How Do You Like My Line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00+$0.20 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopMP1 (t1655)Hero (MP2) (t2480)MP3 (t1722)CO (t1800)Button (t425)SB (t1033)BB (t1320)UTG (t1720)UTG+1 (t1255)Hero's M: 55.11Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8spade.gif, 8diamond.gifUTG raises to t110, 2 folds, Hero calls t110, 1 fold, CO calls t110, 2 folds, BB calls t80Flop: (t455) Qclub.gif, 6spade.gif, Qspade.gif(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t240, CO calls t240, 2 foldsTurn: (t935) 7club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets t330, Hero calls t330River: (t1595) Kclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets t330, Hero calls t330Total pot: t2255

well idk i can't see how we'd play it differently but i not sure if i like it. guess nothing wrong w/ checking on the flop, or trying to bet more on the flop.

I like leading ugly multiway flops with a questionable holding as much as the next guy, but even I'm a bit squeamish about betting this one. What's our plan once we get called? I'm pretty sure we get called here by somebody, and villain's the one guy I'd rather not call us, given he has position.I can only see calling the turn bet if we think we have villain beat and that he's just bluffing off his chips. But that turn bet, after calling your flop bet, could just as easily be a suckbet with a better hand as it could be a half-assed stab (and given stack size, a bad play without a made hand) at the pot.

I like leading ugly multiway flops with a questionable holding as much as the next guy, but even I'm a bit squeamish about betting this one. What's our plan once we get called? I'm pretty sure we get called here by somebody, and villain's the one guy I'd rather not call us, given he has position.I can only see calling the turn bet if we think we have villain beat and that he's just bluffing off his chips. But that turn bet, after calling your flop bet, could just as easily be a suckbet with a better hand as it could be a half-assed stab (and given stack size, a bad play without a made hand) at the pot.
Actually, the guy with position was the only guy I would consider calling based on his wide range. If the early position raiser bet or check raised my I would definitely be done with the hand. I guess if I put the villian on a flush draw, he would likely check behind on the turn rather than betting. I guess my logic was a bit flawed.

I just check behind on the flop and probably on the turn too. We just don't want to compound a problem here. pot's small, betting (esp. your bet size on the flop) doesn't really push out better hands, or even get worst hands to fold given you've given them such good odds. just check it down and let it go.if we do wanna bet, do it like we mean it. 500, or don't bother.

I just check behind on the flop and probably on the turn too. We just don't want to compound a problem here. pot's small, betting (esp. your bet size on the flop) doesn't really push out better hands, or even get worst hands to fold given you've given them such good odds. just check it down and let it go.if we do wanna bet, do it like we mean it. 500, or don't bother.
^^^ This. We have some showdown value on the river and I'd be much more inclined to call a reasonable bet on the river in that scenario (c/c/c the turn) than in the one we have here.I probably would've checked behind on the flop and nearly potted the turn should it be checked to me again. As played on the flop I think we have to bet hard on the turn again to push off draws and other ok hands that villain may have, or we need to c/f. I think c/c is probably the worst spewy line we can take, especially if we're not willing to bet the river.I also think you're trying to play waaaaay too hard and tricky for a $2.20 sng.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00+$0.20 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopMP1 (t1655)Hero (MP2) (t2480)MP3 (t1722)CO (t1800)Button (t425)SB (t1033)BB (t1320)UTG (t1720)UTG+1 (t1255)Hero's M: 55.11Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8spade.gif, 8diamond.gifUTG raises to t110, 2 folds, Hero calls t110, 1 fold, CO calls t110, 2 folds, BB calls t80Flop: (t455) Qclub.gif, 6spade.gif, Qspade.gif(4 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t240, CO calls t240, 2 foldsTurn: (t935) 7club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets t330, Hero calls t330River: (t1595) Kclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets t330, Hero calls t330Total pot: t2255
If I'm leading this flop then I'm more than likely leading this turn as well for about 500 unless I have a read that the villian is a calling station, then I can check/fold against a calling station. If I have a read that the villian is loose/agressive I may check-raise this turn but it would have to be a strong read that villian likes to try to steal pots. Agaisnt a tighter/aggressive player, I probably check/fold the turn. The small bets are tricky, they are either air or Q.
^^^ This. We have some showdown value on the river and I'd be much more inclined to call a reasonable bet on the river in that scenario (c/c/c the turn) than in the one we have here.I probably would've checked behind on the flop and nearly potted the turn should it be checked to me again. As played on the flop I think we have to bet hard on the turn again to push off draws and other ok hands that villain may have, or we need to c/f. I think c/c is probably the worst spewy line we can take, especially if we're not willing to bet the river.I also think you're trying to play waaaaay too hard and tricky for a $2.20 sng.

OK I hate your line.The tester bet on the flop is fine with me, see if anyone has the queen. At micro stakes, they are pretty much going to slowplay the flop every time, then make a small raise on the turn. The way I would play it is the same as you, preflop and on the flop.On the turn, I would bet the 350 or so, and fold to a minraise. This way you can find out if he has the FD, the 6, or the Q as cheaply as possible without losing the lead in the hand. If he calls and its a safe river I would bet for value, and again fold to a raise. With the river card that came, I would check, and call a bet 1/4-1/3 the size of the pot. As played you have to fold the river. These people just don't bluff often enough to make that call profitable. The line you took on the turn and river is way too spewy.