Aq, River Checkraise

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 10+1 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownUTG (t3125)UTG+1 (t2920)MP1 (t2960)Hero (MP2) (t3030)MP3 (t3250)CO (t3310)Button (t2105)SB (t2595)BB (t3000)Hero's M: 50.50Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Aheart.gif, Qspade.gifUTG raises to t80, 2 folds, Hero calls t80, 2 folds, Button calls t80, 1 fold, BB calls t40Flop: (t340) 8spade.gif, Qheart.gif, Kspade.gif(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checksTurn: (t340) Kheart.gif(4 players)BB checks, UTG bets t40, Hero calls t40, 2 foldsRiver: (t420) 4heart.gif(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets t400, UTG raises to t3005 (All-In), Hero...The river was for value, I though he had a weaker Q or a PP under Q. No reads.

I'm not a fan of calling a minraise pre with AQo from MP. We're inviting multiway action and AQ does not play well multiway. IMO we should 3bet pre to at least ~240 if we're going to play AQo here, though I can see arguments for seeing the flop and hoping we spike TPTK+.On the flop as played, with only one player behind us, I wouldn't mind leading out for about 200 to see where we're at. I would think TP would have led this flop, the prior players checked and the chances of the button holding TP is pretty small. If we're way behind, we get c/r'd or raised by button and we can bail cheaply.Calling the suckbet on the turn is baaaaaaaaaaad. Again, we have no idea where we're at in the hand and just calling isn't going to tell us anything useful.On the river as played, once your lead gets raised, time to bail. Either slowplayed trips or the backdoor flush got there, and even if UTG is making a crazy c/r bluff, you have no idea where you're at because you made no attempt to find out on previous streets when it would have cost you less to fish for information.Use your chips to figure out where you're at in questionable situations, or get out of the way without putting a single chip in the pot if you believe you're beat.

im going with the dude above,played the hand to cautiously imo,looks like he flopped a set of 8's to me,should be a fold on the river :club:

I'm not a fan of calling a minraise pre with AQo from MP. We're inviting multiway action and AQ does not play well multiway. IMO we should 3bet pre to at least ~240 if we're going to play AQo here, though I can see arguments for seeing the flop and hoping we spike TPTK+.On the flop as played, with only one player behind us, I wouldn't mind leading out for about 200 to see where we're at. I would think TP would have led this flop, the prior players checked and the chances of the button holding TP is pretty small. If we're way behind, we get c/r'd or raised by button and we can bail cheaply.Calling the suckbet on the turn is baaaaaaaaaaad. Again, we have no idea where we're at in the hand and just calling isn't going to tell us anything useful.On the river as played, once your lead gets raised, time to bail. Either slowplayed trips or the backdoor flush got there, and even if UTG is making a crazy c/r bluff, you have no idea where you're at because you made no attempt to find out on previous streets when it would have cost you less to fish for information.Use your chips to figure out where you're at in questionable situations, or get out of the way without putting a single chip in the pot if you believe you're beat.
I agree with all of this. The only thing I would add is just check the river. Since you've shown little aggression this hand you open yourself up to a check raise. I don't think JJ 10 10 is calling a pot sized bet. I know you can be costing yourself value by checking, but in a spot like this I think that is okay.

I would have to assume we have the best hand on the turn. I would raise the turn to 250 or so. If he re-minraises the turn raise I fold, If he calls and checks the river I would probably bet for value, unless you're afraid of the flush, but I think a worse queen is a big part of his range. As played, I don't mind the value bet on the river but I probably would have bet a little less. Once he raises though you have to fold. A river c/r and low stakes is like never ever a bluff.As for you guys who are putting him on a set, give me a break. I agree that he probably has us beat on the river and its possible he has 88, but you cant just go putting people on sets all the damn time, especially at the lower levels, that's a really weak mindset. I think 88 represents a very small percentage of his range.