Borgata Winter Open

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow a guy I just talked to in the elevator said they got 653 entrants or something for day 1a... jeebus.
Yeah its a huge field. The field tomorrow might very well not be able to fit in the poker room entirely. I mean there are what, like 75 tables? So assuming they are stacking it 10 handed, I don't think it is much of a stretch for day 1b to hit 750 players. Going to be a huge huge field total. Good luck tomorrow guys. I should be swinging through around the dinner break to check up on the FCPers remaining.
Yeah its a huge field. The field tomorrow might very well not be able to fit in the poker room entirely. I mean there are what, like 75 tables? So assuming they are stacking it 10 handed, I don't think it is much of a stretch for day 1b to hit 750 players. Going to be a huge huge field total. Good luck tomorrow guys. I should be swinging through around the dinner break to check up on the FCPers remaining.
Just called down there cause i'm a F*&KING MORON and mixed up the starting days ......(I had it in my head they were doing Day 1a on Wed 1/14 and Day 1b 1/15) .....Anyway, the floor person I spoke to said they are capping todays registration at 900 people and they think it's gonna be close.Anyone playing next weeks 500 + 60 Deepstack ? I might have to try that instead...Dan
i just met the mini jew at the stone he said he knows you vtlax..small world...wish i could be in AC its alot closeeeer and better series :club: september 5th needs to come sooooonerrrgl to everyone there
tell minijew he's a POS. and if you see shaun deeb tell him I have his number.
minijew is annoying, not so much a POS, but def just a nag in your ear imo
Just called down there cause i'm a F*&KING MORON and mixed up the starting days ......(I had it in my head they were doing Day 1a on Wed 1/14 and Day 1b 1/15) .....Anyway, the floor person I spoke to said they are capping todays registration at 900 people and they think it's gonna be close.Anyone playing next weeks 500 + 60 Deepstack ? I might have to try that instead...
I just checked online and there are 85 tables in the poker room. If the field gets capped tomorrow, that would just be SICK. A 450k+ prize pool for a $300 live event. That would be almost unheard of. The only reason I say almost is because I wouldn't know if there was an event that exceeded this or not, but there cannot be many if there are.Still on life tilt that they didn't have an event like this during the Summer Open that I could have played and that they are giving out food vouchers.It just does go to show you how much better the Borgata is for poker than any place else in AC.

just took a cab over and regged. The line was like 25 deep when i got there.. its definitely going to be full makign the total entrants be like 155x which is sickkkkkkkkk.

Update: Vtlax sitting with 35-35k currently going into the 800/1600/300 level.Tre is sitting on 142k and has Jason Young, a WSOP bracelet winner, who sitting with 230k+ on the opposite side of the table. Half of Jason's stack was acquired in a blind versus blind battle where the other guy totally spewed his stack to Jason. Nice life.Had dinner at the Borgata Buffet with them and shot the shit. Hopefully Vt can get something going, as they are playing through the 6k/12k/2k level tonight. He has correctly called down someone's three barrel with ace high tonight, and apparently my railage causes Tre to run good as he essentially doubled his stack within about 40 minutes of my arrival at the rail.If I get any text updates from Tre I will update you guys. Best of luck to both of them. Hopefully Tre can bust the guy in Seat 4, as he bubbled me in Event 1 of the Summer Open last year.

New text update from Tre:He is sitting on 175k. Vt is sitting on 36k. Only playing through the 1.5k/3k/400 level tonight. Believe they are just starting the 1k/2k/300 level now so an hour and a half of play until the end of the night.

Ive got $116K going into day two. Pretty happy overall with that. I believe it is around the average finishing stack for 1A. Drew table 4 so didnt have to move all day. My table was soft and almost everyone that got moved to it was just as bad so it was nice not moving. See you all at 2!! Good luck!!

Ive got $116K going into day two. Pretty happy overall with that. I believe it is around the average finishing stack for 1A. Drew table 4 so didnt have to move all day. My table was soft and almost everyone that got moved to it was just as bad so it was nice not moving. See you all at 2!! Good luck!!
GL GL sir. I doubt I will be coming by the Borg tomorrow but if anyone makes Day 3 I'll try to swing by after my job interview in the afternoon.

lol i seem to have a fetish for playing 12 hour days and busting at the 1500/3k level. tremomey just lost a decent pot and was at like 130 or something when i left.shoved K3 into AK ldo.Literally won at showdown once today... played insane good. Hand reraise talked about was this. Blinds were 300/600/75 I had the button.Utg+2 was a young kid who had sat down about 6-8 hands prior and had already talked about playing online a little. He raises to 1500 and I flat with roughly 22k on the button (he covered by 15kish)Flop 4h 5h 8c. He quickly bets 2200, I call. Turn paired the 5 and he bet 6k pretty quickly. I thought for a little and called. River was the 6s. He bet 8k again pretty quickly. I tank called after getting him to laugh a little to confirm he was weak. He insta mucked and I tabled the AQ lawlz.

lol i seem to have a fetish for playing 12 hour days and busting at the 1500/3k level. tremomey just lost a decent pot and was at like 130 or something when i left.shoved K3 into AK ldo.Literally won at showdown once today... played insane good. Hand reraise talked about was this. Blinds were 300/600/75 I had the button.Utg+2 was a young kid who had sat down about 6-8 hands prior and had already talked about playing online a little. He raises to 1500 and I flat with roughly 22k on the button (he covered by 15kish)Flop 4h 5h 8c. He quickly bets 2200, I call. Turn paired the 5 and he bet 6k pretty quickly. I thought for a little and called. River was the 6s. He bet 8k again pretty quickly. I tank called after getting him to laugh a little to confirm he was weak. He insta mucked and I tabled the AQ lawlz.
GG man, good meeting you. You playing any more events this weekend or just going to play cash?

Latest text from Tre: Quote "Nicelife.net 255k now"4 minutes left in the final level of the day, so looks like we got 2 FCPers going to day 2.Edit: Just sent me a new text. Ended the day with 240k.Here are a couple posts on the Borgata Poker Blog that feature Tre:Tremomey & Jason: Table Captains Trevor "Tremomey" Savage and Jason Young are running over their table. Tremomey has 190,000 and Jason has 225,000. Jason just raised 26,500 over the top of a 6,500 raise, and the opponent folded. Posted by Tropical Steve at 9:59 PM Treymomey Moving Up Trevor "Tremomey" Savage just won a nice hand with A-A versus A-8 and J-J. The aces held up and Tremomey moves up to a commanding 262,000 as play draws to a close for the evening. Posted by Tropical Steve at 11:33 PM Tthat hand was AIPF.

From the Borgata Poker Blog:Wednesday, January 14, 2009Event #1: End of Day 1B That will do it for Day 1B of Event #1. There are about 230 players remaining in this crowd, including Jason Young, Trevor "Treymomey" Savage, Don Buzgon, Nick DiGiacomo and Bob Buzzel, who will join the 136 or so from Day 1A to make a combined field. All of these players will come back at 2 p.m. on Thursday and play until 2 a.m. We should hit the money somewhere around dinnertime.Before that, though, is the start of the $500 buy-in Event #2, at 11 a.m. Thursday. See you then! GL to Tre and all the FCP'ers still alive...TIDDan

Nice call. Way to get a tell out of him.