I think this was my point that I was trying to make that I did not. Obviously when I do play poker it for entertainment first and if I make money at, that is a bonus. But if I were to sit down 5-6 days a week I think it would be very tiresome. I think you guys have explained that the time I was equating to the volume of hands played was not correct. I still could not imagine playing a million hands in a year. I have been playing since I was 13 and I am no where close to that many hands over my life, and I used to play 3-5 nights a week (live). When you put that kind of volume in Rdog, are you really just being a bot playing ABC? Especially 8-12 tables, you cannot possibly be picking up tells or betting patterns on people like that.
I still think there are a ton of decisions to be made. I guess I would be considered ABC but if you play ABC poker better than most you are going to win money. I mean, its a pretty simple decision. Playing 4 tables would certainly increase my win rate by a pretty fair amount but I think that my hourly playing 11 tables is going to be much more than playing 4. Playing 1/3 the tables isn't going to increase my win rate by 3x cause no one beats the game at that clip so it is virtually impossible even if you were only playing one table. Hourly is much more important than win rate in poker. And yes, playing that many tables there are still quite a few things I pick up on.Also, from someone that worked a corporate job for 10 years. Yeah, poker is mentally exhausting but there is give and take. The mental exhaustion certainly is worth dealing with over having a clueless VP trying to tell you how to do your job, having to fire someone or having to tell a 19 year old girl that she needs to cover up her thong, among many other things. Basically all jobs have their "issues". My job is completely up to me and I don't have to rely on anyone else, plus it gives me tons of flexibility to do what I want when I want.
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to everyone for all the great results and such amazing graphs. They are very inspirational and it's always nice to see great success from FCPers. Also big congrats Naked_Cowboy for your breaking 2008 result :club: Make sure you and your wife get plenty of sleep between now and July/August of 2009!My focus in 2008 was again on donkaments as it was in the previous year. However, as Silkyjonson pointed out, the results in this thread show that cash games tend to yield more consistent results so one of my goals for 2009 is to play and learn more about cash games. In fact, I just purchased Hold’em Manager today as a first step towards that goal but still need to figure out how to get it to run properly on Vista lol… Here is my summary for 2008:Cash games (online and live): ~$1.5kRakeback and bonuses: ~$1.8kOnline Tournaments and SNGs: ~$32kLive Tournaments: ~$31kI ran pretty well in November but then couldn’t run any worse in December. Overall though I am content with my results for 2008 as I met a couple of the goals that I set out at the beginning of the year (make $50k in poker in 2008, win a donkament for a 5 figure payday, etc.). I am excited about the new year and I am looking forward to improving and learning more about the game in 2009.GL to everyone in 2009 and Happy New Year FCP!

I still think there are a ton of decisions to be made. I guess I would be considered ABC but if you play ABC poker better than most you are going to win money. I mean, its a pretty simple decision. Playing 4 tables would certainly increase my win rate by a pretty fair amount but I think that my hourly playing 11 tables is going to be much more than playing 4. Playing 1/3 the tables isn't going to increase my win rate by 3x cause no one beats the game at that clip so it is virtually impossible even if you were only playing one table. Hourly is much more important than win rate in poker. And yes, playing that many tables there are still quite a few things I pick up on.Also, from someone that worked a corporate job for 10 years. Yeah, poker is mentally exhausting but there is give and take. The mental exhaustion certainly is worth dealing with over having a clueless VP trying to tell you how to do your job, having to fire someone or having to tell a 19 year old girl that she needs to cover up her thong, among many other things. Basically all jobs have their "issues". My job is completely up to me and I don't have to rely on anyone else, plus it gives me tons of flexibility to do what I want when I want.
whhaaaa why would do that???
Know how I know you're gay?
whhaaaa why would do that???
Know how I know you're gay?
You ever been in an office before with a lot of women where you let the hot young thing get away with something like that? Sometimes you have to do things you may not necessarily agree with just because your employees might think its favoritism.

