When you guys are all posting stats like27/7 243/21 5What the hell do they mean? I have asked this before and never gotten an answer. Because I don't play that often anymore, I am just lurking strat, rather than posting. But when people type these things out I would like to know what they are in reference too, and also what is a good/bad number for whatever they are referencing.

vpip/pfr/agrvpip - is the percent of hands you voluntarily play preflop. hands you get in for free from the bb do not count. pfr is the percent of time you raise preflop. if you raise and then cap i am not sure if it counts as two or one, but i think it counts as one. agr is the number of times you bet + the number of times you fold / the number of times you call post flop. it basically indicates how aggressive you are postflop. note that it is a function of vpip (did i say that right?) so that if two people have an agr of 2.5 but one has a vpip of 20 and the other is 40 we are talking about two very different things. the guy at 20 is about normal and the guy at 40 is a maniac.

vpip/pfr/agrvpip - is the percent of hands you voluntarily play preflop. hands you get in for free from the bb do not count. pfr is the percent of time you raise preflop. if you raise and then cap i am not sure if it counts as two or one, but i think it counts as one. agr is the number of times you bet + the number of times you fold / the number of times you call post flop. it basically indicates how aggressive you are postflop. note that it is a function of vpip (did i say that right?) so that if two people have an agr of 2.5 but one has a vpip of 20 and the other is 40 we are talking about two very different things. the guy at 20 is about normal and the guy at 40 is a maniac.
I actually never knew how agr was determined. Thanks for defining that.
oh, you have to use a 3rd party software? I thought pstars banned all these.
no. they banned a couple of new things, i think mainly the web based services like sharkscope that datamine all the games and make public people's results. database tracking programs are and probably will always be allowed.

Who are you and what did you do with El Guapo?A typical 'TAG', basically what most regulars are - is around 19/17 vpip/pfr stats wise

Who are you and what did you do with El Guapo?
I got re-interested in playing the lat couple weeks, I had never ever taken the time to bother with online stats, because the majority of my play until the past year was live.
I got re-interested in playing the lat couple weeks, I had never ever taken the time to bother with online stats, because the majority of my play until the past year was live.
if you are playing recreationaly one table at a time i wouldn't really bother with this stuff. if you are going to play seriously it is indispensable.
AF is actually (bets + RAISES)/calls.
if you are playing recreationaly one table at a time i wouldn't really bother with this stuff. if you are going to play seriously it is indispensable.
Not yet, maybe down the road. I pretty much just play sng's and mtt's.
We all have an El Guapo on our lives. Ours happens to be the real El Guapo.
This is true.
I certainly wouldn't pay for a program if you're that kind of player but you can still benefit from free programs like the Realtime HUD. In fact, I still use the free program myself. The only difference between it and the programs you pay for is that it doesn't keep a database that you can use to examine player stats (including your own). But for the HUD itself it is perfectly fine.