Kqss Facing 3bet Shovel Pf

Alright, so hero has been playing TAG. Had villain drawing dead twice and villain of course hit (4card flush and then a gutter). Villain had been playing pretty weak. He would minbet bluff a lot. Lately though, he was min 3betting my raises, though for about the past 15 hands, he would bet much more and actually shoveled about 5 times. What is your play here?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00+$0.40 Tournament, 1500/3000 Blinds 300 Ante (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flopSB (t165484)Hero (Button) (t104516)Hero's M: 20.49Preflop: Hero is Button with Kspade.gif, Qspade.gifHero raises to t6000, SB raises to t165184 (All-In), Hero hates his life

I'm going to assume you've called his min-3bets and folded to his shoves and he has picked up on this, giving him a wider range. He could show up with air, KJ, KT, QJ, QT (best cases) but I think a small pp and A-rag are his most likely holdings I don't see you beind dominated by an opponent who could be taking advantage of your supposed willingness to fold to his pf shoves. Also, he could be getting bored and just looking to start another tourney.I think this depends on if you are happy with 2nd place money or really want first. I call fwiw and river a Q vs 88.

I'd reluctantly fold and hope to trap with better soon. If you pick up ATs+ or 66+ any time soon, you've got to pull the trigger (that is, trap him into shoving again and then call); if you go card dead for a while and your stack dwindles to half this level, you'll have to call with something like this or perhaps worse.The thing is, the blinds are lopping off 1M every two hands. Does someone with a fancy computer simulator know how many hands on average it will take to get dealt better than KQs? Maybe the risk of dwindling means we do have to call, the more I think about it. It will only take 20 hands if we fold every time and put no money in the pot voluntarily before we have to double up just to get back to where we are now.

I'd want at least an Ace or a good PP before I'd call a shove here, unless he was overshoving every hand he could, in which case I might call off with KQs hoping that I trapped a bad bluff. But really, I want AT+ or 66+ to call off here.

I was railing during this and although i think this is a fold, i dont blame you for calling... villain had sucked out on you twice when you had him all in and drawing to just a couple outs... i dont blame you for calling here out of frustration hoping to out draw him.

Alright, so hero has been playing TAG. Had villain drawing dead twice and villain of course hit (4card flush and then a gutter).
Meant to mention this in my first post: maybe I'm being picky to point this out, but if a villain is "drawing dead" then by definition they can't "hit". I think you mean "drawing slim".
Meant to mention this in my first post: maybe I'm being picky to point this out, but if a villain is "drawing dead" then by definition they can't "hit". I think you mean "drawing slim".
lol. Good call.Hit a 4card flush on me when I flopped the flush. And then hit gutter when I flopped top pair.

One more thing: letting a player who sucked out on you twice draw you into making a bad call is the purest definition of tilting. Other than whether or not his calls and general play were bad in his suckout hands... what villain took from you in prior hands should not factor at all into your decision making. Never think in terms of "getting even". If a player is bad and sucked out on you by playing bad, he will usually piss his chips back onto the table in time... as long as you stay on your game and continue playing well.

One more thing: letting a player who sucked out on you twice draw you into making a bad call is the purest definition of tilting. Other than whether or not his calls and general play were bad in his suckout hands... what villain took from you in prior hands should not factor at all into your decision making. Never think in terms of "getting even". If a player is bad and sucked out on you by playing bad, he will usually piss his chips back onto the table in time... as long as you stay on your game and continue playing well.
What? Prior plays and previous action should definitely determine how you are going to play a certain hand. This isn't anything about tilting, those suckout hands help us know that villain is willing to put his chips in the middle light. Thats the reason this hand is a question. If I knew that villain was not capable of putting his chips in with KT and other weaker hands, this wouldn't be a question.

Yes, I'm not disagreeing with using our reads based on prior play. Making a stupid all-in call yourself with a marginal hand in a vain attempt to get back at him, however, indicates you're letting his two suckouts affect your judgment.If he's going to play KT+, wouldn't you rather call off with Ax or a PP? For KQ to be good, he has to basically have exactly KT or KJ. Against a range of AT+, KT+ and good PP, maybe 77+, this is a a bad call because you're behind to basically that entire range. Would you make this call if he hadn't sucked out on you twice?

Yes, I'm not disagreeing with using our reads based on prior play. Making a stupid all-in call yourself with a marginal hand in a vain attempt to get back at him, however, indicates you're letting his two suckouts affect your judgment.If he's going to play KT+, wouldn't you rather call off with Ax or a PP? For KQ to be good, he has to basically have exactly KT or KJ. Against a range of AT+, KT+ and good PP, maybe 77+, this is a a bad call because you're behind to basically that entire range. Would you make this call if he hadn't sucked out on you twice?
Again, this call was not because of tilt, My equity is this hand against his range is pretty good, and I thought I would be ahead of his range a good amount of the time. The reason now that I look back at this hand is b/c I should have waited to outplay him, than just get in on a flip like I did. The call was not made because I was getting frustrated, it was b/c of his frequency of shoving lately as well as his horrendous plays prior.