$180K prizes, $50K profit, 38% ROI. Around $28K from online cash but I am lazy with HEM etc so not exactly sure. Fairly happy just sux I can never ship a really big score. Came very close to $15K - $50K scores maybe 10 times, and the biggest I actually got was $9K.

$180K prizes, $50K profit, 38% ROI. Around $28K from online cash but I am lazy with HEM etc so not exactly sure. Fairly happy just sux I can never ship a really big score. Came very close to $15K - $50K scores maybe 10 times, and the biggest I actually got was $9K.
This was me in 07....08 I actually hit a couple WSOPME seats (10k+) and a few others over 10k including an 18, and 26....sooo you can do it in 09!

Made ~98k in total profits this year. Need to re-calculate with some live results. After building a bankroll last year and making ~7.5k last year (I think) and starting the year off at 100 NL, I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made but I have high expectations for myself and hope to put in a lot more volume and really take off this year.

Rdog/Jesse etc, how do you make $ from your fpps?
Concierge service for the most part. You email them receipts for stuff you bought, they put money in your account to reimburse you. Occasionally I don't have receipts and I get a bonus.
Concierge service for the most part. You email them receipts for stuff you bought, they put money in your account to reimburse you. Occasionally I don't have receipts and I get a bonus.
Do you buy stuff just to use the concierge or do you send them receipts for stuff you would've bought regardless?
Do you buy stuff just to use the concierge or do you send them receipts for stuff you would've bought regardless?
1. Buy expensive stuff2. Concierge it3. Take expensive stuff back4. ??????5. Profit.
Stuff I would buy anyway. The 4k Supernova bonus is basically the same value so it doesn't make sense to just buy stuff. I don't really buy a lot of things though. I Concierged all of my business inventory at the beginning of the year. Plus I travel a decent amount and Concierge flights, hotels. Christmas presents, gift cards.

K my year:$54K online, $69K ish with rakeback and bonuses$50K liveTotal: $120K minus maybe $10K worth of travel and coachingSo net for the year $110K. Obv everything is relative and I'm very thankful to be able to make a reasonable living playing poker, but 2008 was my worst year so far as a pro and it was crazy brutal emotionally at times for me. As you can see from my graph, there was basically one 40K hand stretch where I make $40K, and then 300K hands where I made like nothing. So anyway, I'm looking forward to 2009.<3Markyear3877625xz9.jpg

Graduated to 100nl last May and have had a few good months but way too much life crap/running bad/etc to be anywhere near happy w/ my results. Past 3 months have been basically breakeven which is pretty LOL but w/e.Online: $7500Live: $970Total: $8470edit: no graphs cuz i lost the first 7 months of hands sigh

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhMy Vegas trip ****ed up my numbers, cuz I just counted how much money I had when I left Canada, then how much I had when I returned, so my June totals aren't exactly my poker winnings, since they include both forms of table hold'em (ultimate and th bonus), crazy4poker, credit card roulette, bowling, penthouse suites, throwing money away, etc... soooooo...Somewhere between $62k and $75k, depending on whether you are a lender, or the government.I'm not super impressed, considering I was 10000% sure I'd hit 6-figures the way 2007 ended, and 2008 started.Gonna do it in 2009, though. Also gonna play more than 20 hands per day.

Started seriously building a bankroll in August from $93 to $650 before cashing it all out in a heat of the moment on tilt decision.2008 from OPR$1,174 prizes$283 profit32% ROIDon't know how to do it for Sharkscope, but its $900 over the last 2 years. 9% ROI.2009 - I'm really going to try make it my year, play a lot more poker and get that bankroll kicking on.

This was me in 07....08 I actually hit a couple WSOPME seats (10k+) and a few others over 10k including an 18, and 26....sooo you can do it in 09!
Ty Troyo I certainly hope so. I was HU a few times for a seat this year but no go

2008 was alright, hoping for big results in 09 though. Most of my hands, missing some that were played on laptops and other computers, but most of it is here. Also only started playing seriously again in August, so ya, not a bad year considering. For some reason it won't let me insert the pic, so here is the linkGraphGLGL All