left.
Good work so far. TID
Am I seeing this wrong or what? Isn't this a chop?Both playing 77AK9?

"Out 29th KK<96o for 750k pot then KJ<AK for 1.1 million"GG Tre. He collects $2,069 for his run according to the Blog's payout chart.

Cruised pretty much the whole tourney.. at 20k/40k I had 1 million.. folded to me on the button and SB and BB both had 300kish I shipped K9 and BB woke up with QQ and held. I built back up from there to 900k and then kid shipped 69o pre for 326k and beat my KK on 69Q87 board. 2 hands later I shipped 520k with KJ and ran into buttons AK. That was literally the first time I was all in and called the entire tournament. Oh well.. I'm saving my real run good for the 3k.