The New 90-man Sng's On Stars

Those seem pretty cool but it seems like those would take a looooong time.
i finished 11th in one earlier, at that point it was going on 3 hours plus.good structure if you have time for it though

I saw this thread and tried one yesterday morning, $12/ 90 man turbo. I thought the structure was great for a turbo and took 7th without ever really catching cards. I'll definately try more and like others said it's only about 2 hours.

Those seem pretty cool but it seems like those would take a looooong time.
I checked one that was down to 3 and it was past the 5 hour mark. Got ul yesterday losing races finishing 13th and 10th in $38 and $27 turbos. My BR is good for this level for now so I will try grinding these for a few weeks.

Took one of these down yesterday in just under 3 hoursStay solid, wait for hands, no need to press the action... you might not play a hand for an hour and still be in fine shapeA LOT of limping early on... we're talking some people limping every other hand for 4 or 5 levelsEasy game IMO

Took one of these down yesterday in just under 3 hoursStay solid, wait for hands, no need to press the action... you might not play a hand for an hour and still be in fine shapeA LOT of limping early on... we're talking some people limping every other hand for 4 or 5 levelsEasy game IMO
I don't think i've played a turbo tourney in years but since I didn't have alot of time I gave it a whirl. It seemed to me that people were definately playingat a faster pace than necessary as well with alot of erratic play. Players thought any pair was worth a shove and lots of KQo as well. Like I said, play halfway smart and final tabling isn't hard.
even with the 1500 in starting chips, you aren't in push/fold after the 5th level. i really like these things. :club:
Ironic that on the 2+2 forums, that's the exact reason that the turbo's were HATED by the MTSnG grinders. Pushbotting is apparently very effective long-term in a normal turbo.I got a 3rd yesterday in a $5. I was shortstacked for a long time, watching all the other players making moves while my stack dwindled and dwindled. They busted while I folded. I joked about "folding my way to the final table", but that's nearly what happened. Pretty weak, I suppose, but I just sat back and waited for at least halfway decent cards. Then I tripled up with 7c9c somewhere near the money when I could no longer afford to fold, then sat and waited some more. One player took out most of the final table. I took out 4th place, eventually got even stacks 3-way, and then got outplayed for awhile. I appeared to be especially weak-tight, largely as a result of the horrendous cards I had been getting. But then I lost a big hand where AQ < K9 allin preflop, which all but guaranteed my 3rd place finish.
Ironic that on the 2+2 forums, that's the exact reason that the turbo's were HATED by the MTSnG grinders. Pushbotting is apparently very effective long-term in a normal turbo.
I read the thread there too, I swear the uber-grinders there think they are God's gift to PokerStars. This new structure is great, some patience pays off early and then when you get to approx 3 tables remaining a lot of players really tighten up and you can raise/reraise/steal frequently. Shove on limpers, they will fold. I enjoy these over normal turbos because you really get some good play and if you change gears at the right times they can be crushed.
You would think that after 2000+ sng's you would realize limping utg than calling a 5x raise with K6 is not a profitable play.
lol, here's a good one. I know it's only a $1 turbo, but LOLLERSKATES!PokerStars Game #23585457782: Tournament #131812878, $1.00+$0.10 Hold'em No Limit - Level XVII (500/1000) - 2009/01/04 23:35:30 ETTable '131812878 10' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: dianai (17346 in chips) Seat 2: pokergregk23 (2628 in chips) Seat 4: ace2222ace (9148 in chips) Seat 5: use2uze (13110 in chips) Seat 6: SchizoTito (7335 in chips) Seat 8: smil78 (11710 in chips) Seat 9: Beaverstyle (35933 in chips) dianai: posts the ante 125pokergregk23: posts the ante 125ace2222ace: posts the ante 125use2uze: posts the ante 125SchizoTito: posts the ante 125smil78: posts the ante 125Beaverstyle: posts the ante 125smil78: posts small blind 500Beaverstyle: posts big blind 1000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Beaverstyle [8s Ad]dianai: folds pokergregk23: folds ace2222ace: folds use2uze: folds SchizoTito: folds smil78: calls 500Beaverstyle: raises 34808 to 35808 and is all-insmil78: calls 10585 and is all-inUncalled bet (24223) returned to Beaverstyle*** FLOP *** [2c 5c 8d]*** TURN *** [2c 5c 8d] [7h]*** RIVER *** [2c 5c 8d 7h] [3d]*** SHOW DOWN ***smil78: shows [4c Jc] (high card Jack)Beaverstyle: shows [8s Ad] (a pair of Eights)Beaverstyle collected 24045 from potuse2uze said, "wow"*** SUMMARY ***use2uze: u got balls